Coronavirus | Page 211 | Vital Football

Coronavirus

They would argue others would then start doing the same, driving down and fishing in the isolated spots I guess but point understood totally.

The lack of communication and the total farce it all appears, the highest death toll (figures are a bit up and down and open to question but even still we aren't looking good on this) has angered me.

They have treated us with contempt, as usual, and the adviser as above not following the advice, following on from our hapless PM not following it, is a disgrace.
The only thing that has stopped me sticking two fingers up to the whole thing is the fact that my wife is over 70 and as such I am not only risking my health, but also hers, and the fact that if I did get it bad some poor sod at the hospital would have to waste their time and risk their life for me.
For myself, I am past careing.

There is a list of people including the PM , Chief Medical advisors , scientists that give advice , high profile footballers that have failed to heed the recommedations.

Aer Lingus flying planes full of passengers , only this morning there was a reporter ringing round barbers for a hair cut and being told by one to come in 3 days time because they were so busy. On the radio just a bloke said he was in an internet cafe yesterday where they weren't even cleaning computers down between users (the caller couldn't see a problem !!! ). There have been plenty of reports of other such behaviour.

And they wonder why the death toll is so high.

Looks likely Germany are coming strongly out of the lockdown , bars , cafes , restaurants likely to be open in the coming weeks. A country with so many land borders they've handled this incredibly well by comparison.
What are we a month / 2 months behind them in terms of progress?

They shut their borders and fuck anyone else unlike us who are still letting people come and go

I so angry at the moment.

Degree of ambiguity around the death figures or not the fact remains (sorry for saying this) we are there or thereabouts and will be now in the final reckoning it seems. And it's going to be one of the biggest national disgraces in our history.

Are we not supposed to have a health care system the envy of the world? And by that I am not referring to our wonderful NHS staff . I mean everything but them. Well , sorry our death rate does not suggest our healthcare system is in a good place. Woefully under funded and under prepared for years has come home to roost. These people need taking to account

But then I suppose any healthcare system would not cope with a bunch of overpaid selfish toffs masquerading as a government sitting on its hands putting profit before safety and letting major sporting events go ahead while other countries, our neighbours, went into lockdown. A government who are complicit in wanting to be seen as so open and politically correct, as it's great PR for their careers, that it put that view before the safety of us all by not shutting down its borders in time to contain our island nation. Unlike our commonwealth colleagues on the other side of the world who got a grip .
Not really sure why I'm so surprised that this has played out in this way. The country is a shambles. Brexit anyone?

There is a list of people including the PM , Chief Medical advisors , scientists that give advice , high profile footballers that have failed to heed the recommedations.

Aer Lingus flying planes full of passengers , only this morning there was a reporter ringing round barbers for a hair cut and being told by one to come in 3 days time because they were so busy. On the radio just a bloke said he was in an internet cafe yesterday where they weren't even cleaning computers down between users (the caller couldn't see a problem !!! ). There have been plenty of reports of other such behaviour.

And they wonder why the death toll is so high.

There are a hell of a lot of inner-city areas who run with cash only and the black economy that take no notice of the normal society and they are the areas with the most deaths. They can dress it up however they want but we all know what I mean

Degree of ambiguity around the death figures or not the fact remains (sorry for saying this) we are there or thereabouts and will be now in the final reckoning it seems. And it's going to be one of the biggest national disgraces in our history.

Are we not supposed to have a health care system the envy of the world? And by that I am not referring to our wonderful NHS staff . I mean everything but them. Well , sorry our death rate does not suggest our healthcare system is in a good place. Woefully under funded and under prepared for years has come home to roost. These people need taking to account

But then I suppose any healthcare system would not cope with a bunch of overpaid selfish toffs masquerading as a government sitting on its hands putting profit before safety and letting major sporting events go ahead while other countries, our neighbours, went into lockdown. A government who are complicit in wanting to be seen as so open and politically correct, as it's great PR for their careers, that it put that view before the safety of us all by not shutting down its borders in time to contain our island nation. Unlike our commonwealth colleagues on the other side of the world who got a grip .
Not really sure why I'm so surprised that this has played out in this way. The country is a shambles. Brexit anyone?

