What’s going on? | Page 8 | Vital Football

What’s going on?

Not a cat in hells chance of any other clubs going into administration this late in the season as it damages their chances of resale. I still cant get my head around why we would do it. Surely the club could have found other funds in the form of a short term loan.
Knee jerk and more likely to be about politics and corruption in Hong Kong.

ress release by Caroline Molyneux (Chair WASC)
This afternoon representatives of Wigan Athletic Supporters Club met with administrators Paul Stanley and Gerald Krasner along with Jonathan Jackson (CE) and Darren Royle (Executive Chairman) from the Football Club.
We were shocked by the sad news this afternoon that our beloved club had entered administration and Football Club executives expressed to us that they were equally surprised and saddened this morning when they were told the news.
We were reassured that the Football Club are not in financial difficulty and that it is down to a decision by the current owners to place the Club in adminstration based on their right as the majority shareholder. Gerald Krasner advised Chairman of WASC Caroline Molyneux that this is not uncommon when the owner of a Football Club is detached from town and its history as is the case with the relatively new owners of Wigan Athletic. Gerald has been involved in the administration of numerous English football clubs across all divisions and has never failed yet in his attempts to find a suitable buyer.
In accordance with Football League requirements the supporters of Wigan Athletic have been offered the opportunity to bid for the Football Club whether that be an individual buyer who is a supporter of the club or a consortium of supporters. This has been done before by supporters organisations at other clubs however Wigan Athletic has substantial assets and would represent a very large investment both in the short and longer term.
WASC are hopeful that a buyer for Wigan Athletic can be found who will have the best interests of our club at heart and take the club forward with a clear interest in its future.
In the meantime we offer our full support to the staff and players at the club. The priority over the next few weeks must be to fulfill our remaining fixtures and aim to enure Championship survival. This is alongside the hope that a suitable buyer will come forward.
If you are in a position to support Wigan Athletic and would like to offer a bid to purchase the club then please get in touch and we will pass your details to the adminstrators.
Up the Tics

Caroline Molyneux Michael Wimsey
Chairman Vice Chairman
chairman@wiganathleticsupportersclub.co.uk

Absolutely gutted,devastated,sickened and angry with events today!I was on such a high this morning after the wonderful result and performance last night,then i literally couldn't believe it when I heard the cruel,horrible news this afternoon.I just hope our beloved,special club can somehow survive this!

I'm disgusted with the Chinese owners and the EFL for the way we have been treated!The whole thing stinks and it is an absolute disgrace!

Surely the pandemic,which was obviously out of our control has had an impact here,hitting us hard fanancially.Therefore as it is extreme circumstances surely we have a case in saying the points deduction shouldn't be implemented in this unprecedented situation.This points deduction could literally kill the club as obviously a Championship Club is a much more attractive propersition to potential buyers than League one and revenue is much much higher.

We have some very talented players at the club,who are worth a hell of a lot of money and I just can't understand why we couldn't just finish the season,stay up and sell a few of them for good money before the start of next season and go again.
As I say something isn't right here,but we are Wigan Athletic,we defy the odds and we keep fighting to the death! Therefore I haven't given up hope we can somehow be saved from this horrible,messy situation we now find ourselves in!

Just wanted to say to fellow Wigan Athletic supporters that we will come through this. Chin up and fingers crossed that something good comes of it.
Clubs have gone into administration, have reset and started again.
Luton Town and Burnley being the classic examples.

Our Captain Says it all.jpg

We appear to have been gifted the Chinese equivalent of Ken Anderson though .... I would like to know who facilitated that shining star, at some point in the future.

Really angry about this,Glad to see Lisa Nandy bringing the case to the government and hinting about Police and Interpol being involved in a criminal investigation!This is fraud,pure and simple!!
Like most on here ,i suspect this has left me with an awful taste in my mouth,really turned me off football under the current regime of the EFL,So bad i have no interest in who played tonight or who won,just seriously pissed off with the whole rotten to the core situation!!

