So, whadda we gonna moan abart? | Page 162 | Vital Football

So, whadda we gonna moan abart?

Me and a mate once batted the last twenty overs of a game (at Southport Trinity), 9 wickets down, to get a draw. I think we scored 3 runs in those 20 overs. Absolutely brilliant it was. Bat, pad and bollocks! The banter was top class. I've never been abused so much in such a short time in my life ........ even on here!

Had a pint with their lads afterwards ........... no ill feelings ........until we left obviously, when they probably called us not fit to burn. :LOL:

Your contribution to that game sounds as boring as your ( recent ) input on here.

Come on lads - (it's my last try)
Moonay / MiW - agree to disagree - share clinky glass imogees and move on FFS

Firstly, an apology ........even if you think yourself to be a "rounded person, one should never describe oneself as a "rounded person". 👀

As for clinky glasses, I'd done just that a couple of posts earlier. Always happy to do so.

As I always say .......post not poster. I may occasionally stray from this, but hopefully not often and hopefully never offensively.

So it's a :cheers: from me.

Last edited:
He cant see it mate...never known him as tetchy. He's under pressure and it certainly isn't good for you.

Step away from social media before it eats you alive.
If tetchiness showed in any posts last night, I'm not sure why. Frustration at having to counter the same points over and over again.

Under pressure? Nah. Hope you get your money back though for that home Psychology course........turns out it wasn't great. 😉

Great morning. Blue sky. Peace and love to all. :love1::cheers:

You keep going Moonay, I agree with most of what you say....for what it's worth (the missus reckons it's worth nowt btw)

We are into a new age of politics with Trump, Johnson and co. Unprecedented times are upon us where usually career ending misdemeanours/ just go away as if by magic. Say it isn't true or hang on long enough for it to blow over and everything will be okay. Throw in a smattering of other "news" (totally inappropriate at times) and it's gone faster than Barry Scott can shift the limescale in his bathroom.

If someone took time to look at the whole of Johnson's career and wrote it down in black and white on paper faux pas by faux pas, misdemeanour by misdemeanour.....and worse....they'd be in no doubt why we are where we are now, in a mess.

I have no political affiliation but seeing what is happening to this country both in terms of covid and also the wave of populism sweeping over us, I long for (almost) anyone other than the Tories in charge. Anyone sensible would do.

I do have a sneaking suspicion you have an ulterior motive for all this posting Moonay, I may be wrong.

It's good that the board is busy enough to look like it will survive the covid crisis though😀.

Oh, and Mr Cummings should have gone, along with anyone else in the govt breaking the lockdown.

Cheers Vicious. 👍

No ulterior motive, honestly .........just happy to have the conversation on here that might otherwise have taken place in the pub, cricket field, or wherever.

KDZ, I fully agree. No personal stuff at all really. ........I can happily shrug off the "bitter remoaner" stuff. ;)

I didn't watch QT last night, but I believe Helen Whatley got herself in a tizz, trying to convince us we should all isolate if we're "traced", .........no option for "unless etc etc ........". All to protect one man.

Any road. Lawns mowed and edged. Next doors hedge cut. Shopping for mum later. Youngest lad back at work. Might take it easy for the rest of the day. :cheers:

Moonay, I fear you’ve been infected by the twitter disease that’s affects people’s objectivity and inhibits rational thought. However I’m still hoping you’ll take time to reflect and regain a sense of perspective and proportionality. Anyroad no hard feelings.:cheers:
No hard feelings whatsoever .....but I don't get the "Twitter disease" ......or the other stuff. (Inhibits rational thought?!......examples?)

I don't think either my perspective or proportion needs any kind of recalibration though ....... But I'm thankful for the concern. (y)
:cheers:

No hard feelings whatsoever .....but I don't get the "Twitter disease" ......or the other stuff. (Inhibits rational thought?!......examples?)

I don't think either my perspective or proportion needs any kind of recalibration though ....... But I'm thankful for the concern. (y)

As an outsider who can judge your state of perspective and proportionality from your postings over a number of years, then I honestly think it does require recalibration. I say that with the greatest respect and without malice.

As an outsider who can judge your state of perspective and proportionality from your postings over a number of years, then I honestly think it does require recalibration. I say that with the greatest respect and without malice.
I respect and thank you for that MiW, but I still think I'm fine.

