Sheffield United FC vs Tottenham Hotspur | Page 11 | Vital Football

Sheffield United FC vs Tottenham Hotspur

Result?

• WIn

• Draw

• Lose

Results are only viewable after voting.
Saying we lost tonight because our players are stupid is in itself stupid.

They played badly but they aren't stupid players (well except Aurier). Are you all saying Sheff Utd players are smarter or is it perhaps they have been trained better as a team?

Regardless of what your manager/coach teaches you, you cannot leave players unmarked in and around the box without expecting to be punished. Our defense was that bad it made Lloris look like rubbish.

Yes, the VAR were bad, hopeless, pathetic, but Spurs were worse....way worse.

Jose is either...
Making us so bad that he has a case for a total rebuild (good luck with that)
Or
Crap

I just don't get what's gone wrong here.
I much preferred it when there was no bloody football as I wouldn't be wound up like I am.

Bring back a total effing lockdown. I can't take this shite.

I have a new way of handling disappointment with Spurs. My health has been so much better without football and all the stress and worry that goes with supporting our Club.

I no longer worry or fret over anything I can't change or influence.

Spurs are crap. We have been crap for too long now and it's about time we all came to accept it. Jose is crap. Levy does not want the same outcomes as we do.

We all support Spurs for different reasons, but we all fell in love with the beautiful football we were known for. It's been a while since we've seen it, and Jose is not about to magically make it re appear.

With teams like Leicester, Wolves, Sheffield and Arse above us, well we're exactly where we deserve to be.

Anyway...it's Friday! Yeh!

Our 2nd half display was absolutely woeful. No tracking from midfield, players ball watching & the classic Aurier brain fart. All the good work from the last 2 games just went out the window.

Today is what we deserved.The game against Man utd was lucky.On any other day de gea saves that shot hit straight at him.Apart from that he did not have that much to do.Against Whu we were lucky.If the ref disallows the first goal like by law he should,then they would not have left themselves open when they were pushing forward.Today happened because they scored first and our style of play could not break them down allowing us to get back in the game.We have been lucky not good and we got what we deserved

Really ANNOYED at the result of the game! Terrible defending. MOURINHO needs a good kicking. If he can’t build a defence, he shouldn’t be here. Even when we got near their goal, we couldn’t put any passes together to put in a decent shot. The disallowed goal was CRIMINAL. IM NOT SURE IF I WANT TO WATCH ANOTHER GAME. THIS WAS AWFUL.

Me too I would not waste my time watching

Have just watched the replay, then read your posts and you guys have said it all, but I will add.
The players attitude is a reflection of ENIC's mantra, "just go out and play to ensure that we stay in the Premier League, preferably in the top four (for the added revenue) and everything is kosher"!

Season from hell is over. Doesn't matter what the outcomes of the remaining six games are.
Time to show Mourinho the door, turn out the lights, spend a bit of money out of the sales of Kane, Son, Ndembele and Alli, on proven players or players of potential who are prepared to join a Club not involved in Europe, whose best years were six decades ago, and then we go again.
New manager, new team, new stadium, and anticipation of another new dawn.
The realities of being a Spurs supporter.

I still think that Jose has got it wrong with certain players. He has been way too nice to some of them. He needs to get that video analysis out and basically tell Aurier, Sissoko and Son that enough is enough with their defending.

Start with Sissoko. Just ask the guy what he is doing out on the right when they are attacking from the other side. Remind him that he is the midfield enforcer and was picked in the middle to do just that. Then let him know that he is in last chance saloon with this lone wolf attitude that he keeps bringing to the game. Jose also knows that no manager in that guys entire career has tamed him and needs a Hojberg that has a football brain. Then we avoid these types of goals we keep conceding like the first.

Secondly, Son. He needs to be shown the 50 times in the game that I'm watching him appear from off screen in a sprint mode as he has only just engaged his brain. I'm probably not joking when I say 50 either. Son needs to see it and explain to Jose why he simply can't track back like every other attacking player in the world does. He needs to tell Jose why he keeps standing around and then switching on. He costs us a goal doing it last night as he was running so fast backwards that he couldn't stop and was off the pitch when the ball went in. You wouldn't expect that from a 12 year old. Then you get one of the coaches to blow a whistle in training and stop the game every time he does it until it becomes second nature.

