Southampton v Aston Villa - Match Thread, Sat 22nd February, 3pm | Page 41 | Vital Football

Southampton v Aston Villa - Match Thread, Sat 22nd February, 3pm

"In midfield, the lightweight pairing of Douglas Luiz and Marvelous Nakamba were outwitted by Hojbjeg and Smallbone, a 20 year old academy product making his Premier League debut."
It goes on but you get the picture. I know it's in the much and deservedly reviled Mail, but I can't argue with any of the above.

Its very scary - if there isn't a reaction vs. Leicester I'd probably be saying we're going down.

But then how many times have we said it this season after winnable games.

That wasn't the point of the question. The point is we couldn't just sign 4 30m or players. We had to sign 11 players because we didn't even have the bare bones of a squad. Every Villa fan knew this. Sam Allardyce didn't because he didn't bother to even look at our situation before spouting off yet now he's being held up as some prescient genius who knew exactly what we needed.
Is this the same Sam Allardyce who routinely signed 10 players every window? Was known for his wheeling and dealing and whose greatest achievement in football was to get the sack from the England job quicker than speedy gonzales?

The sage that is Sam Allardyce should not be mentioned on this website ever again.

We seem to be repeating all the mistakes of the past....financially what way will we be in if we get relegated this year...selling all our best players.... another rebuild ... no Jack.... things looking even more gloomy than our previous dalliance in the championship....

Is this the same Sam Allardyce who routinely signed 10 players every window? Was known for his wheeling and dealing and whose greatest achievement in football was to get the sack from the England job quicker than speedy gonzales?

The sage that is Sam Allardyce should not be mentioned on this website ever again.
Agree, his days are gone..... It's just hard to think of anyone who would fit the bill, that we could encourage into the championship.....

Allardyce is a manager who could only provide a short term bounce. His sacking by England was because of dodgy behaviour not incompetence in his job. However his first England game wasn't exactly thrilling football.

Would give this a double like if I could. So copied it and liked it.... here... like. Thumbs up.

Taken ages to catch up on the reading of this thread. It's all ifs, buts and maybes and no-ones 'solutions' can ever be tested - they are all in the past.

The reality is that we are deep in the mire. Only other teams ineptitude is keeping us out the relegation zone, but while there is still a chance, we mustn't look to focus on what has happened. It is however, time for a new direction. I personally like the idea of 2 up front with Jack in behind, pack the midfield and protect the defense. The opportunities are there for some players to step up.

Would Hause be a better wingback than Targett? Does Elmo come in for Freddie? Which 3 do we then play in midfield? Do we even stick with a back 3? Cup final is a case of not being humiliated but also regaining some pride.

#Growsomeballs :utv:

Alternatively we can all navel gaze over what happened months ago.

You forgot he won fuck all , near bankrupted the club doing it then did the dirty on us a week before the season. A vile horrible little egotistical twat who I despise more than anyone we have ever employed, left in the shit for years. The thought of him makes me vomit
Lerner was to blame for the financial plug pulling. BUT yes I agree about the walking out business. That was despicable.