However, having to, at the same time, discuss with you :
- whether or not Cummings' father should count as family, whilst at the same time,
- debate whether or not his father's house can justifiably be classed as "home" for Cummings,

.......well, you can see the illogical situation for yourself.

Any road, the other thing I've been focusing on these last few weeks has been on improving my piano skills. I cracked Piano Man the other day, and am working through the intro to Jungleland........bugger the whole 9 minutes! Roy Bittan was one hell of a player, but I'm getting there, slowly.

I respect and thank you for that MiW, but I still think I'm fine.

However, having to, at the same time, discuss with you :
- whether or not Cummings' father should count as family, whilst at the same time,
- debate whether or not his father's house can justifiably be classed as "home" for Cummings,

.......well, you can see the illogical situation for yourself.

Any road, the other thing I've been focusing on these last few weeks has been on improving my piano skills. I cracked Piano Man the other day, and am working through the intro to Jungleland........bugger the whole 9 minutes! Roy Bittan was one hell of a player, but I'm getting there, slowly.

As I told you, it’s all about context. 👍

Cheers Vicious. 👍

No ulterior motive, honestly .........just happy to have the conversation on here that might otherwise have taken place in the pub, cricket field, or wherever.

KDZ, I fully agree. No personal stuff at all really. ........I can happily shrug off the "bitter remoaner" stuff. ;)

I didn't watch QT last night, but I believe Helen Whatley got herself in a tizz, trying to convince us we should all isolate if we're "traced", .........no option for "unless etc etc ........". All to protect one man.

Any road. Lawns mowed and edged. Next doors hedge cut. Shopping for mum later. Youngest lad back at work. Might take it easy for the rest of the day. :cheers:

Re the watching of QT, haven't bothered myself either as I think it'll be akin to watching footy behind closed doors...lacking in sumat with no audience participation imo...🍻

You keep going Moonay, I agree with most of what you say....for what it's worth (the missus reckons it's worth nowt btw)

We are into a new age of politics with Trump, Johnson and co. Unprecedented times are upon us where usually career ending misdemeanours/ just go away as if by magic. Say it isn't true or hang on long enough for it to blow over and everything will be okay. Throw in a smattering of other "news" (totally inappropriate at times) and it's gone faster than Barry Scott can shift the limescale in his bathroom.

If someone took time to look at the whole of Johnson's career and wrote it down in black and white on paper faux pas by faux pas, misdemeanour by misdemeanour.....and worse....they'd be in no doubt why we are where we are now, in a mess.

I have no political affiliation but seeing what is happening to this country both in terms of covid and also the wave of populism sweeping over us, I long for (almost) anyone other than the Tories in charge. Anyone sensible would do.

I do have a sneaking suspicion you have an ulterior motive for all this posting Moonay, I may be wrong.

It's good that the board is busy enough to look like it will survive the covid crisis though😀.

Oh, and Mr Cummings should have gone, along with anyone else in the govt breaking the lockdown.
Maybe he should but literally millions of others have broken the rules for one reason or another. Some blatantly and some not so blatantly.
Funniest and possibly the most ironical thing this week as been Alaister Campbell taking the moral high ground.
Still not heard any answers or contributions from the Lawman but he has to be careful before he starts getting pressed for answers to a few things.
Politicians, bloody slime balls the lot of them.

Maybe he should but literally millions of others have broken the rules for one reason or another. Some blatantly and some not so blatantly.
Funniest and possibly the most ironical thing this week as been Alaister Campbell taking the moral high ground.
Still not heard any answers or contributions from the Lawman but he has to be careful before he starts getting pressed for answers to a few things.
Politicians, bloody slime balls the lot of them.
Campbell resigned. :rolleyes:

Must say after watching todays briefing it beggars belief that the government have not used Sunak more in this sphere! Knows his onions,no stuttering and allows follow up answers!He puts Johnson & Co totally in the shade! Still wouldnt vote for the tories but he certainly is the best of a very poor bunch!!

Just let them get on with the job Who the F....k. Would want Boris Johnsons job I’m sure. Sir labour man wouldn’t want it under these conditions Trying to get things moving some are not happy. Lock down some not happy. Can’t win. Was talking to a Teacher. Today. And was told. May open may not. One idea. One idea extending the school leaving age to 17. Sounded good to me.