Brexit Day! | Page 130 | Vital Football

Brexit Day!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The UK has never really embraced being European though.
Because we are an island? Because over the centuries we have fought with just about everyone in Europe? Or is it just because it’s who we are?

Even when we were in the EU there was a them and us feel to our dealings.

Because we are an island? Because over the centuries we have fought with just about everyone in Europe? Or is it just because it’s who we are?

Even when we were in the EU there was a them and us feel to our dealings.

Massive cultural difference. This is why I love going to the French gaff. vive la différence.

Having a vanilla homogeneous blob of European-ness is not very appealing to me.

Massive cultural difference. This is why I love going to the French gaff. vive la différence.

I must admit I have always got on better with Germans than the French. I just seem to have more in common and tend to find the French wilfully arrogant and condescending.

I must admit I have always got on better with Germans than the French. I just seem to have more in common and tend to find the French wilfully arrogant and condescending.

I should have been in France last week for the celebration of a milestone birthday; but because of those damn, dirty Chinese* and their penchant for eating honey-glazed Pangolin**, I had to stay in Blighty.

*They aren't all dirty
**Yet to be proven.

Have you noticed a vanilla homogenisation of member state cultures that can be attributed to the EU?
Yes. All these la-de-da coffee houses patronised by people, usually with names like Tarquin and Tilly, who are not hard enough to drink builders tea.
That and a kumquat for sale in Alfreton. I’ve seen it all now.
Damn EU.

Calling them ‘member states’ too. Proper shite that.

Yes. All these la-de-da coffee houses patronised by people, usually with names like Tarquin and Tilly, who are not hard enough to drink builders tea.
That and a kumquat for sale in Alfreton. I’ve seen it all now.
Damn EU.

Calling them ‘member states’ too. Proper shite that.
No, then. :thumbup:

Went down to the river at Gunthorpe this morning. Immediately struck by a large littered area, cans,plastic bottles, fast food wrappers. Spoke to an angler obviously on an overnighter who told me from his spotless pitch that a group of young people had left it. Quite possible some of Popes can do no wrong worth 10 of any of my generation kids. Still If it kept them happy until the next save the planet demo i suppose no harm was done. Tossers.

I had a gaff in a small village just outside Dieppe. I agree entirely. Completely different culture. Quite delightful.

Another Jew hater outed from the Labour Party.

Its all a conspiracy df
Good, quick, decisive move. Absolutely nothing else he could do in a week where the Tories are cementing their reputation for sleaze and corruption via Jenrick.

It's a nice coincidence that it is the weakest and most toxic (reputationally) member of the cabinet. as well. No loss and significant credibility gained from the swift action on a day that Boris sweeps blatent cronyism under the carpet.

Starmer has bought himself a legitimate line of attack for the next four years.

Wrong. Maastrict treaty did the following...

-European citizenship was created, allowing citizens to reside in and move freely between Member States
-A common foreign and security policy was established
-Closer cooperation between police and the judiciary in criminal matters was agreed.

You should really know more about the union you champion.
All very excellent advantages. I'm glad we have them. Oh, hang on a minute...

Status
Not open for further replies.