Football League likely to resume behind closed doors | Page 34 | Vital Football

Football League likely to resume behind closed doors

Deeney is reading that the BAME community are at increased risk. It is not the BAME community that the issue lies. It is type two diabetes that the BAME community is over represented that is the problem. A correlation with vitamin D is also suggested. As long as Deeney and family do not have additional health complications he is at very low risk. Footballers, in being tested multiple times and facilities cleaned numerous times places him in the low, low risk. He is at more risk of being killed by a burglar.
I'm sure I read today that type 1 diabetes is the greater risk with COVID

Much as they should I don’t see how the EFL can deduct points from Wednesday or Direby. When they did it , it wasn’t illegal.

What they did is morally wrong but you can’t punish someone for something that wasn’t against the rules at the time.

Much as they should I don’t see how the EFL can deduct points from Wednesday or Direby. When they did it , it wasn’t illegal.

What they did is morally wrong but you can’t punish someone for something that wasn’t against the rules at the time.
It was though.

Wednesday's ground sale was included in the wrong accounts. That means they can hit Wednesday with a huge deduction for massively going over in a 3 year period.

Derby's main issue is surely not the ground sale, but the fantasy accounting they used to meet FFP, in which they counted their own perception of potential sale value as an asset against their losses.

It was though.

Wednesday's ground sale was included in the wrong accounts. That means they can hit Wednesday with a huge deduction for massively going over in a 3 year period.

Derby's main issue is surely not the ground sale, but the fantasy accounting they used to meet FFP, in which they counted their own perception of potential sale value as an asset against their losses.

yeah but Direby have been doing shit like that for years they have all the morality of that guy who pleaded not guilty to murder as his defence was he found the dead woman & was only having sex with her dead body.

It was though.

Sheff Weds moved their accounting year end & even then, the transaction didn't fall within the set of accounts that would have seen them breach the 3 year rolling FFP permitted loss.

It is the sale price that is being questioned for both - bear in mind, Derby used the ground sale before, shortly after Mel took control.

From the Beeb:

Some Championship players will have to conduct coronavirus tests themselves at home or the training ground after the first batch of testing at clubs.

The EFL distributed their initial protocols last week with a club specific 26-page document, obtained by BBC Sport, revealing that after the initial assessment at training grounds on Thursday and Friday, the tests should be "self-administered" on the morning of training twice a week.

The EFL has confirmed that 51% of clubs in either the Championship, League One or League Two need to agree for a campaign to be curtailed.

If a season is ended, the final table will be decided by an unweighted points-per-game system.

Anyone with a threat of relegation, but not in bottom 3 will vote to end the season, anyone with no chance of playoffs - will vote to end.

Leeds & WBA - would be promoted & thus, vote to end - so, you need 13 clubs in Championship, which I think will happen - given that you could probably put more than that in those categories now.

If season is ended the teams can then claim upon their business interruption insurance and plan for next season, no need for short contract extensions for players they don't want (loanees & players out of contract) - hence, saves money - mitigates risk!

Personally, I wouldn't be unhappy with this - we're in playoffs, so you get 3-4 weeks of training - then, potentially 3 games (assuming semi's played over home/away legs).

Relegation play's too, to decide 3rd relegated club?

TV sponsorship/demand would be vast for such fixtures!

I'm sure I read today that type 1 diabetes is the greater risk with COVID

Depends how you want to read data. More at risk of dying if type 1 compared to type 2 but 9 out of 10 diabetics are type 2. close link to obesity and therefore numerically more are dying with type 2, as one would expect. 75% of deaths have diabetic component. If over 80 double whammy.

Sugar in blood equals sticky blood and virus, equals blood clots in lungs. Nasty.

Personally, I wouldn't be unhappy with this - we're in playoffs, so you get 3-4 weeks of training - then, potentially 3 games (assuming semi's played over home/away legs).

Relegation play's too, to decide 3rd relegated club?

TV sponsorship/demand would be vast for such fixtures!

If no crowd, home or away advantage lost, therefore one game, winner takes all. TV may not be happy. 3rd club relegated? Let’s all agree it’s Derby.

So, promotion and relegation is a certainty (not necessarily for the SBC though; PL have to agree to that).

If they can't finish the season, they'll still do the playoffs.

Best scenario for us then is they can't finish the season, in which we are suddenly 2 games from the PL.

What's the betting that our first trip to Wembley in my time as a fan is the one where we can't go?

The EFL has confirmed that 51% of clubs in either the Championship, League One or League Two need to agree for a campaign to be curtailed.

If a season is ended, the final table will be decided by an unweighted points-per-game system.

Anyone with a threat of relegation, but not in bottom 3 will vote to end the season, anyone with no chance of playoffs - will vote to end.

Leeds & WBA - would be promoted & thus, vote to end - so, you need 13 clubs in Championship, which I think will happen - given that you could probably put more than that in those categories now.

If season is ended the teams can then claim upon their business interruption insurance and plan for next season, no need for short contract extensions for players they don't want (loanees & players out of contract) - hence, saves money - mitigates risk!

Probably the right thing to do but fucking gutted. Do think the play offs should be played as it is just 5 games in total but then i would say that.