Cook My Biggest Achievement So Far | Vital Football

Cook My Biggest Achievement So Far

He seems to think keeping us up will be his best achievement. He really does talk some bullshit ........

I tend to agree Zakky that sometimes, he does spout a load of tripe. However, if you don't agree with him on this, what do you think has been his best achievement?

Beating City ? ......... but that was a one off game (as others have said).
League 1 Champions? ............. surely staying up is harder.

Don't you think he has a point?

Success?

How the F**k can a reporter actually write that bullshit if only to wind the fans up even more.
Thats not success more like 8 months of failure.

Kendrick, grow a pair pal and challenge the dick head on these ridiculous statements ffs!

I tend to agree Zakky that sometimes, he does spout a load of tripe. However, if you don't agree with him on this, what do you think has been his best achievement?

Beating City ? ......... but that was a one off game (as others have said).
League 1 Champions? ............. surely staying up is harder.

Don't you think he has a point?

His best achievement by far is somehow staying in a job for so long.
A job in which he is tactically and totally unqualified for.

If we stay up this season it will be narrowly avoiding a suicide rather than an achievement. I think to view it as such an achievement shows how bad it's got. It was at the forum Cook was telling us we'd get more points and finish higher than the previous season, so he's way under achieving by his own expectations yet happy to lower the bar sufficiently to try and make out like it's a success.

You can't have had the time, money and squad Cooks had in a league as weak as this and then say 4th bottom was anything other than a massive under achievement.

This season has been terrible, it's just if it's going to end in a full blown catastrophe or if we somehow manage to live to fight another day knowing we blew a great opporunity to comfortably consolidate and maybe even make a push for the play offs as a dark horse.

When is talking about staying on at this level for a third year if we stay up- if we do survive, i'll say what i said at this time last year. Day after the end of the season he should go - it was a mistake to give him this season so making that mistake again would be mind boggling. Unfortunately i don't think that scenario of what to do if we stay up will be something we need to worry about.

So gents ................... as I asked Zakky, if Cook is wrong with his assessment, what do you think is his biggest achievement?

Is it with another club?

As for winning the league with (relegated) players who were largely signed by another Manager, I'd have thought that was quite good going myself.

So gents ................... as I asked Zakky, if Cook is wrong with his assessment, what do you think is his biggest achievement?

Is it with another club?

As for winning the league with (relegated) players who were largely signed by another Manager, I'd have thought that was quite good going myself.

I would probably say his achievments with Chesterfield are his best, beating City at home was down to the players, he didnt play in the match.

I just wish once in a while you would climb off that f-----g fence moonay and stop trying to be Worbo mk 2 playing devils advocate

I would probably say his achievments with Chesterfield are his best, beating City at home was down to the players, he didnt play in the match.

I just wish once in a while you would climb off that f-----g fence moonay and stop trying to be Worbo mk 2 playing devils advocate

What f.....g fence am I on? I said that he has a point. I even gave opinions on possible alternatives. Staying up in a higher division is always going to be harder than winning the league in a lower one........ though to have 3 lower league titles is no mean feat. I have to say, your point re him not deserving any credit for beating City is a little hard to take. Surely, by the same token, he deserves no criticism when those same players lose a game !

I'm not playing Devil's advocate at all. I always make my views clear. Just because I sometimes pick holes in the arguments of those who see only negatives doesn't mean I'm on any fence.

Even if I were playing DA, where's the harm in that? .................. doesn't it provoke discussion?

Is it with another club?

I would say Cookys biggest achievement was the FA Cup run when we reached the quarter finals after starting in round one and beating three greed league sides on the way. That was a brilliant achievement for a third tier club.

In all fairness, last seasons survival was a genuine achievement. If we had been consistent but finished with the same points total then it would have seemed like a comfortable season. This year should have been when we showed that we had benefited for a years experience and kicked on. At this point survival must be seen as a success but I doubt that was the brief given after we forked out millions in the summer

IMO if Cook keeps us up from our CURRENT position it will be a big achievement.But with the money we spent in the summer and some of the players we have in our squad,the question should be asked:should we be in our current position in the 1st place?I think the vast majority,including myself would say no.
Therefore,for me,if we managed to stay up it wouldn't be any bigger of an achievement as staying up last year,especially as the aim at the start of it was to improve and build on last season.But the reality is we are were we are and we need to be positive and fight to try and salvage something from it,which is still possible.

Is it with another club?

Getting us promoted with the team he inherited was a success but not really that impressive a feat as any half decent manager should have done that. Considering the strength of the league I'd say survival of the last 2 seasons was not that impressive either.

I think his most impressive season rather than one off games or performances was what he did at Chesterfield. I believe the head of recruitment for him at the time is the guy who went on to work wonders at Sheff United and no doubt he made Cooks job a lot easier, but Cook took all those gems and made them into a great side. Roberts, Doyle, Clucas, Darikwa, Johnson, Morsy, O'Shea, Cooper, Ryan in L2 / L1 was one hell of a good side assembled for very little.

I'd also say turning Pompey around after the years of decline was probably more impressive than what he did with us.

He's done a good job in the past and I'm sure at the right club in the right division he'd do well again but he's point blank out of his depth at this level and his stubborness and favouritism stop him from evolving and growing as a coach to meet the challenges at this level. He might even need a sacking to give him time to reevaluate what he has been doing and get some new ideas. I know Holloway said when he got sacked from Liecester years ago it made him go back to the drawing board and completely change his philosophy and when he came back he went on to be a better manager for it playing a completely different style.