Coronavirus | Page 231 | Vital Football

Coronavirus

At least the US are taking first place in the incompetence stakes.

I read on trusty social media that someone who’s auntie died, was credited to dieing from Corona on her death certificate as she was suspected of having it but it wasn’t actually tested. I don’t know how true this is, but contrast that to Russia where it was claimed in the early days (stress claimed) that if a patient had an underlying condition the death was attributed to that.

We aren’t even competent at making the numbers look slightly better.

Well from yesterday to this morning. Just a part of the simplest part of boris's speech.
He very clearly said yesterday to go back to work today if you can. That was very very clear. Now Raab has said, no, he meant wednesday.
Erm.no. wednesday was not mentioned in any kind of way yesterday.
And that is just the simple part of his message.
You couldnt make it up could you. Absolutely pathetic.

I can't imagine many people in China are looking at the situation in the UK or US and thinking that democracy is the way forward.
Or they might be looking at the fact that you will disappear for comparing Xi to Whinny the Poo or the fact that they're trying to throw all the Muslims into re-education camps and think, perhaps democracy isn't such a bad idea?

Dominic Raab has said on the BBC you can go and see your folks, with a 2m distance.

Clear as mud this.

It’s things like this which add weight to the theory that cabinet weren’t consulted yesterday, and Bojos lack of leadership is coming through. They’re all over the shop. I’ve never seen anything like it.

I think I've got it now... Stay alert. If not staying home. Stay home if not being alert. Go to work. If not working at home. Work from home if possible. If not working from home don't use public transport to get to work. Even though public transport is available. At work do work. Safely. In a socially distanced manner. Where possible. If not possible do some other thing. Don't work at work if work is closed which lots of work is because work isn't reopening if work is one of the places of work we were told to close. After work play sport and sunbathe but only with people you live with not people you work with. Unless you live with someone you work with. Or work with someone you live with. Stay alert for the alert system which will wave about madly on a dial between green and red where red means everyone is dead. If you are sufficiently alert you might be allowed to be less alert after the 1st of June. But likely everyone will go mad on Wednesday and the needle will lurch to orange so being alert will revert to stay home and it's back to March 23rd. So, stay home. No, hang on, stay alert. Not home. But you should stay home. Unless you're at work.

I think I've got it now... Stay alert. If not staying home. Stay home if not being alert. Go to work. If not working at home. Work from home if possible. If not working from home don't use public transport to get to work. Even though public transport is available. At work do work. Safely. In a socially distanced manner. Where possible. If not possible do some other thing. Don't work at work if work is closed which lots of work is because work isn't reopening if work is one of the places of work we were told to close. After work play sport and sunbathe but only with people you live with not people you work with. Unless you live with someone you work with. Or work with someone you live with. Stay alert for the alert system which will wave about madly on a dial between green and red where red means everyone is dead. If you are sufficiently alert you might be allowed to be less alert after the 1st of June. But likely everyone will go mad on Wednesday and the needle will lurch to orange so being alert will revert to stay home and it's back to March 23rd. So, stay home. No, hang on, stay alert. Not home. But you should stay home. Unless you're at work.
:clap::clap:

Apparently Boris is only talking to people of England according to wee Jimmy Krankie , it's a total shambles

I don’t agree with her political views necessarily, but she’s very good at what she does. There’s no black and white with what she says, I couldn’t disagree with anything she said.

Even when Piers Morgan was ranting why she couldn’t tell everyone what to do in the U.K., she calmly brings it back to the point that she is only on charge of Scotland.

I don’t agree with her political views necessarily, but she’s very good at what she does. There’s no black and white with what she says, I couldn’t disagree with anything she said.

Even when Piers Morgan was ranting why she couldn’t tell everyone what to do in the U.K., she calmly brings it back to the point that she is only on charge of Scotland.

The daft part about it all Scotland or at least large parts of it is empty. She is definitely a leader unlike Boris who couldn't lead a thirsty dog to water

Her leadership skills are undeniable, like chalk and cheese when comparing her to our lot.

Raab said that we can drive where we want to go and exercise but as different rules are in place for Scotland and Wales we need to be aware of that.
They have actually made borders within the UK here.

Please don't ever try and sell the we are one United Kingdom being great together to me again. What a disgrace that these leaders cannot work together on the greatest threat to life since WW2.

The daft part about it all Scotland or at least large parts of it is empty. She is definitely a leader unlike Boris who couldn't lead a thirsty dog to water

I hate to say it as a proud man sick of all this positive discrimination crap at the moment as I’m the generation about to suffer from giving women better jobs to tick equality boxes competence or not, the female leaders are better than the blokes at handling this.

As boring as Raab is I think his personality is more suited to this. Even bloody the legacy disaster that was Theresa May I think may have handled this better in the immediate actions, although her legacy is a major part of where we are.

I genuinely believe when they were briefing originally, they didn't even twig they'd set this 'announcement' ahead of VE day and the damage it would cause - hence the shoddy but quick shift to Sunday, as opposed to Thursday (without explanation). Problem is, by then the damage had already been done.

And now they've doubled it with the whole 'return to work on Monday prior to us actually giving any real guidance'.

That is the bit you'd laugh at if someone wrote it in a script - assuming an Editor thought it wasn't that dumb that it would ruin the believability of the programme.

On reflection I think "The Thick of it" wasn't satire , it was a factual documentary.

Raab said that we can drive where we want to go and exercise but as different rules are in place for Scotland and Wales we need to be aware of that.
They have actually made borders within the UK here.

Please don't ever try and sell the we are one United Kingdom being great together to me again. What a disgrace that these leaders cannot work together on the greatest threat to life since WW2.

I posted yesterday, I don’t understand why the biggest risk on a risk register allows for devolved governments to make their own decisions. What happens if we’re attacked? Scotland would get attacked first by the Ruskies. Do England vote to not defend Scotland? I’ll take that if it gets rid of a couple of million Glaswegians.

There are unprecedented times when a devolved government is not the right approach as it’s confusing.

That said, the devolved government’s are making much better decisions and communications than ours, I’d rather the little ginger Scot telling me what to do that the fat white haired idiot from Eton.

Last edited: