Brexit Day! | Page 103 | Vital Football

Brexit Day!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do appreciate your views itto and regarding the virus the photos of beaches to which I refer I'm pretty sure refer to the time prior to 3 weeks ago. Southend comes to mind in particular. And I did see a photo of some sort of street do in Wollaton which didn't reflect well. There were others but they didn't impress either although they might have been a bit older too.
As for Brexit, this is just a view from afar. I don't know all the facts and figures so it's quite impossible for me to give an honest opinion. The one thing that stands out like a sore thumb is that you do have at the moment a rotten, and inadequate govt.
The point that I really wanted to get across was that the combination of Brexit and Covid together will present a fight and a half, but you'd know that already.
The rest of the world is also in trouble trying to rescue their economy so you're not the only one.

As ITTO has said many a time. It is the lack of an assertive response, mixed messages, lack of leadership etc at the onset from the the govt that contributed to some peoples slackness with respect to the Corona outbreak.

In Germany there were many occasions of people flouting the rules and having large gatherings in public parks. The difference was/is that the govt acted responsibly from the beginning, gave a strong consistent message about the virus which the majority took onboard and acted in an appropriate manner. Hence why the reported cases and deaths are much lower than the UK. I am sure had Bojo Cummings acted in a simialr vain the UK would be in a better position.

Last edited:
I don't pretend to know much about flying, but UK tourists spend circa £33 billion in the EU each year , far more than they spend here. Simple logic says that will carry on, or if not there will be a massive loss of income to Spain (in particular) and the other EU tourist destinations.

There you go with your simple logic- look where that has got us!

I do appreciate your views itto and regarding the virus the photos of beaches to which I refer I'm pretty sure refer to the time prior to 3 weeks ago. Southend comes to mind in particular. And I did see a photo of some sort of street do in Wollaton which didn't reflect well. There were others but they didn't impress either although they might have been a bit older too.
As for Brexit, this is just a view from afar. I don't know all the facts and figures so it's quite impossible for me to give an honest opinion. The one thing that stands out like a sore thumb is that you do have at the moment a rotten, and inadequate govt.
The point that I really wanted to get across was that the combination of Brexit and Covid together will present a fight and a half, but you'd know that already.
The rest of the world is also in trouble trying to rescue their economy so you're not the only one.

Were the only one trying to do it by tying one arm behind our back

Thing is ORF, this rotten, inadequate Government is made up entirely of the people who campaigned so vigorously for Leave. The current PM was the de facto leader of the Leave Campaign.

It’s one thing to be spouting lies when there is no accountability for your actions, now there is, and they do not have the first clue what to do next.

The response from Boris and Co to COVID19 started off by being patronising to the British people, when it was shown that Government actions where inadequate, the message slowly changed to defiance, it’s now contempt.
That’s how it will be when the EU trade deal negotiations ‘fail’ (not that we all perceive fail in the same way, after all Brexit got done, well done Boris!!)

The world economies are in a tail spin right now. Look at the unemployment figures in the US. We are bad here too, I hate to think what they will be here when the Government support systems end, that is really masking much of that at the moment.
COVID19 has drained the country’s coffers...we are skint, and have very little manoeuvring room to recover that situation.

For the foreseeable future the larger countries (US, China India) and trading blocks will be inward looking to protect themselves. Many have agreements with each other that will smooth the path, they all know the terms of trade and the limitations. They are big enough and powerful enough to be like that, work together with those they have, dictate to those they don’t.

Other than the Faroe Islands and Switzerland, we have nothing on the table.
I cannot think of a weaker negotiating position to be in. The U.K. is short of cash, and has no worthwhile trade deals, so if we do get to negotiate, they are likely to be the easiest trade deals in history....what we get offered will be on a take it or leave it basis. There will not be much negotiating.
Neither option is in the UK’s best interests.
You are sure the U.K. will be fine, I’m sure it will too, eventually, but not in my lifetime, and I intend to be around quite a few more years yet, I have goats and grandkids to look forward too, hopefully in that order.

It really didn’t need to be like this, some of us blame the EU for everything that is wrong in the U.K., well now we will see.

Which brings it back neatly to our rotten, inadequate Government.....

Thing is ORF, this rotten, inadequate Government is made up entirely of the people who campaigned so vigorously for Leave. The current PM was the de facto leader of the Leave Campaign.

It’s one thing to be spouting lies when there is no accountability for your actions, now there is, and they do not have the first clue what to do next.

The response from Boris and Co to COVID19 started off by being patronising to the British people, when it was shown that Government actions where inadequate, the message slowly changed to defiance, it’s now contempt.
That’s how it will be when the EU trade deal negotiations ‘fail’ (not that we all perceive fail in the same way, after all Brexit got done, well done Boris!!)

The world economies are in a tail spin right now. Look at the unemployment figures in the US. We are bad here too, I hate to think what they will be here when the Government support systems end, that is really masking much of that at the moment.
COVID19 has drained the country’s coffers...we are skint, and have very little manoeuvring room to recover that situation.

