The Takeover Thread - NUFC Sold - Ashley & Co GONE!!! | Page 26 | Vital Football

The Takeover Thread - NUFC Sold - Ashley & Co GONE!!!

I’m with Sir Laz I don’t understand..

Effectively Ashley is the lender and Staveley the borrower is that right.

Why would he lend them 150 million to help them complete the purchase.

Does the Saudi ownership of Sheff U not go against the rules of having interests or owning more than one club?
It will be tail wagging dog if he is not totally removed and merchandising rights and all the associated bits that have been hived off are back under the umbrella of NUFC. And Ashley will not bow to that.

From The Telegraph.

The £340million takeover of Newcastle United, backed by the Public Investment Fund of Saudi Arabia, has moved closer to being completed.

Documents filed at Companies House show that the deal is progressing. The Telegraph understands that a sale price has been agreed with Mike Ashley and the Premier League is carrying out its checks under its owners and directors test. If there are no problems a formal announcement is expected be made.

I thought similar also.You waiting for the same 'couldn't get it over the line', 'the two parties are locked in talks but without agreement', 'exhausted every avenue'? Plus multiple more excuses.

Well I remember starting this thread almost a year ago when the rumour broke. Maybe this is it.

Will stay calm until the announcement is real.

I wonder if Rafa will come back then or they will start with a completely clean sheet so to speak.

I feel nothing about this news - absolutely nothing

Infact I think I might struggle to cope seeing an element of our fanbase enjoy any future success

Three things I hope for short term:
1. The takeover goes through...obviously
2. The happy clappers don't try to grab the high ground and say their dopey anti-ashley chants and banners helped get rid of the FCB.
3. The new owners don't bring Rafa back.

I really hope this comes off, i have had the shittest couple of weeks in my life and this would cheer me up no end, i wont believe it until it is signed and sealed but i am hopeful. I think the fat one is probably looking for some cash to pump into his tatty sports shop.