Thirdly. Aurier. It's another video nasty for him of his season. Just show him every time he has been caught walking back and ball watching. Just show him every time he has assumed the ball is going in and just stopped. Show him last nights game where he didn't go with the man and never once tried to speed up. We've all seen it over and over. The guy has a massive attitude problem about defending. He doesn't make up for it either in the attacking sense. He must have been in 7 or 8 great crossing positions last night. Didn't find a Spurs shirts once. He doesn't even kick the ball correctly. That's my biggest problem with him. He is afforded a luxury position and allowed to attack and has zero quality on the ball. He's just a strong athlete that can't be bothered to defend.

So I'm disappointed with Jose. I thought he saw all this stuff that we've all been discussing for a long time now and would fix some of it. You simply can't expect to build something when you have these types of problems in the side. The other players just don't relax into a system when you have lone wolves like Sissoko and Aurier doing their own thing. You win nothing unless you defend from the front and can trust all players to defend properly and as a unit.

It's also clear to me that you can probably replace 2 or 3 and leave everyone else playing together and it will come back so much stronger. I thought that is what Jose would bring.

It looks at present like Mourinho couldn’t run a bath!
This is supposed to be a football legend genius of management. The Sheffield manager made him look like a 2nd division manager.
I haven’t seen any reason why Mourinho is managing a Premier league club. He was useless at Manky United, he did nothing there. It was never reported that the players loved him or were totally inspired by him. They took no leap up the table or became exciting to watch. So they off loaded him and who got”bargain of the year”? Us lucky people did! AM I BEING SARCASTIC? You guess.
Get us a top manager Levy. Let him go unless he gets a grip or suddenly turns us around. He can hardly say he has poor players, except Dire. Pochettino would have done better with these players maybe.

I thought I might see a good game last night. DISAPPOINTED!
Will I watch the next game? I might. Really ONLY to confirm what I already believe about Mourinho. SO PROVE ME WRONG JOSE. I’M PREPARED TO BE APOLOGETIC AND HAVE A TOTAL CHANGE OF MIND. BUT IF I’M HONEST..... I CANT SEE IT. I CAN ONLY SEE US DWINDLING.

Is every goal we score this season going to be reviewed by VAR? All four we have scored so far have been reviewed plus Son's against West Ham and Kane's last night. I'm sick of celebrating a goal and waiting for the game to restart only to find out it's being reviewed.

I've given up on this season. It should have been scrapped.
That VAR decision was shocking but so was our defending. I thought Maureens teams were meant to know how to defend!! For their first goal we had 6 outfield players and the Goalkeeper in our box just watching the ball. It was terrible.
We will be lucky to get a Europa place at this rate which to be honest may not be a bad thing.
I dispair because 2-3 years ago we were the team that was feared, even by the big boys.
Nobody fancied playing us.

Now we are getting smashed by Sheffield United (no disrespect meant).

I still think that Jose has got it wrong with certain players. He has been way too nice to some of them. He needs to get that video analysis out and basically tell Aurier, Sissoko and Son that enough is enough with their defending.

Start with Sissoko. Just ask the guy what he is doing out on the right when they are attacking from the other side. Remind him that he is the midfield enforcer and was picked in the middle to do just that. Then let him know that he is in last chance saloon with this lone wolf attitude that he keeps bringing to the game. Jose also knows that no manager in that guys entire career has tamed him and needs a Hojberg that has a football brain. Then we avoid these types of goals we keep conceding like the first.

Secondly, Son. He needs to be shown the 50 times in the game that I'm watching him appear from off screen in a sprint mode as he has only just engaged his brain. I'm probably not joking when I say 50 either. Son needs to see it and explain to Jose why he simply can't track back like every other attacking player in the world does. He needs to tell Jose why he keeps standing around and then switching on. He costs us a goal doing it last night as he was running so fast backwards that he couldn't stop and was off the pitch when the ball went in. You wouldn't expect that from a 12 year old. Then you get one of the coaches to blow a whistle in training and stop the game every time he does it until it becomes second nature.

