So, whadda we gonna moan abart? | Page 160 | Vital Football

So, whadda we gonna moan abart?

And why is that
I was completely with you re the Bournemouth beaches John, but surely you weren't serious about Trump.

Someone who paid off accusations of rape, supported white supremacists, someone who is completely self obsessed to the point of potentially causing thousands more deaths.

Given your Bournemouth comment, and seeing what's happening with the re-opening over in the States, on the beaches, in the cities, the belief that it's a "hoax" (as initially prompted by Trump) .......... I thought you were joking.

Surely you were.

Those complaints were all from "Outraged from Maidenhead", who'd finished mowing the lawn, and needed a subject for their weekly whinge. Read the statement properly. For the umpteenth time, the wording around "blind loyalty" should have been tweaked. Either that, or they should have explained that the intro contained editorial content.
View attachment 39774

There is plenty of precedent for SpAds resigning when they become "the story".
Scorched earth tactic? ......don't talk daft.

I've explained what words should have been added and to which part. Everything else was provable fact. Not alleged. The Police merely confirmed what any reasonable person knew to be the case (re the BC trip).

KDZ ..... read the other post, the tweet from David Allen Green. That'll put you straight re the legal stuff.

As for double standards ......... they need to be on a higher pedastal. If you can't see that then, well, I don't know what else to tell you. It's why there's no way Trump should still be in office given the stuff he tweets and retweets. When you're in charge, you just can't do that.
[/QUOTE]

My standards are equal regardless of which party broke lockdown. I didn't call for one side to be let off while the other punished. I don't condemn one leader when both have done the same. Your dislike for Boris and Cummings bleeds through in everything you say and I think it's blinding you to seeing the extent of the double standard you are holding. I know you feel your position is justified as we all do and we all have a degree of confirmation bias in views to be expected but on all things Boris you come accross as very partisan.

KDZ ........ if you can't see that Cummings is in a different position to Kinnock, Ali, Jenrick and the rest, then I really don't know what to tell you.

I said a few pages ago that it's the same in many other contexts - sports captains, managers at work, officers in the military.

Those in positions of leadership are (rightly or wrongly) held to the highest standards.

As an aside ....... as we're seeing, the man has zero integrity.

You mentioned "real world". What am I supposed to think you meant by if not ......the real world?

I didn't - and wouldn't - suggest that you intended to make light of any amount of deaths ............ but that's our current real world.

A couple of minutes ago, your comment here made me very angry, and I was really going to rip into you for being another to continually harp on about Brexit and bitter Remainers.

However, in those couple of minutes that it took me to type the reply above, I realise that would be pointless, and serve no purpose whatsoever.

Think what you like of me Jock, but right now, we have one of the worst records in the world in handling this virus, and as we move into this new phase whilst we've still had 50,000 people tested positive this week, I'm sorry, but being called petty names just doesn't have any effect.

Continually harp on about Brexit and bitter remainers...... think I might have mentioned that twice - hardly 'harping on' - unlike your good self constantly finding fault in almost everything the government do or say , mind you to temper this a little you give out a few crumbs of praise so you don't appear to be too bitter. Sorry if I've touched a nerve but at times I look at some of ur posts n think ' here we go again'...groundhog day!!!

Your friend KS says on News at Ten - ' if I was prime minister I'd have sacked Dominic Cummings' - so so easy to say that when your not ACTUALLY having to do it...oh is he planning to apply the same to members of his own party who have flouted the rules!!!!

Someone who paid off accusations of rape, supported white supremacists, someone who is completely self obsessed to the point of potentially causing thousands more deaths.
If you swap out the words "paid off" for "ignored", agree that the trough feeding EU seniors = white supremacists and the point scoring early lockdown release "help" placed thousands at risk you could be describing a bloke with a donkey closer to home 🤔

If you swap out the words "paid off" for "ignored", agree that the trough feeding EU seniors = white supremacists and the point scoring early lockdown release "help" placed thousands at risk you could be describing a bloke with a donkey closer to home 🤔
:fish::wagging:

Continually harp on about Brexit and bitter remainers...... think I might have mentioned that twice - hardly 'harping on'

Fair cop ........ yep ...... it's just that it's been MiW, then KDZ, now you (not sure if Hampton's had a pop too) ...... Sorry.

