Leicester v Aston Villa - Match Thread - Monday 9th March, 8pm | Page 42 | Vital Football

Leicester v Aston Villa - Match Thread - Monday 9th March, 8pm

Fuck sake this is tedious. Do you think ldgavfc may have meant in context or do you genuinely think he meant we would dominate Leicester away? Rodgers seems to think that was Leicester "back to their best". Leicester who are 3rd and brought on Tielemanns for Praet, Mendy for Ndidi and Vardy for Iheanacho.

I get everyone's pissed off with our performances of late but I don't see the benefit in stamping all over anyone's attempts at positivity.

There is being realistic and being positive. If it makes you feel better, I feel we will win all of our games left because we will play football like only how Idgavfc sees us playing which is " We play better football under Dean than I have seen us play since the 90s. We are scoring goals, we try and play with possession, we overload the opposition half and box, we put passes together, we are dynamic."

I'm not sure how blaming individual errors is some type of exoneration for the coaching/manager. If players are making individual errors that lead to goals (apparently we lead the league) then that is down to the fact that the shape and (lack of) organization isn't right. Players make mistakes all the time. The whole idea of having a defined defensive shape is to ensure that those moments aren't punished with goals. It's the simple concept of pressure/cover defensively. If the player pressing the ball makes a mistake, then there is a covering player in the right place to help. A defender getting beaten in a 1v1 situation is normal. That defender not having a covering player is the problem under this manager.

Look at the move that lead to Leicester's penalty last night. Guilbert pressing the opposing left-back on the halfway line was a poor decision, but if the shape was right, Nakamba, Luiz or Engels should have been in a position to slide over and prevent Barnes from running clean-through. Instead, our defence was 40 yards further back and midfield nowhere to be seen. When you coach defensive shape, it's basics to ensure that your back-four stays connected. Our back-four just follow players and drop-off. They're defending the "what-if this happens" situation instead of keeping the shape and cutting out attacks before they become dangerous. It really isn't difficult to coach. I used to do it with 18 year old college kids. A few sessions where they were (literally) connected to each other with pieces of rope 9 yards long in a shadow-play exercise. If they became too far separated and the rope came out of one of their hands then 10 press-ups. Never took more than about 50 press-ups for them to start to figure it out...

I feel none of that is required as we are apparently playing the best football since the 90s !!:bs:

One thing which I don't think anybody has mentioned. When the players were on the field immediately before kick-off, Targett was having a word with Jack. Jack had a face like thunder. Targett looked as though he was trying to calm him down or at least cheer him up.

Wonder what that was about. Looked as though something had seriously upset Jack, although I wouldn't like to speculate what (because it would just be speculation).

Anyone watched the post match interview with Dean?

He says " defensively we were well organised " WTF??

That is reason alone to deserve sacking.

Did not care to listen to the rest of the cr@p he was saying.

Link below

I posted the same this morning, we’re 20th in the division for every bad defensive stat going, just conceded four more goals and he says that... I thought he was a measured guy but he’s deluded and trying to say the right things to keep him in a job.

Out of interest, does his brother still travel to away games? It won’t be peasant when it does get toxic with the fans when it’s aimed at your brother (I imagine)

The only time our owners will act is when the gates go down. Up till now the gates have been 40,000 +,wait till 28,000 turn up. Money talks

People have their own opinions. What is getting extremely tedious is going on at somebody because his view of things doesn't coincide with your own. Haven't you something more constructive to say?

The problem is that what he says does not match what we are seeing that is all. As for saying constructive, what is there to say when you see us not being able to pass the ball, show no fight, defence is crap, gift goals, midfield is useless except Jack and finally when the manager says after a fiasco like the result yesterday that he thinks " we were defensively well organized "...??

The problem is that what he says does not match what we are seeing that is all. As for saying constructive, what is there to say when you see us not being able to pass the ball, show no fight, defence is crap, gift goals, midfield is useless except Jack and finally when the manager says after a fiasco like the result yesterday that he thinks " we were defensively well organized "...??
It matches what I've seen the majority of games this season. On the whole I've been entertained, I've enjoyed watching us, we have scored and created goals despite having a poor playing staff. Jack Grealish is playing his best football of his career so far because we are playing a system that suits him.

Yeah you can pull out my positive comments after a performance like that or a performance like Southampton and make me look silly, but I'll be right back on here after the next win we get whether its against Chelsea next week or Charlton next season and there will be far more people agreeing with me.

It matches what I've seen the majority of games this season. On the whole I've been entertained, I've enjoyed watching us, we have scored and created goals despite having a poor playing staff. Jack Grealish is playing his best football of his career so far because we are playing a system that suits him.

Yeah you can pull out my positive comments after a performance like that or a performance like Southampton and make me look silly, but I'll be right back on here after the next win we get whether its against Chelsea next week or Charlton next season and there will be far more people agreeing with me.

In 19th position with the 2nd worst goal difference of -22 and looking worse in each game and most likely to end up in last place...hmm..it has been entertaining indeed 😂😂🤣🤣😂🤣.

Last season was entertaining to me, this no way !

I posted the same this morning, we’re 20th in the division for every bad defensive stat going, just conceded four more goals and he says that... I thought he was a measured guy but he’s deluded and trying to say the right things to keep him in a job.

