Time for a new manager? | Page 91 | Vital Football

Time for a new manager?

Even if we lose to chelsea I still cant see dean walking or getting the sack myself. But a manager who is free and would do a job in 9 games.

Harry Redknapp would not be a bad shout to be fair.

I like the story about the team talk where McNeil describes how the ball is moved about until it's crossed into to Andy Gray, then "Bingo, a goal"
Andy's reputed comment was '"Which corner boss?"
Love football stories. Peter Withe at training with Peter Beagrie at Sheffield United. Beagrie is fanning about instead of crossing for the hero of Rotterdam to try a header. So Withey tells the errant winger to swap roles. Withey shapes to cross but doesn't,shapes to cross but fannies again, shapes to cross but spins round. Beagrie is bemused and asks Withey "What's going on"?. Our lord of the shin calmly replies,Now you know how l feel every fucking Saturday"

Big Sam will get the job done. Of all of the managers out there, he's the safe bet now. I'd take him over Rafa in our situation.

Not sure about Sam because they're not his sort of players. He'd get the basics right but we need more than basics.

As we've heard no news from the owners I'm taking it that DS is going to survive, for now at least. Just hope he can pull things together for the next match.

Not sure about Sam because they're not his sort of players. He'd get the basics right but we need more than basics.

As we've heard no news from the owners I'm taking it that DS is going to survive, for now at least. Just hope he can pull things together for the next match.

We can't even do the basics at the moment.

I think Chelsea will be postponed, giving us a month before the next game. The virus has saved Smith's job, for now.

I was a huge fan of Sherwood. I liked the Lescott and Richards signings until I didn't haha. They were great aston villa minded signings on paper, one a fan who always played well against us and another an incredibly gifted defender who just had a shit time with injuries, couldn't have foresaw them both being bad for us really.

I think the problem with the management then was there were too many Chefs. There were Sherwood players and the Scouting departments players and they didnt get on. Too many cliques behind the scenes, and then Garde coming just sent it all over the edge.

Since MON, Sherwood has been the only manager besides Dean that I really felt was an Aston Villa manager. Real football man who understood the size of the club and would have won things with us eventually.

I was a huge fan of Sherwood. I liked the Lescott and Richards signings until I didn't haha. They were great aston villa minded signings on paper, one a fan who always played well against us and another an incredibly gifted defender who just had a shit time with injuries, couldn't have foresaw them both being bad for us really.

I think the problem with the management then was there were too many Chefs. There were Sherwood players and the Scouting departments players and they didnt get on. Too many cliques behind the scenes, and then Garde coming just sent it all over the edge.

Since MON, Sherwood has been the only manager besides Dean that I really felt was an Aston Villa manager. Real football man who understood the size of the club and would have won things with us eventually.

So despite all evidence to the contrary we know you rate Deano. But to further the case for dismissal of all your views based on diminished mental capacity, you’re now saying that you thought Sherwood would have won things with AV? 🤪

Kinell mate I’m not sure whether you’ve been out in the sun too long and boiled your brain, or you’re just here to troll 😂

So despite all evidence to the contrary we know you rate Deano. But to further the case for dismissal of all your views based on diminished mental capacity, you’re now saying that you thought Sherwood would have won things with AV? 🤪

Kinell mate I’m not sure whether you’ve been out in the sun too long and boiled your brain, or you’re just here to troll 😂
Hahaha!

Sherwood took us to an FA cup final mate! Not many Villa managers can say that these days. Like Dean, no one in football has a bad word to say about him. Everyone involved with the Blackburn winning team said his leadership and captaincy on the field were absolutely crucial.

I liked him, but he couldn't address the defensive frailties and made them worse, fucked right up bringing Richards and Lescott in.
I liked him aswell and could never understand the hatred towards him on here. He did the job he was hired to do and kept us up, but yes, the tactics Tim jibe stuck.