What’s going on? | Page 10 | Vital Football

What’s going on?

13 hours in, the shock is wearing off but I’m fucking furious. Personally I’m sceptical about us being sold. Yes I know we’ve player and fixed assets but there isn’t much room for growth in the business and there will be plenty more clubs up for sale before the year is out. Plus why would you buy a footballl club in this climate with vastly reduced revenue streams in the current climate?

I’ve got my head around the fact we’re likely going down and I’m not arsed as long as we’ve a club to support, that’s all I’m bothered about. I still want us to appeal it though out of principal, the efl have effectively sided and abetted this crime and to then punished us for it as well is grossly wrong. This organisation is not fit fir purpose and needs reform.
Chin up mate.

1. We'll get bought ....... even if only short term by DW.
2. We're doing well ...... we look good in the shop window.
3. If we carry on with this form, even minus 12 points, we won't go down.
4. Covid will nullify the 12 points anyway.

Other than that, I fully agree.
;)

Been a bad few months personally for myself with lots of tears an upset but today again heard the news on bbc radio and shed lots of tears. what else can go wrong in my life. Watched wigan since 1985 and well feels like a bereavement but also like I just walked into a burgled home.Hate life at the moment and the one thing that was keeping me up was the latics current form, god forbid the next few weeks. Love my family and Love my football club but seems both are sliding away.

Been a bad few months personally for myself with lots of tears an upset but today again heard the news on bbc radio and shed lots of tears. what else can go wrong in my life. Watched wigan since 1985 and well feels like a bereavement but also like I just walked into a burgled home.Hate life at the moment and the one thing that was keeping me up was the latics current form, god forbid the next few weeks. Love my family and Love my football club but seems both are sliding away.
Stay safe mate. Not been great personally these last few months either, but we;re stronger than we think,

Latics will get through this .......and will again be a force for good and happiness in our lives.

If you've suffered a loss (or losses), then I pray you'll get over it/them .......... your loved ones would want you to ........... if you're struggling pal, shout out via PM.

Take care.
(y)

Stay safe mate. Not been great personally these last few months either, but we;re stronger than we think,

Latics will get through this .......and will again be a force for good and happiness in our lives.

If you've suffered a loss (or losses), then I pray you'll get over it/them .......... your loved ones would want you to ........... if you're struggling pal, shout out via PM.

Take care.
(y)

👏👏👏👏.......Nice touch.

I can't help thinking John you're being too pessimistic here.

Cracking recent form.
Comparatively low running costs
Some belting prospects
A Development Centre/Academy on the up
World reknown (through the FA Cup).

That's not a bad CV
trouble is Mooney it’s not a good time to buy or sell a football club

The points deduction (if it must be applied and somehow we don't win an appeal) has to be applied this season.

From a purely football perspective, we have been forced to complete a season (maintain full employment, fund games/travel, extend contracts, pay players appearances/goal bonuses etc) that league one and two haven't. They've been able to release players and furlough staff etc to get through the summer. It's immoral and completely against the fairness and inequality of the league to hit us with a 12 point deduction in a league where the rest of the competition haven't had to meet these measures.

Chin up mate.

1. We'll get bought ....... even if only short term by DW.
2. We're doing well ...... we look good in the shop window.
3. If we carry on with this form, even minus 12 points, we won't go down.
4. Covid will nullify the 12 points anyway.

Other than that, I fully agree.
;)

I wish I shared your optimism Moonay, but I’m struggling with it.

On this, I sincerely hope I’m wrong and you’re right.

The points deduction (if it must be applied and somehow we don't win an appeal) has to be applied this season.

From a purely football perspective, we have been forced to complete a season (maintain full employment, fund games/travel, extend contracts, pay players appearances/goal bonuses etc) that league one and two haven't. They've been able to release players and furlough staff etc to get through the summer. It's immoral and completely against the fairness and inequality of the league to hit us with a 12 point deduction in a league where the rest of the competition haven't had to meet these measures.

There is plenty of scope to appeal this given the unprecedented circumstances in which the season has carried on. One is around the timing of any penalty and secondly the actual penalty itself due to the unique circumstances and the efl’s own role in aiding and abetting this fraud.

Isn't it the £24m loan back to IEC?

Only if the administrators manage to sell the club for that amount.

There is also the doubts around whether that loan has been formalised and monies transferred. Have IEC actually passed over any funds ?

Please note I am only speculating and have no more info than anyone else on here.