- unlike your good self constantly finding fault in almost everything the government do or say , mind you to temper this a little you give out a few crumbs of praise so you don't appear to be too bitter. Sorry if I've touched a nerve but at times I look at some of ur posts n think ' here we go again'...groundhog day!!!

I just state my opinion mate ....good or bad ...... and as I said at the very start of this thread, it's not as if there's any football to whinge about!. (y)

Your friend KS says on News at Ten - ' if I was prime minister I'd have sacked Dominic Cummings' - so so easy to say that when your not ACTUALLY having to do it...oh is he planning to apply the same to members of his own party who have flouted the rules!!!!

Of course it is .....but his MPs aren't the ones who attended the meetings and wrote the rules.

For what it's worth, I condemn them .....and Jenrick. Cummings though is different ......and as a SpAd, Johnson's insistence on backing him is a little worrying.

Here we go........ignore the point yet again. The statement didn't denounce anything, there was no mention of reprimand, and no-one got a bollocking. You read it in the Telegraph.

No more to be said.

No, You still don't get it. The police can't say that he "did" something wrong, As you yourself said, that's up to the courts. They said he might have, because that's as far as they can go. Ask any copper.

The fact that they would have taken action tells you (well, tells a reasonable person) all you need to know. They thought he did wrong.

But yet, you said that the PM didn't comment due to the "investigation. He didn't mention any investigation. Just because the Police checked a few details doesn't make it an investigation.

I ask you to appraise me of any facts I'm not accepting, and instead, I get zilch.

His wife thought she had Covid when he ran home, then she decided she didn't (so he could go back to work), then maybe she though she might have it ....or catch it ....... what a palaver. More flip flop than a Benidorm beach.

You're right .....the discussion is tedious. Feel free to stop with it. Let's face it, you've made your own version of events, and you're going to stick with it.

The statement was a public rebuke of the presenter because of her lack of impartiality. Dress it up how you like, cling onto what makes you happy, but the reality is she’s been reprimanded for her actions.

The police investigated the alleged misdoings, though I note you’re know claiming they didn’t. They ‘thought’ he did wrong doesn’t amount to guilt. Whilst I’m aware they cannot say did, as you’ve been told, your bias meant you initially claimed they did. I’m sure you’re distraught they’ll be no further action taken, but seriously dry your eyes.

You have been appraised of facts and inaccuracies but you won’t accept them. You still seem to think he left work because his wife had covid, despite being told several times this wasn’t the case. I know you desperately that to be the true, but tough.

I’m afraid you are coming across as obsessed, delusional and a tad unhinged. Seriously, for the good of your health, take a step back, reflect and let it all go before it gets too much.

Hee hee hee.

Reprimand my arse. .......and you know it.

Might, did, thought, ......all irrelevant.
- They would have told him to go home.
- If he hadn't accepted this direction, then enforcement action would have been taken. Simple.

It's such a shame that you seem to have changed your tune. Let me remind you of your thoughts before you became so entrenched in defending Cummings:

The castle thing is a separate issue, he shouldn’t have been 30 miles away from where he was isolating unless the law allowed it at that time to exercise or he had any other legit reason to be there.
and
Whether he should still have been isolating is irrelevant - even if he didn’t need to, the law would still prohibit that 30 mile visit without lawful excuse.
and then ....
Harsh to say, but he IF he did travel for that reason then clearly that would have been in contravention of the law.

It seems you were in agreement with the Police after all.

;)

Fair cop ........ yep ...... it's just that it's been MiW, then KDZ, now you (not sure if Hampton's had a pop too) ...... Sorry.

I just state my opinion mate ....good or bad ...... and as I said at the very start of this thread, it's not as if there's any football to whinge about!. (y)

Of course it is .....but his MPs aren't the ones who attended the meetings and wrote the rules.

For what it's worth, I condemn them .....and Jenrick. Cummings though is different ......and as a SpAd, Johnson's insistence on backing him is a little worrying.
No pop on this occasion mate and as you know been with you on Cummings since it kicked off. KDZ is right though and the hysteria directed at Cummings should also have been directed at other transgressors irrespective of political party.
I think that's the main reason for the pelters in your direction today.
Maybe, just maybe on this you have jumped off the fence on the wrong side ? 🤔

See Emily had another (ahemm....!) night off rota this evening 😉
Her replacement did a reasonable impression of Professor Trelawney fm Harry Potter tbh - the editorial content was bland - maybe the BBC have turned a corner (won't hold my breath though !) 🤣

