Cook My Biggest Achievement So Far | Page 2 | Vital Football

Cook My Biggest Achievement So Far

When you think about it , IEC came in with plans of the Prem.
They pumped in around 9M on players and a million a month to run the club.
If we had finished say mid table 7/8 points off play offs i think they would have gone for it next season.
Now i think we will have to self sustain next season either way as i don`t think they will see us as a good investment for the future .
The manager and first team are to blame for that which is a shame because as i have said before everything else is going really well ..

Cook has been banned from the touchline for one game with immediate effect and fined £4,000 after accepting a couple of FA charges.

He will have to miss the pub for a couple of nights, Not sure how football can fine someone so much when most criminals dont get anywhere near that.

Not sure how football can fine someone so much when most criminals dont get anywhere near that.

Deserves all he gets, the difference is from a criminal he's in the public eye and paid a lot of money to do his job, professionalism is the key word here, lets be reet the pillock gets booked every week, this time he pushed his luck, tough shit!

That said, no doubt the club will pay the fine, we won't miss the prick being on the touchline thats for sure!

No doubt Moonay will defend him!

Cook has been banned from the touchline for one game with immediate effect and fined £4,000 after accepting a couple of FA charges.

He will have to miss the pub for a couple of nights, Not sure how football can fine someone so much when most criminals dont get anywhere near that.
It's a pity they didn't remove his pro licence (if it's not knockoff) and ban him sine die

Personally, Cook keeping us up will be a great success considering, in my opinion his current lack of ability as a manager at this level. But as a whole, in terms the current personal of the club, we should have done alot better. Think if we stay up, we have to part ways, going down, he is more suitable, but I don't think the relationship between him and fans will heal that wound.

Deserves all he gets, the difference is from a criminal he's in the public eye and paid a lot of money to do his job, professionalism is the key word here, lets be reet the pillock gets booked every week, this time he pushed his luck, tough shit!

That said, no doubt the club will pay the fine, we won't miss the prick being on the touchline thats for sure!

No doubt Moonay will defend him!

?????

🤔

This doesn't match with what you said at the time, on the Boro thread.

At least try and be consistent.
🙄

Keeping us up last season was an achievement as it is always tricky first season after promotion - the Reece James signing was obviously what drove that success.

This season with a boost in transfer funds we should have kicked on and so staying up is not an achievement but the bare minimum to avoid it being a disastrous season.

Agree with the sentiment that he needs to leave regardless as he can’t take us any further as a club and fresh ideas are needed if we are to move onwards and upwards.

?????

🤔

This doesn't match with what you said at the time, on the Boro thread.

At least try and be consistent.
🙄

That was a one off, and yes i said at the time that Cook was right on that occasion, the ref was bloody dire.

Ridiculous for a manager to get so many yellow cards in such a short time.

That was a one off, and yes i said at the time that Cook was right on that occasion, the ref was bloody dire.....

Hahaha........bless.

So, he was right at the time, but you now have a pop at him when he's sentenced?

Keep taking the anger tablets Norm.

Hahaha........bless.

So, he was right at the time, but you now have a pop at him when he's sentenced?

Keep taking the anger tablets Norm.

Dont you think the amount of yellow cards he's had over the past couple of months have been a contributing factor regarding his punishment?

How the hell can he preach discipline to the players if he's getting booked every other week?

Dont you think the amount of yellow cards he's had over the past couple of months have been a contributing factor regarding his punishment?

How the hell can he preach discipline to the players if he's getting booked every other week?

To be honest, I don't even think Moonay would disagree with you that Cooks consistency in getting booked by the referee is extremely frustrating and does not help the atmosphere of the fans whatsoever. I mean if the punishment was an isolated incidence towards Langford, then that is another matter, but its obvious his track record with any referee this season would play a part too.

I fully agree with that Franco. Cook has a poor record of being reprimanded by the officials. However, to sympathise with him on the occasion where the referee was an absolute disaster, and then to slag him off when he gets his sentence just seems contradictory. That's why I mentioned it Norm.

Cook's sometimes too hotheaded. The instance against PNE, where no-one could work out the trigger to his rant, seems a good example of him doing it almost as an automatic reaction.

As for him preaching discipline to his players .............. he seems to have done a good job with the skipper recently.

Why try and find the bad side in everything?

He's had far too long to demonstrate his aspirations - he's simply not up to it and a loose cannon when on the touchline that our club can do without
Not arsed about his discipline really. More arsed about his boring shite negative football that sends fans to sleep.
A manager that relies on O.G. being one of his top scorers FFS he has got to go despite the lucky points he keeps scabbing.

I maintain that I don't think we will stay up. But if we somehow do there is no more excuses. A huge clear out is required. All of the League One shite has to go and I include the coaching staff. Personally I'd get rid of every single attacking midfielder we have bar Gelhardt and start again from scratch. Harsh on Pilkington but I'm fed up of us carrying sick notes. I'd bin all our central midfields as well bar Morsy and Williams. Fox and Marshall also need to go and Owen Evans should be integrated into the first team squad.

Sell Robinson to balance the books, but keep Gelhardt and play him as a regular starter next season. He'll then command a club record transfer fee which should keep our books balanced for at least a couple more years.

That was a big 3pts yesterday and an even bigger boost was Boro's current form:
Since losing a lead to ten man Wigan they have lost to the bottom two sides without a single shot on target.
They now have Leeds & Forest next -