Brexit Day! | Page 131 | Vital Football

Brexit Day!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I must admit I have always got on better with Germans than the French. I just seem to have more in common and tend to find the French wilfully arrogant and condescending.
There are those on here who will fit in well then...

Last edited:
Good, quick, decisive move. Absolutely nothing else he could do in a week where the Tories are cementing their reputation for sleaze and corruption via Jenrick.

It's a nice coincidence that it is the weakest and most toxic (reputationally) member of the cabinet. as well. No loss and significant credibility gained from the swift action on a day that Boris sweeps blatent cronyism under the carpet.

Starmer has bought himself a legitimate line of attack for the next four years.

Long-Bailey has issued a statement...

"Today I retweeted an interview that my constituent and stalwart Labour Party supporter Maxine Peake gave to the Independent. Its main thrust was anger with the Conservative Government’s handling of the current emergency and a call for Labour Party unity.

These are sentiments are shared by everyone in our movement and millions of people in our country. I learned that many people were concerned by references to international sharing of training and restraint techniques between police and security forces.

In no way was my retweet an intention to endorse every part of that article.

I wished to acknowledge these concerns and duly issued a clarification of my retweet, with the wording agreed in advance by the Labour Party Leader’s Office, but after posting I was subsequently instructed to take both this agreed clarification and my original retweet down.

I could not do this in good conscience without the issuing of a press statement of clarification. I had asked to discuss these matters with Keir before agreeing what further action to take, but sadly he had already made his decision...

...I am clear that I shall continue to support the Labour Party in Parliament under Keir Starmer’s leadership, to represent the people of Salford and Eccles and work towards a more equal, peaceful and sustainable world.”

Crikey.

Never had a jolly at the Ryder Cup?
Yes. Love it. As a youth at the Belfy in '85, I was standing under the trees by the 10th. Witnessed Seve drive the green with arguably the best shot I've ever seen.

Fast forward to 2011 I had a junket from work at the same course (Brabazon) and all the way up the front 9 I was telling myself to lay-up at the 10th. Standing there, on the tenth teebox, 7 iron in hand, the devil on my shoulder made me put it away, grabbed my driver and landed it straight in the water!

True dat.

Yes. Love it. As a youth at the Belfy in '85, I was standing under the trees by the 10th. Witnessed Seve drive the green with arguably the best shot I've ever seen.

Fast forward to 2011 I had a junket from work at the same course (Brabazon) and all the way up the front 9 I was telling myself to lay-up at the 10th. Standing there, on the tenth teebox, 7 iron in hand, the devil on my shoulder made me put it away, grabbed my driver and landed it straight in the water!

True dat.
Ive always respected the judgement you have demonstrated in your posts until now. You fucking idiot.

True dat.

The Brabazon is a massively over rated course; the PGA is much better, as is the Forest of Arden.

That 10th hole is a nice hole off of the Championship Tees, but its a bit Micky Mouse off of the Yellows; the carry is about 210 to 220 yards with a bunker right and a big bank behind the hole.

I would say she knew exactly what she was doing and fully expected the end result.
Not convinced about that, but if that were true I would like to congratulate her on showing exactly the level of interest and committment to her education brief as most Tory Education Secretaries.

She'll go to the back benches where she can maybe lend a brain cell to Richard Burgon

The Brabazon is a massively over rated course; the PGA is much better, as is the Forest of Arden.

That 10th hole is a nice hole off of the Championship Tees, but its a bit Micky Mouse off of the Yellows; the carry is about 210 to 220 yards with a bunker right and a big bank behind the hole.
Played it off yellows. If he had a decent card going its no, no, no. and no.

Not convinced about that, but if that were true I would like to congratulate her on showing exactly the level of interest and committment to her education brief as most Tory Education Secretaries.

She'll go to the back benches where she can maybe lend a brain cell to Richard Burgon
Another brain of Britain. Lawyer wasnt he? Definitely would not want him representing me. When ever he is interviewed you can almost see the script he has had to learn reflected in his eyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.