There is plenty of scope to appeal this given the unprecedented circumstances in which the season has carried on. One is around the timing of any penalty and secondly the actual penalty itself due to the unique circumstances and the efl’s own role in aiding and abetting this fraud.

I don't think there's grounds for any appeal to a points deduction - the club was bought in late May/early June. For the owners or directors to try and claim administration has been brought on by Covid-19 is a load of bollox when the pandemic had been around for the best part of 5 months before the sale.
We seem to have been shafted by the new guy and also by Choi and the EFL either didn't do a fit and proper test or they did and it was bollocks but in themselves they aren't grounds to appeal

The only grounds I can see for appealing is if it can be argued that the EFL isn't applying its regs properly - for instance, if there is something in there that states after 40 games the deduction applies to next season.

But ultimately we've gone into administration and it isn't related to covid as we were bought by new owners less than a months ago

Only if the administrators manage to sell the club for that amount.

There is also the doubts around whether that loan has been formalised and monies transferred. Have IEC actually passed over any funds ?

Please note I am only speculating and have no more info than anyone else on here.

This, if they sanctioned us a shady loan like this, surely we will have have received the money? Oh wait we got nothing, fraud night and day. I hope the club and admins have contacted the police and Interpol, this is the worst football scandal in history, worse than what happened to Pompey and Bolton and Bury. This is putting a club that was financially stable into admin to force them payments to himself. Unless the decision for admin was down to the CEO then I hope they caught him out.

If someone says I will loan you 24 million and I expect monthly repayments with ridiculous interest is one thing that should be investigated, but to then not pay a single sum of the loan and doing a runner..

Hope the law catches up with him. The MSM and journalist need to stop using covid as the reason and they should do some freaking research like Quest did. This needs exposure and pressure on the EFL.

This is a unique administration

I don't think there's grounds for any appeal to a points deduction - the club was bought in late May/early June. For the owners or directors to try and claim administration has been brought on by Covid-19 is a load of bollox when the pandemic had been around for the best part of 5 months before the sale.
We seem to have been shafted by the new guy and also by Choi and the EFL either didn't do a fit and proper test or they did and it was bollocks but in themselves they aren't grounds to appeal

The only grounds I can see for appealing is if it can be argued that the EFL isn't applying its regs properly - for instance, if there is something in there that states after 40 games the deduction applies to next season.

But ultimately we've gone into administration and it isn't related to covid as we were bought by new owners less than a months ago
We are out of the boundaries of a normal season and if the season had finished when it should have done or declared null and void or finished on points per game like the EFL 1 and 2 this administration would be in close season. Under this alone any points deduction at all would be unfair.
To get the same punishment as Bolton for being swindled after everything they did and the debt and mayhem they caused would also be totally unfair.

This, if they sanctioned us a shady loan like this, surely we will have have received the money? Oh wait we got nothing, fraud night and day. I hope the club and admins have contacted the police and Interpol, this is the worst football scandal in history, worse than what happened to Pompey and Bolton and Bury. This is putting a club that was financially stable into admin to force them payments to himself. Unless the decision for admin was down to the CEO then I hope they caught him out.

If someone says I will loan you 24 million and I expect monthly repayments with ridiculous interest is one thing that should be investigated, but to then not pay a single sum of the loan and doing a runner..

Hope the law catches up with him. The MSM and journalist need to stop using covid as the reason and they should do some freaking research like Quest did. This needs exposure and pressure on the EFL.

This is a unique administration
It is very strange and stinks to high hell. If a buyer came in the creditors would only get a percentage of what they are owed. They could have waited three weeks and sold everything bit by bit and been far better off. Players, training ground, stadium etc.
Robinson alone could bring them more that what the crooks would get from the administrator.
Whelan could come in get the lot for 12 million then sell Robinson and own the lot costing him nowt and his empire would be back in the family.
So strange why these crooks have done this.

Bought by the same owners who were surely doing it to facilitate their needs. In principal there was not a change of ownership, merely a change in the standing of the company, ie. same owners but shift from public to private company.

The club has still been adversely affected by the Pandemic, something that they have no control over. The league was suspended by the EFL, not the club, which has substantially reduced their income and placed them in this position, again a position caused by something outside of their control. There also appears to be some evidence that false or spurious information has been provided by the owners to pass the fit and proper persons test asked for by the EFL. Once again something out of the control of the club.

Given all this I would say that there is adequate reason to appeal the decision to penalise the club. If the EFL wish to punish anyone then I would suggest they contact the world football authorities and have this bunch of crooks banned from ownership of any business connected to football in future, before they realise this is a good way to make money and try it again with some other club.