Leicester v Aston Villa - Match Thread - Monday 9th March, 8pm | Page 41 | Vital Football

Leicester v Aston Villa - Match Thread - Monday 9th March, 8pm

The team has to speak up to the management about the zonal marking at corners as it's so easy to play against. We put Mings and Engels at the back post -> they send Evans to the near post. Back to basics. Big men pick up the big men. Get Samatta back and have Jack as the out ball. I don't blame Smith for a so many of our signings not coming off, as there's a large dose of luck there with so many gaps to fill, but defending seeing Elmo against Evans and Guilbert against Rodhri within a week of each other is too much.

You could see the way it was going to go after Hourihane's air shot.
Play like this and not only won't we win another game but we'll lose the lot.

Oi cheeky devil he's mine all mine! My heart sank when I saw his name on the team sheet. In saying that he wasn't any worse than the rest last night

Douglas Luiz, one fucking tackle all game.

Our full backs, successful pass percentages of 47 and 51.

Absolute crap statistics.

Do we even need statistics Fulford, I feel like those only come into play when you've a dodgy argument or an argument which isn't commonly accepted.

I think its pretty commonly accepted we're not competitive anymore. We were at times during our first 12-16 games but the last 10 in particular have been dreadful.

We don't even need to cherry pick examples the data set is very broad. Even games we won like Watford we were dreadful for 60 odd minutes. Burnley was our one decent performance, a red herring among the pack.

Do we even need statistics Fulford, I feel like those only come into play when you've a dodgy argument or an argument which isn't commonly accepted.

I think its pretty commonly accepted we're not competitive anymore. We were at times during our first 12-16 games but the last 10 in particular have been dreadful.

We don't even need to cherry pick examples the data set is very broad. Even games we won like Watford we were dreadful for 60 odd minutes. Burnley was our one decent performance, a red herring among the pack.

One tackle in 90 mins is pathetic.

We played very well against Spurs. Why are people expecting us to dominate the league? We finished 5th in the play offs and have a squad worth less than Arsenal's front three.

We played very well against Spurs. Why are people expecting us to dominate the league? We finished 5th in the play offs and have a squad worth less than Arsenal's front three.

We should be expecting to dominate as according to your assessment of our football under Smith "We play better football under Dean than I have seen us play since the 90s. We are scoring goals, we try and play with possession, we overload the opposition half and box, we put passes together, we are dynamic. "

Where was all of that yesterday?

We should be expecting to dominate as according to your assessment of our football under Smith "We play better football under Dean than I have seen us play since the 90s. We are scoring goals, we try and play with possession, we overload the opposition half and box, we put passes together, we are dynamic. "

Where was all of that yesterday?
One of the very few games we haven't scored under Smith. Another game full of individual errors.

Fuck sake this is tedious. Do you think ldgavfc may have meant in context or do you genuinely think he meant we would dominate Leicester away? Rodgers seems to think that was Leicester "back to their best". Leicester who are 3rd and brought on Tielemanns for Praet, Mendy for Ndidi and Vardy for Iheanacho.

I get everyone's pissed off with our performances of late but I don't see the benefit in stamping all over anyone's attempts at positivity.

One of the very few games we haven't scored under Smith. Another game full of individual errors.
I'm not sure how blaming individual errors is some type of exoneration for the coaching/manager. If players are making individual errors that lead to goals (apparently we lead the league) then that is down to the fact that the shape and (lack of) organization isn't right. Players make mistakes all the time. The whole idea of having a defined defensive shape is to ensure that those moments aren't punished with goals. It's the simple concept of pressure/cover defensively. If the player pressing the ball makes a mistake, then there is a covering player in the right place to help. A defender getting beaten in a 1v1 situation is normal. That defender not having a covering player is the problem under this manager.

Look at the move that lead to Leicester's penalty last night. Guilbert pressing the opposing left-back on the halfway line was a poor decision, but if the shape was right, Nakamba, Luiz or Engels should have been in a position to slide over and prevent Barnes from running clean-through. Instead, our defence was 40 yards further back and midfield nowhere to be seen. When you coach defensive shape, it's basics to ensure that your back-four stays connected. Our back-four just follow players and drop-off. They're defending the "what-if this happens" situation instead of keeping the shape and cutting out attacks before they become dangerous. It really isn't difficult to coach. I used to do it with 18 year old college kids. A few sessions where they were (literally) connected to each other with pieces of rope 9 yards long in a shadow-play exercise. If they became too far separated and the rope came out of one of their hands then 10 press-ups. Never took more than about 50 press-ups for them to start to figure it out...

I just can't imagine any Villa fan came out of that game thinking oh well we've still got a game in hand and it was all down to individual errors so no worries lets see how we go the weekend.
If they did they're either full of bullshite or smoking something illegal

I can just imagine how Dean Smith is feeling, but he'll be back at his next presser with more positive bullshite it's the way of the world these days they even run courses on being positive

i would argue this team, is worse than the team we had last year, I dont see how Guilbert is any better than the Scottish cafu or Engels is any better than Chester, Im not saying the latter players should be still in the team but they are championship at best! late in the second half I witnessed A Leicester Player on the Floor but still won the ball against 1st Davis,2nd Luiz & then El Ghazi, they all stuck there Toe in, for Fear of getting Hurt - I couldn't believe it, but it sums Up This Team Under Smith.

We have 7 wins. Norwich (2), Newcastle, Everton, Watford, Brighton & Burnley. We have a grand total of 4 clean sheets. We have conceded 2+ goals in 18 games. We are a poor team, whichever way you look at it....

i would argue this team, is worse than the team we had last year, I dont see how Guilbert is any better than the Scottish cafu or Engels is any better than Chester, Im not saying the latter players should be still in the team but they are championship at best! late in the second half I witnessed A Leicester Player on the Floor but still won the ball against 1st Davis,2nd Luiz & then El Ghazi, they all stuck there Toe in, for Fear of getting Hurt - I couldn't believe it, but it sums Up This Team Under Smith.

Is that the time they went up the field and scored from it?

I'd also take Glen Whelan over Luiz or Nakamba... He'd probably have about six red cards by now with most of them for nutting his own teammates....