Coronavirus | Page 213 | Vital Football

Coronavirus

Yup, we're a long time off being able to compare properly as I also don't believe it's true we haven't included figures where the assumption of C19 has been included - although that may have now changed, we haven't revised down.

Also plenty of talk today about Italy's figures being heavily under reported - we're going to get lots of this from all countries for a bit as self protectionism hits.

Trump is waving the white flag to the virus. In fairness, America doesn't have the healthcare infrastructure to deal with a pandemic. They don't have the social welfare system or solidarity to deal with the effects of the recession either.

Still, the choice is not lives vs the economy. It's lives vs lives and the economy. They are going to get the worst of both worlds now.

It says a lot about the EU (love it or hate it) that we're so much more cooperative as a band of nations than a country that bills itself as the greatest in the world. It is so deeply divided and flawed.

For all of Cuomo's critics he has been pretty much impeccable. Trump is a pathetic coward, there has been zero leadership probably for fear of making a mistake and 'soiling' his name.

Living here is just madness and I think my GF has seen the light because I told her when I get older into my 50s or 60s I want to be living somewhere else. Maybe Canada or back to Ireland because when things go south you don't know what's going to happen. NYC seems to be the only place in the country that has the type of solidarity you'd get in a small nation or in a nation that trusts its institutions. I guess because it is so diverse and is basically a small nation.

Without looking back , I think this was predicted by a few on here. Add on the fact that it was so important to get this gear that we sent an RAF plane over to collect the stuff and it had to wait 3 days and one word springs to mind.

Shambles

Coronavirus PPE: Gowns ordered from Turkey fail to meet safety standards

Some 400,000 surgical gowns ordered from Turkey do not meet British safety standards, the UK government has said.
Up to half of the personal protective equipment (PPE) order was flown to the UK by the RAF last month, but has not been given to NHS workers and is now stuck in a warehouse.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-52569364

Well it's all big sensational headlines this morning about the lockdown being eased then .

30,000 deaths and still 649 people dying yesterday I guess everything is ok then.
I love my country.

I'll leave the fcuktards to rush to costa coffee, and McDonald's. Nothing will change for me in a hurry.

Trouble is, there is the balance now with lives and the crashing economy which would also lead to a loss of lives.

We do look a fuck up numbers wise though, sadly. I think I said early on in the thread as much as I dislike the Tories, I hope they come out of this totally full of praise, as it will mean less lives lost. Sadly................

Without looking back , I think this was predicted by a few on here. Add on the fact that it was so important to get this gear that we sent an RAF plane over to collect the stuff and it had to wait 3 days and one word springs to mind.

Shambles

Coronavirus PPE: Gowns ordered from Turkey fail to meet safety standards

Some 400,000 surgical gowns ordered from Turkey do not meet British safety standards, the UK government has said.
Up to half of the personal protective equipment (PPE) order was flown to the UK by the RAF last month, but has not been given to NHS workers and is now stuck in a warehouse.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-52569364

Media hysteria to get this PPE at all costs and it guess what it's all unusable.
I also guess the bloke in Brum with warehouses who had £4m worth of PPE was probably the same just out to make a fast buck. Let's not miss a chance to knock the government though.

Yes, I'm guilty of stereotyping but if you buy goods from places where they have a lower standard that us you are asking for trouble.
I have worked on procurement so I do have a bit of an idea about sourcing items of quality

Media hysteria to get this PPE at all costs and it guess what it's all unusable.
I also guess the bloke in Brum with warehouses who had £4m worth of PPE was probably the same just out to make a fast buck. Let's not miss a chance to knock the government though.

Yes, I'm guilty of stereotyping but if you buy goods from places where they have a lower standard that us you are asking for trouble.
I have worked on procurement so I do have a bit of an idea about sourcing items of quality

It begs the question who was doing the buying though. I think in this case the Government are entirely to blame for this fiasco.

It begs the question who was doing the buying though. I think in this case the Government are entirely to blame for this fiasco.

I think it's a panic buy, I've got a few of those in the kitchen cupboard to be fair.
There will be a process for purchasing PPE and the government should not be involved unless they know what they are doing.
All these promises to shut the journalist up for a few days are actually counterproductive. Shooting themselves in the foot.
The NHS is the biggest Company /Business/industry in the UK they need help in terms of money but they have people who know what they are doing without MPs who have never had a job in their lives pressuring them to hit fucking targets that are never realistic. It's become a game of hitting scores. Look at the nightingale nonsense, they never had enough staff in the normal hospitals so where were they coming from for those. They've never seen a patient at the NEC

It is indeed a shambles.

They do need to let experts do their job and stop pressuring people to hit meaningless targets

guess we should have known when the turkish lads said it was genuine
Adidaze and Alvin Klein

maybe we can use it for footballers instead ?

I think it's a panic buy, I've got a few of those in the kitchen cupboard to be fair.
There will be a process for purchasing PPE and the government should not be involved unless they know what they are doing.
All these promises to shut the journalist up for a few days are actually counterproductive. Shooting themselves in the foot.
The NHS is the biggest Company /Business/industry in the UK they need help in terms of money but they have people who know what they are doing without MPs who have never had a job in their lives pressuring them to hit fucking targets that are never realistic. It's become a game of hitting scores. Look at the nightingale nonsense, they never had enough staff in the normal hospitals so where were they coming from for those. They've never seen a patient at the NEC

It is indeed a shambles.

They do need to let experts do their job and stop pressuring people to hit meaningless targets
Governments of whatever political persuasion cannot work to budgets.
Its not their money they spend, its ours.
You only have to look at local councils that spend it like its free money, everything they touch goes over budget.
Look at the Home Office with its massive overspend on the electronic borders fiasco.
The MOD overspend massively on everything they are involved with.
They have no expertise in business, they simply cant work to budgets and their ability to estimate any large project is always way under estimated.
PS, I completly forgot the latest white elephant HS2.

Last edited:
guess we should have known when the turkish lads said it was genuine
Adidaze and Alvin Klein

maybe we can use it for footballers instead ?

I've only been to Turkey twice but as you are getting off the plane the rep tells you all the goods are fake and not to buy them. Pretty sound advice but I still came back with 3 Lacoste polo shirts , one wash later they were in the bin , I learnt the hard way as well

I've only been to Turkey twice but as you are getting off the plane the rep tells you all the goods are fake and not to buy them. Pretty sound advice but I still came back with 3 Lacoste polo shirts , one wash later they were in the bin , I learnt the hard way as well

Yes we bought Sir Dennis jnr a pair of Nike trainers for about £10 from the "Official Nike dealership" when we went there. If I had looked close enough they were probably selling PPE there as well.

Yes we bought Sir Dennis jnr a pair of Nike trainers for about £10 from the "Official Nike dealership" when we went there. If I had looked close enough they were probably selling PPE there as well.

They are quite open about it, the same as the Greek islands nobody gives a hoot. you thought I was going to say fuck didn't you

And easing back into the subject of the thread...

Interesting talk on Newsnight about the lockdown continuing for another 3 weeks but some easing of things like exercise as there is growing evidence, apparently, that it is much harder to catch outdoors.

And a segment on the food and drink industry, and how the crunch is coming in June where restaurants won't be able to pay their landlords so there will be a big knock-on to another industry (property owners). That industry will need proper help and the guy interviewed said the Gov have ignored the fact that a lot of the staff, quite legally and through recognised Gov allowances, have a % of their wage through tips. They are basically not 20% down whilst on furlough, they are 40% ish down.