Coronavirus | Page 230 | Vital Football

Coronavirus

The only thing I gleaned from the latest Carry On episode is that we have a 2nd wave incoming. Absolutely unbelievable incompetence.
In fairness Sil, you could put God or Mickey Mouse in Bojo's position and it wouldn't stop multiple waves, let alone a second.

It's the one thing he can't be blamed for. He can be criticised for the bollocky way we're getting to it, but it would've still happened anyway. Nothing he said/did would prevent it ultimately.

Last edited:
In fairness Sil, you could put God or Mickey Mouse in Bojo's position and it would stop multiple waves, let alone a second.

It's the one thing he can't be blamed for. He can be criticised for the bollocky way we're getting to it, but it would've still happened anyway. Nothing he said/did would prevent it ultimately.
Let's keep Paul McGrath out of this Mike.
Do you not think this latest message is now not going to cause more damage than there would be anyway? I certainly do . It's a shambles of a message . Literally millions told to go to work in a few hours with absolutely no clear plan.
We will see a spike in redundancy now (inevitable) then a spike in new infections

I love the way we all know I mean Paul McGrath when I capitalise God! lol

I completely agree mate, and that's the bit he can wholeheartedly be criticised for (along with anyone else alongside him making decisions) BUT a second wave is inevitable, so he can't be blamed for that per se - in terms of causing/creating it.

That's the distinction I make.

PPE is still a joke, albeit we have good capacity in the NHS, my concern is this last week (the briefing of restrictions being lifted allied to bullshit journalism, then VE day, then this change of message when nothing has in fact changed) we'll see an inevitable second spike that is bigger than it needed to be - if that makes sense.

We're still going to have a third, fourth etc - the key is how they are managed for me.

Boris cannot be blamed for the fact we'll have multiple waves - he should absolutely be hammered for how we approach and manage each wave though.

Well whoever leaked to the press that Boris was going to reduce restrictions, knowing that bank holiday and VE day was to come. VE day was an absolute shambles. People gathering and celebrating like social distancing was a long distance memory. In fact VE day was like a celebration that social distancing has been banished. Shocking behaviour from alot of people and a shocking way to manage the issue.

I genuinely believe when they were briefing originally, they didn't even twig they'd set this 'announcement' ahead of VE day and the damage it would cause - hence the shoddy but quick shift to Sunday, as opposed to Thursday (without explanation). Problem is, by then the damage had already been done.

And now they've doubled it with the whole 'return to work on Monday prior to us actually giving any real guidance'.

That is the bit you'd laugh at if someone wrote it in a script - assuming an Editor thought it wasn't that dumb that it would ruin the believability of the programme.

Increase the fines to £1000 and you will see a difference.
I don't know by how much, but there will be an increase in fines as well. At least that's something.

Be nice if they applied that to the rest of the justice system though instead of £15 victim surcharge bollocks and the rest of it.

My concern is - as somebody who largely trusts Police/CPS/Judges etc - even I know there are significant arseholes out there and I worry Johnny regularly on the piss gets a slapped wrist, whilst poor grandma who's stubborn because she hasn't been out for all these weeks, gets hammered with the full fine.

I don't know by how much, but there will be an increase in fines as well. At least that's something.

Be nice if they applied that to the rest of the justice system though instead of £15 victim surcharge bollocks and the rest of it.

My concern is - as somebody who largely trusts Police/CPS/Judges etc - even I know there are significant arseholes out there and I worry Johnny regularly on the piss gets a slapped wrist, whilst poor grandma who's stubborn because she hasn't been out for all these weeks, gets hammered with the full fine.

Common sense would be the key to it being successful.

And yet school holidays are 20th June I think (quick google) so why re-open just to close again? The kids have had to adapt, then you'll send them back, worry and/or horrify them trying to make them keep a social distance, and then they are on holiday and have to adapt yet again.

There's the May half-term holiday coming up in the last week of May JF, after that the final bit of the school year is 1st June - 20th July.

And also not being cruel against teachers here, but I imagine the vast majority haven't done a lot for the last few weeks, why haven't lesson plans been made for a return already? I know those still attending for kids of key workers etc, but for the staff not needed or who have rotated on only done a day or two, surely this could've been pre-planned.....as well as spending time contacting kiddies working on line?

To be fair Mike teachers have been spending time online tutoring kids and marking their work. They've also been creating lesson and week plans as the kids have been learning at home and following as close to a normal timetable as possible.

They've got no chance of getting 4 and 5 year olds to social distance though!

To be fair Mike teachers have been spending time online tutoring kids and marking their work. They've also been creating lesson and week plans as the kids have been learning at home and following as close to a normal timetable as possible.

Yes, I did try to not broad stroke so to speak, but there are those making the effort to do their jobs, and there are those taking the extra holiday - it's the latter camp who could've been better put to use - or should I say, should've been better put to use.

So this is what I have gleaned from tonight besides Boris trying to appease everyone and trying to fix something that didnt need fixing

Boris has managed to confuse an issue that wasn't confused

This is it in simple terms

1/ You must still stay at home as much as possible
2/ You can go out more than once a day
3/ You can go to the park and for picnics
4/ You can meet someone outside socially distancing
5/ You can't mix households still or visit houses
6/ Construction industry and manufacturing to return to work
7/ Year 1 schools may return from June onwards
8/ Shops closed will be phased opening from June. Hospitality and bars to be phased open from July
9/ Anyone entering the U.K will have to self isolate for 2 weeks from the end of May
10/ Don't use public transport. You can use your car but its preferable you cycle or walk

Oh and there will be heavier fines for those breaking the rules, which thinking about it is maybe why he decided fo confuse the issue so he could raise more stealth tax 🤔

Other countries have tried self-isolating people for 14 days and it didn't work. They had to set up quarantine centres.

So basically I can go and see my Daughter in a park with what could be potentially 60m other people but if I went to her house which is pretty isolated and stood 2 metres from her front door I'll be fined.

I could in fact accidentally on purpose meet in a supermarket queue and not be fined but if I went to her house and stayed in the garden which is as big as half the Villa Park pitch I'd be fined.

I've been brilliant and done none of these things whilst watching single footballers with there own gyms and massive gardens, getting "bored" and doing what they want.

Well done Boris you've created a free for all except for me and many others that are obeying the rules

3/ You can go to the park and for picnics
4/ You can meet someone outside socially distancing
5/ You can't mix households still or visit houses

I would rather be allowed to visit immediate family say a maximum once per week, keeping socially distant and in fresh air where possible, than be allowed to go to a park where millions will descend.

I was saying this to my in laws, if I thought I had something I wouldn’t go near family until it’s gone, because it’s personal responsibility which could impact someone you know. Being sat down the park, who knows what people have got and if they have and pass it on - they aren’t going to know or have any guilt even if it killed someone.

Edit: great minds 57