Thirdly. Aurier. It's another video nasty for him of his season. Just show him every time he has been caught walking back and ball watching. Just show him every time he has assumed the ball is going in and just stopped. Show him last nights game where he didn't go with the man and never once tried to speed up. We've all seen it over and over. The guy has a massive attitude problem about defending. He doesn't make up for it either in the attacking sense. He must have been in 7 or 8 great crossing positions last night. Didn't find a Spurs shirts once. He doesn't even kick the ball correctly. That's my biggest problem with him. He is afforded a luxury position and allowed to attack and has zero quality on the ball. He's just a strong athlete that can't be bothered to defend.

So I'm disappointed with Jose. I thought he saw all this stuff that we've all been discussing for a long time now and would fix some of it. You simply can't expect to build something when you have these types of problems in the side. The other players just don't relax into a system when you have lone wolves like Sissoko and Aurier doing their own thing. You win nothing unless you defend from the front and can trust all players to defend properly and as a unit.

It's also clear to me that you can probably replace 2 or 3 and leave everyone else playing together and it will come back so much stronger. I thought that is what Jose would bring.
Excellent summary.

It looks at present like Mourinho couldn’t run a bath!
This is supposed to be a football legend genius of management. The Sheffield manager made him look like a 2nd division manager.
I haven’t seen any reason why Mourinho is managing a Premier league club. He was useless at Manky United, he did nothing there. It was never reported that the players loved him or were totally inspired by him. They took no leap up the table or became exciting to watch. So they off loaded him and who got”bargain of the year”? Us lucky people did! AM I BEING SARCASTIC? You guess.
Get us a top manager Levy. Let him go unless he gets a grip or suddenly turns us around. He can hardly say he has poor players, except Dire. Pochettino would have done better with these players maybe.

I thought I might see a good game last night. DISAPPOINTED!
Will I watch the next game? I might. Really ONLY to confirm what I already believe about Mourinho. SO PROVE ME WRONG JOSE. I’M PREPARED TO BE APOLOGETIC AND HAVE A TOTAL CHANGE OF MIND. BUT IF I’M HONEST..... I CANT SEE IT. I CAN ONLY SEE US DWINDLING.
Agree with most of your comments, but Levy is going to find it very difficult to find a 'top manager'. Top managers don't go to mid table Clubs who are not in European football. He needs to find another Pochettino, somebody who has demonstrated his potential and wants the next step up. There aren't too many of them around.

I thought we were playing quite well last night up until the opening goal. We'd taken control of the game, created numerous good positions if not clear cut chances, and I felt it was only a matter of time before we scored. It was a shock to me when Sheffield scored.

However our play in the final third was abysmal. We created numerous good openings but were let down by some very poor decision-making and execution. After the goal went in all the old failings returned.

Anyone else think the Sanchez and Dier combination is the way forward?

Told you it was a bang average combination. Dier for the second goal was pathetic. His response after the goal was very telling. Overweight lazy tosser.

The usual suspects were dumb and poor but we all know who those guys are. I'm more interested in the new combinations at this stage.

How we folded when a decision didn't go our way was the most worrying part of the game. Same old spurs, sulk and don't have the fight when the going gets tuff.

Poor attitude and effort from the players and some poor management decisions from the so called special one.

This partnership is only going one way. We all know the outcome. Come the end of the season we should part ways. It's not going to work.

Agree with most of your comments, but Levy is going to find it very difficult to find a 'top manager'. Top managers don't go to mid table Clubs who are not in European football. He needs to find another Pochettino, somebody who has demonstrated his potential and wants the next step up. There aren't too many of them around.

Levy and ENIC need to sell the club and do one. It will just be groundhog day if they stay.

Mutters, he doesn’t need to say anything to Aurier and Sissoko except goodbye...they will never change...more importantly Levy needs to say the same to Jose who I have supported but now it’s obvious he doesn’t have what it takes to build a modern football team...and even more importantly someone needs to say goodbye to Levy for engineering this mess over the last 20+ years...unfortunately....