For the foreseeable future the larger countries (US, China India) and trading blocks will be inward looking to protect themselves. Many have agreements with each other that will smooth the path, they all know the terms of trade and the limitations. They are big enough and powerful enough to be like that, work together with those they have, dictate to those they don’t.

Other than the Faroe Islands and Switzerland, we have nothing on the table.
I cannot think of a weaker negotiating position to be in. The U.K. is short of cash, and has no worthwhile trade deals, so if we do get to negotiate, they are likely to be the easiest trade deals in history....what we get offered will be on a take it or leave it basis. There will not be much negotiating.
Neither option is in the UK’s best interests.
You are sure the U.K. will be fine, I’m sure it will too, eventually, but not in my lifetime, and I intend to be around quite a few more years yet, I have goats and grandkids to look forward too, hopefully in that order.

It really didn’t need to be like this, some of us blame the EU for everything that is wrong in the U.K., well now we will see.

Which brings it back neatly to our rotten, inadequate Government.....

I think the fact that that Scotch whiskey is the third or fourth most popular alcoholic beverage in the Faroe Islands ought to see us through any significant economic hardships.

The real threat of course will come in when their own whiskey hits the shelves.

http://www.faer.io/

I propose we send in the military to make sure this doesn't happen.

Some numpties still think BBC News and Current Affairs programmes are impartial and not right wing mouth pieces

They absolutely helped get Brexit done and helped The Tories and the Yellow and Red Tories win the last election

Here we have one of the highest paid journalists employed by our public broadcaster - the BBC - peddling far-right conspiracy theories on Twitter.

This is what comes of allowing BBC staff to hold duel roles (Neil is also the Chairman of the Spectator Group), pretending they’re can serve both their corporate investor’s will and the public’s best interests simultaneously.

Attachments

• Right wing Tory Boy BBC.jpg
    Right wing Tory Boy BBC.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 12
Some numpties still think BBC News and Current Affairs programmes are impartial and not right wing mouth pieces

They absolutely helped get Brexit done and helped The Tories and the Yellow and Red Tories win the last election

Here we have one of the highest paid journalists employed by our public broadcaster - the BBC - peddling far-right conspiracy theories on Twitter.

This is what comes of allowing BBC staff to hold duel roles (Neil is also the Chairman of the Spectator Group), pretending they’re can serve both their corporate investor’s will and the public’s best interests simultaneously.

The Spectator was anti-Brexit as far as I can remember.

I would say read some of the articles from the last 4 years like this one

https://www.spectator.co.uk/article...ibe-shows-some-remainers-have-learned-nothing

You have to remember they only have a readership of about 80,000 they are fundamentally aimed at the so called Right wing elite of this country and also have connections with Stephen Bannon and other populist ( fascist ) thinkers and movers

They also have Labour and Lib Dem people writing for them.

Shame it wasn't a tabloid - they missed a golden opportunity to call Lord Kerr, Juan.

Strange how lots of right wing commentators reckon BBC is biased against them. Wonder who is right...?

Which of those run flagship News and Current Affairs programmes at the BBC like Marr, Neil, Pedley who is the producer of Newsnight and shared right wing stuff on her account and had to remove her self from twitter and facebook because of the shit she was getting for sharing stuff from the EDL etc and has also been caught numerous times allowing plants to be put on the show? Never mind the fact that she allowed Farage to be on more times than anyone else and not by a small margin

But yeah you keep thinking it's impartial

Ha ha this aged well for about a week

I suspect he wont be mouthing off as much now

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1591178755940.jpg
    FB_IMG_1591178755940.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 11
I think the fact that that Scotch whiskey is the third or fourth most popular alcoholic beverage in the Faroe Islands ought to see us through any significant economic hardships.

The real threat of course will come in when their own whiskey hits the shelves.

http://www.faer.io/

I propose we send in the military to make sure this doesn't happen.

Lets hope the Scots don't get independence then else we are all stuffed.

Looks like last weeks proclamations of success may have been a little premature.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-52900528

I guess Mr Gupta doesn't understand that those Europeans have to buy from us. so its not a problem.

Very sad, but somewhat ironic for Sunderland and the surrounding area, including Barnard Castle if this does happen.
Lets hope that Boris and Co see some sense in the next 5 weeks.

Last edited:
Looks like last weeks proclamations of success may have been a little premature.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-52900528

I guess Mr Gupta doesn't understand that those Europeans have to buy from us. so its not a problem.

Very sad, but somewhat ironic for Sunderland and the surrounding area, including Barnard Castle if this does happen.
Lets hope that Boris and Co see some sense in the next 5 weeks.
I'm sure some are still very confident of a great deal (Toms!).
Are you forgetting that the EU always leave things until the last minute and sometimes beyond? They know we're serious now because Boris Cummings has played a blinder.

You are also forgetting the huge market opportunity for Nissan when they bring the entire manufacturing supply chain into the UK and sell exclusively into the British market. They might be the only player in town once we cannot afford to import any other manufacturer!

Status
Not open for further replies.