WE are vastly overpopulated (in England, not the UK) and there is far too much Red tape and none medical staff in the NHS, It's not as joined up as many think.
Every country in Europe has struggled except the Germans from what I can see but we love to knock ourselves in this country and praise the Germans, who were very quick to lockdown their borders as I've said. Something our open border policy is constantly criticised by me and millions of others.
Pity Brexit didn't happen 3 years ago when it was voted we'd have far more control by now

WE are vastly overpopulated (in England, not the UK) and there is far too much Red tape and none medical staff in the NHS, It's not as joined up as many think.
Every country in Europe has struggled except the Germans from what I can see but we love to knock ourselves in this country and praise the Germans, who were very quick to lockdown their borders as I've said. Something our open border policy is constantly criticised by me and millions of others.
Pity Brexit didn't happen 3 years ago when it was voted we'd have far more control by now

If Adolf had gone for the oil fields instead of Stalingrad, ....

My Mrs being an ex-nurse gets very wound up about people in gloves and masks as they are supposed to be changed often not worn for hours. People touch their face with gloves on because they think they are safe when actually they have been everywhere with gloves on touching all and sundry even their masks, Masks are good for about 15 mins.
I get that they make people feel safe but really it's a false sense of security

Ironically I find when I wear gloves I’m more conscious of when I touch my face. I suspect I touch my face a lot especially with stubble, with gloves I seem to notice it more and can stop myself.

But yes, if people think that wearing a glove means the virus doesn’t stick then they are a bit stupid.

Ironically I find when I wear gloves I’m more conscious of when I touch my face. I suspect I touch my face a lot especially with stubble, with gloves I seem to notice it more and can stop myself.

But yes, if people think that wearing a glove means the virus doesn’t stick then they are a bit stupid.

The only thing that we all wearing masks and gloves does is make you jump back when you see some else which is the only good thing

I feel like I should be wearing a string of garlic round my neck when I go out for my walk. I can't get over the fact that big, tough looking blokes leap out of my way.

Two things here mate: Germany are in the EU and if they have locked down their borders, there is no reason we couldn't have. Most people incoming since this broke are British nationals coming home.

There is nothing whatsoever stopping us quarantining ANYONE who enters the UK for 2 weeks (or more) whether they have symptoms or not. That's what Aus and NZ have done since the start and look at where they are now. Not quarantine travellers has surely had a huge impact on what has happened here. Nothing to do with being in the EU or not.

Two things here mate: Germany are in the EU and if they have locked down their borders, there is no reason we couldn't have. Most people incoming since this broke are British nationals coming home.

There is nothing whatsoever stopping us quarantining ANYONE who enters the UK for 2 weeks (or more) whether they have symptoms or not. That's what Aus and NZ have done since the start and look at where they are now. Not quarantine travellers has surely had a huge impact on what has happened here. Nothing to do with being in the EU or not.

Fully agree mate but if Boris hadn't been preoccupied with Brexit, something that should have been sorted 3 years ago but for meddlers trying to stop it , he might have had more time to sort out this shite for which he is now being battered for by everyone including me. Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Fully agree mate but if Boris hadn't been preoccupied with Brexit, something that should have been sorted 3 years ago but for meddlers trying to stop it , he might have had more time to sort out this shite for which he is now being battered for by everyone including me. Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

He hasn't sorted out Brexit or Covid. He talks a good game though.

It looks like things are going bad for Sweden's herd immunity experiment. They have almost 3,000 dead as opposed to roughly 475 in Norway and Finland.

I guess it depends on how much you value human life.

It looks like things are going bad for Sweden's herd immunity experiment. They have almost 3,000 dead as opposed to roughly 475 in Norway and Finland.

I've spent a month in Finland, nothing lives there only reindeer, we went for a whole day drive around Lapland and never saw a living soul. It's like wales but with snow

and yet their per capita death rate is still much lower than many European countries despite 'going bad' and not locking down to the same extent.

All countries are going to let more people die as they value the life of their people versus doing business/returning to normal - unless some cure appears in the meantime

No, there are plenty better. We just always tell ourselves ours is the best, because it is 'free'. I have little reason in life to thank it, respect it or think it any good, it has done its best to kill me!

Horrible irony that the Tories kept goading everyone with the 'dither and delay' crap about Brexit. And yet, that is exactly what they have done over the virus and now we all know the death toll in this country.