Southampton v Aston Villa - Match Thread, Sat 22nd February, 3pm | Page 32 | Vital Football

Southampton v Aston Villa - Match Thread, Sat 22nd February, 3pm

Nothing positive to take from today at all. Up there with the worst performances .

Just a shame that some seem to be enjoying this and seem intent on creating dramas and divisions when there are none

Give me examples of people enjoying performances like today.
Also plenty of reports from people who were there regarding Villa fans fighting others including a prominent Villa youtuber who was attacked by fellow Villa fans.

Also plenty of reports from people who were there regarding Villa fans fighting others including a prominent Villa youtuber who was attacked by fellow Villa fans.
Was that the lad with the glasses?

All clubs have morons who need no excuse to fight...win or lose! Some of those by me spent all afternoon abusing and gesturing to the Saints fans twenty yards away...hardly watched the game at all. Would rather talk about the majority who are brilliant rather than piling on the misery with unnecessary negativity focusing on a few pathetic twats who should be ashamed of themselves.

Just been watching the "highlights" on MOTD. How the hell does Reina get picked? And has he discovered the source of Gabby's pies?

Forget about him saving a few; that's what he paid for. That was the worst display of keeping I've seen for a long time. Slow to react, punts up field falling short. And going up field for the final corner; slowly jogging back while the ball was way ahead of him. Nyland must be wondering what he's doing here.

The signings of both Reina & Drinkwater are a sign of panic, uncertainty and lack of clear direction. This season has been a fuck up of epic proportions. Hopefully the owners are furious

All clubs have morons who need no excuse to fight...win or lose! Some of those by me spent all afternoon abusing and gesturing to the Saints fans twenty yards away...hardly watched the game at all. Would rather talk about the majority who are brilliant rather than piling on the misery with unnecessary negativity focusing on a few pathetic twats who should be ashamed of themselves.

Yep. Really don't know why this has become something being banged on about this evening.
If there was anything today then it was the exception rather than the rule. I have been at games where we won and there was fighting amongst our fans. Given the shambles of a performance the fans should be praised for how restrained they were. There was even decent applause after an initial round of boos.

The entire first team, apart from Samatta, have been building up to a none performance like that for most of the season and should be dropped, especially Reina, who has made silly errors in every game.
This squad are destined for relegation and the only chance they might have to avoid it is a change in formation to a 3-5-2. Putting another striker beside Samatta will help him, just as playing Hogan in a two would have got the best out of him, so I guess that will be a no-go then.

Today is why I was so pissed off after the spurs game despite us supposedly playing well . Massive opportunity missed against them. The manner of the loss reeked of a team in bother and a team that was going to stay in jother There was absolutely no good coming from the spurs game. Today proved it.
No...that goal given to spurs in the 94th minute was park football. And tubby reina shouldn't have bothered going up today either.

Yes we got there just as it was half time in the Leicester game so about 6.15 ish.

Yes the glove wearing was ridiculous. Even Anwar wasn't wearing any.
Luiz is a show pony. No he's not even that. If Smith is serious about leaving the paghetic lightweights out at Wembley he has to be one of them.

More: “There's too many training ground players. You have to perform on a matchday. If you want to be a Premier League player, you have to perform week in, week out. Too many of ours didn't today.”

Overdue comments probably but if any performance deserved it today did.

A noteable poke at the players there and I would assume that's the beginning of the end for DS, even if he is right.