Really angry about this,Glad to see Lisa Nandy bringing the case to the government and hinting about Police and Interpol being involved in a criminal investigation!This is fraud,pure and simple!!
Like most on here ,i suspect this has left me with an awful taste in my mouth,really turned me off football under the current regime of the EFL,So bad i have no interest in who played tonight or who won,just seriously pissed off with the whole rotten to the core situation!!
Little Wigan no one will help us. Never been to see us play are you realy surprised Some forecast this weeks ago. But main thing is we still have a team .i really fear for us in these times. Who will buy us

I will be interested to see if the Premier League Solidarity payments to the EFL
were paid out and spent already (at the club).
According to various sources they are normally paid out at the end of a season (to help with reduced income and upcoming transfers). This season the payments were reportedly paid out earlier in April.

Heartbroken by the news I fear for us I really do. I feel on whelan will save us but that depends on economics he will not make a loss.

With hong kongs new laws it seems to me that they want to take money out of the west and back into china. Whether they were willing or ordered to is an entirely new conspiracy. Im certain that when money shifted hands 4 weeks ago from iec to a new company that this was their get out escape planned to perfection. They will have been promising investment to cover the covid months to cover the shortfall which they have now evidently been lying about. Thats why they extended contracts and continued to play the game so to speak...so they will not want to let another few weeks pass as money is owed NOW and probably a decent amount. If they clear off now they can probably break even. Im concerned they might have found a crafty way to run up a bigger tab in our name, I wouldnt be surprised if its more debt than we realise. Horrid little crooks.
Efl you should hang your heads in shame you've let criminals disolve our club.

I dont understand where the fraud is?
What advantage has the new owner gained

Finding a buyer in these times will be very hard said a few few weeks ago a football club would fold. never thought it could be us
Timing is all wrong. 3weeks we would be a championship. Club for sale

I dont understand where the fraud is?
What advantage has the new owner gained
CoW, from what I've read, the money (certainly at the time of change of ownership) was all there..........it's just not been made available.

I suspect what Exiled was suggesting was that there's some other reason than financial precariousness that's put us in this position.

Admin?...... a month after change of ownership? . ......... it smells, doesn't it?

The more I read the more furious I am. If we had hopeless owners who got in above their head and slowly lost control it would be bad but at least it would feel like it was it was a genuine mistake that they didn't want to make. Incompetence is no excuse but it's easier to accept than what seems like a calculated decision to throw us to the wolves as part of some elaborate game they are playing.

This needs investigating as it looks like we've been quite literally mugged. The FA and EFL also need investigating for their part in allowing this to happen. We've literally changed ownership 3 times in just over a year between pretty much variations of the same person - how were alarm bells not ringing in these fit and proper person tests? The whole thing seems rotten to the core.

I think someone off the Internet has cracked it!!!!

Its not a new owner its the old owner setting up a new company and took out a 28m loan to buy the club from HIMSELF. Then puts us into administration and walks away with big interest payments attatched to the loan either at 8% if paid back in a year rising to 20 % if not within a year. Easy easy money. Efl pass it, bingo quids in. Old stanley the poker player has caught us right out.

Someone else states.......

Looking on companies House it looks like a new owner only took control of the club last week. It was only registered yesterday?!?!

I think someone off the Internet has cracked it!!!!

Its not a new owner its the old owner setting up a new company and took out a 28m loan to buy the club from HIMSELF. Then puts us into administration and walks away with big interest payments attatched to the loan either at 8% if paid back in a year rising to 20 % if not within a year. Easy easy money. Efl pass it, bingo quids in. Old stanley the poker player has caught us right out.

Someone else states.......

Looking on companies House it looks like a new owner only took control of tge club ladt week. It was only registered yesterday?!?!
Danny ...... we know all that. We knew it at the time. ..........unless you're taking the piss ........ in which case.....
:finger:

;)

The big problem now is finding a buyer. Who wants to buy a club with no income at all
Someone with deep pockets who is prepared to play the long game and recognised the strides we have made with our academy in recent years. But to stand any chance of attracting someone we need to stay up. Otherwise it will be along road back and it may mean things getting a lot worse than they are now.

The big problem now is finding a buyer. Who wants to buy a club with no income at all

I can't help thinking John you're being too pessimistic here.

Cracking recent form.
Comparatively low running costs
Some belting prospects
A Development Centre/Academy on the up
World reknown (through the FA Cup).

That's not a bad CV

Danny ...... we know all that. We knew it at the time. ..........unless you're taking the piss ........ in which case.....
:finger:

;)
Im sorry what?!? Your level of wit is too high for me so could you spell it out please? Im either being thick spouting public knowledge or missing the glaringly obvious which is it? Id put a laughing emoji but im not sure on that either right now.