Out of interest, does his brother still travel to away games? It won’t be peasant when it does get toxic with the fans when it’s aimed at your brother (I imagine)

I am shocked seeing him change from how his interviews were last season to how he talks utter shite this season since it became clear we are most likely going down. As for his brother, the sooner he stops going the better. Might get anger towards Dean taken out on him considering how many times we hear our own fighting amongst themselves.

Love the avatar picture of big Ron mate.

Now that's what you call a manager who knew how the game was played and was able to assemble a team with the correct players in the correct positions and motivate them to perform.
Pressed reply instead of like TH. That said I agree with all you say re Big Ron.

I first attended Villa Park in November 1963 and I cannot recall a worse performance. The 6-2 tonking from Chelsea in the 1960s (Bobby Tambling with five goals) comes close but this was beyond abysmal. I don't think any Leicster player broke into a sweat tonight.
I was up the Holte for that game BBJ and concur and yes last night was beyond abysmal.
I have refused to join in the regular slagging off of the team on here, but sadly last night was the final straw.
You cannot make excuses for that performance last night, especially after the battling game against City the week before.
I didnt see anything last night that made me think that we can get out of the hole we have dug for ourselves.
The defence is so so poor with players seemingly not having a clue what their job within the team is.
The two fullbacks might as well have not bothered turning out, so ineffective were they and our midfield both defensively and in the attacking mode offered nothing.
Feel sorry for Jack, he has given his all for our cause, and the task now looks beyond him. (Or anyone else for that matter)

I am shocked seeing him change from how his interviews were last season to how he talks utter shite this season since it became clear we are most likely going down. As for his brother, the sooner he stops going the better. Might get anger towards Dean taken out on him considering how many times we hear our own fighting amongst themselves.

I would if I was him, because no one wants that and it’s not fair on the brother if that happened. Given our record of in fighting the idiots will want to start an argument with anyone they can justify

You cannot make excuses for that performance last night, especially after the battling game against City the week before.
I didnt see anything last night that made me think that we can get out of the hole we have dug for ourselves.
The defence is so so poor with players seemingly not having a clue what their job within the team is.

Astonishing difference between the City match and last night. But it's the one thing which gives me some hope, because City showed that with (almost) the same players we can compete.

My guess is this. For the City game DS recognised how tough the opposition was and set us up accordingly. Guilbert is set to mark Sterling and keeps him in his pocket all game. And so on. For the Leicester game DS decides that his brand of attacking football can sweep all before it. So Guilbert is in some vague area up the pitch and has 2 players not one to cope with every time they attack. And so on. Deluded.

So, the players may not be wonderful but I think they're good enough (mainly) to compete. They have to be set up right, and DS might/is not the one to do it. Carra said we should forget about playing "football" and start thinking about winning matches. Dead right.

Not one bit surprised at the result as personally I feel we are surely going down and am sure now we will finish last. Watched the first half till about 2.15 am India time, so cannot comment on the 2nd half but after reading pages 7 to 39 I am not surprised it went from bad to worse, and I am glad I did not watch the entire match.

I am not sure on what basis others here who predicted a Villa win did so? We as I have been repeatedly saying cannot even pass the damn ball okay nevermind good enough, so how on earth are we expecting to win games? With a defence like what we've got we need to outscore the other team and that can happen only if we pass the ball well enough as a team. Mings makes my blood boil with his stupidity and recklessness and he is our best defender?

With Leicester not being in form and Vardy as well who has not scored since Christmas there was only one team they needed to play and that was ours. History has shown we are always the team to play if some team or some players wants to regain lost form and I was certain we would get hammered and so predicted a 3 nil defeat and the actual result was worse.

Except for in the 3rd to the 10th minute we passed the ball well and I thought we might put in a good performance, however, typical Villa showed nothing of that kind of passing after that till the half ended.

Jack looks like he has given up and I cannot blame him at all regardless of whether he is a fan or not. He cannot do it on his own. I would get pissed off too if I were him running and trying my arse off to win the game and others around me are utterly useless and incapable of passing the ball well and defenders and goalkeepers taking turns in making mistakes resulting in easy goals for the other team !

We need to sack the one who is responsible for choosing an incompetent coaching staff first, and if that is Smith then so be it. If he does not choose the players and as head coach if he cannot get the team to defend nor attack well, what the fcuk is his goddamn job?

As I said in the Dean Smith thread, we got promoted mainly due to Jack and nothing to do with Smith has yet again been proved correct. An absent or off form Jack means we look our worst.

It is up to the owners to decide if they should do the right thing by firing Smith and looking like idiots for giving him a 4 year extension or not do anything about it because they wrongly believe he can keep us up or bring us back up like last time however next time around most likely Jack will have been gone.
Blimey mate your a sucker for punishment 2.15 India time.

We played very well against Spurs. Why are people expecting us to dominate the league? We finished 5th in the play offs and have a squad worth less than Arsenal's front three.

You're right we did play well and I actually was one of what seemed like a small group to say that we did play well.

I just feel that 2 maybe 3 good solid performances in our last twelve leagues games is not good enough. Football is subjective and we see things differently but the evidence for me is that these performances are the exception not the norm.

I don't necessarily believe this is all Dean's fault but there is something very wrong if he has to roar from the sidelines for players to do their jobs and show some fight. Time and again screaming for them to go hard into challenges or pick up the second balls.

We seem like a lumbering rudderless ship and the captain of the ship seem's powerless to change our course.