No pop on this occasion mate and as you know been with you on Cummings since it kicked off. KDZ is right though and the hysteria directed at Cummings should also have been directed at other transgressors irrespective of political party.
I think that's the main reason for the pelters in your direction today.
Maybe, just maybe on this you have jumped off the fence on the wrong side ? 🤔
I see the point, I do, but as I argued with you the other night, Kinnock, Ali, Jenrick etc aren't "in charge". Also, with Kinnock, he was "delivering supplies" to his parents, who who both (because of their age) not allowed to go out to do their own shopping .......... Cummings had childcare issues, the Kinnocks had shopping issues. ;)

I still think it comes down to leadership ......... wouldn't it be lovely to see some.
:whist:

Hee hee hee.

Reprimand my arse. .......and you know it.

Might, did, thought, ......all irrelevant.
- They would have told him to go home.
- If he hadn't accepted this direction, then enforcement action would have been taken. Simple.

It's such a shame that you seem to have changed your tune. Let me remind you of your thoughts before you became so entrenched in defending Cummings:

The castle thing is a separate issue, he shouldn’t have been 30 miles away from where he was isolating unless the law allowed it at that time to exercise or he had any other legit reason to be there.
and
Whether he should still have been isolating is irrelevant - even if he didn’t need to, the law would still prohibit that 30 mile visit without lawful excuse.
and then ....
Harsh to say, but he IF he did travel for that reason then clearly that would have been in contravention of the law.

It seems you were in agreement with the Police after all.

;)

Maitlis has been reprimanded, end of.

I’ve said numerous times I didn’t think that trip was reasonable, in fact I’ve never said it was even though I understand his reasoning. However it’s an opinion, that is it. We’ll never know as it won’t be tested in a court of law. Unlike you I haven’t joined in the collective bed wetting over what Durham Police describe in their view as something minor and are able to see the bigger picture and not let eat me up. As I suggested, you should try and do the same.

I see the point, I do, but as I argued with you the other night, Kinnock, Ali, Jenrick etc aren't "in charge". Also, with Kinnock, he was "delivering supplies" to his parents, who who both (because of their age) not allowed to go out to do their own shopping .......... Cummings had childcare issues, the Kinnocks had shopping issues. ;)

I still think it comes down to leadership ......... wouldn't it be lovely to see some.
I will consider the olive branch and the attempt to reverse the descent into trench warfare between on the one hand yourself and on the other hand pretty much everyone else a failure then ?
We all have our own "stubborn" points of view - myself included 😉 but on the whole I believe most on here are decent folk - would hate us to fall out properly 😥......!

If we use your logic then Moonay..would it be the same for example if say Boris's child commits a crime, would his child get a bigger punishment than say Keir's child who has committed similar crime.....asking for a friend like??

Her replacement did a reasonable impression of Professor Trelawney fm Harry Potter -
I've only just realised (watching the CV podcast), you mean Emma Barnett. :LOL:.

An attractive and intelligent lady ......as was Prof Trelawney (well, at least Emma Thompson was).

Maitlis has been reprimanded, end of.

I’ve said numerous times I didn’t think that trip was reasonable, in fact I’ve never said it was even though I understand his reasoning. However it’s an opinion, that is it. We’ll never know as it won’t be tested in a court of law. Unlike you I haven’t joined in the collective bed wetting over what Durham Police describe in their view as something minor and are able to see the bigger picture and not let eat me up. As I suggested, you should try and do the same.

Of course she hasn't ......... she was reminded of the guidelines. It was a powder puff apology from the BBC.

The only thing that's "ate me up" MiW was your unwillingness to admit what was patently clear ....... in fact, you're still not admitting it now.

The Durham Police would have taken action. Full stop.

I've only just realised (watching the CV podcast), you mean Emma Barnett. :LOL:.

An attractive and intelligent lady ......as was Prof Trelawney (well, at least Emma Thompson was).
Not biting - much, but don't get me started on Thompson - awful woman - shouldn't have started this 🙄

As much as I detest cricket this DC saga on this post has made me think that Moonay is like the 'Tail Ender'...or even apparently known as 'Last man Jack'...batting everything & everyone away, nose to the grind stone and seeing nothing but the red cork coming towards him regardless of the 'sledging' from other posters....but joking aside let go of the bone ffs Mr Moonay....."howzattttt"