Match day thread forest v Leeds. | Page 11 | Vital Football

Match day thread forest v Leeds.

I'm so happy. That was brilliant

I’ve got my feet on the ground still. I dare to dream and then I tell myself how it could all go pear shaped, and the last 20 years have been shit so this one might go the same way - typical Forest!

I’m now just waiting to see what the next two games bring. WBA is now looking like being a much huger game than the Leeds one! No fear, just hope ....

At this stage in 2010 we had 55 points and were third, 4 points from West Brom in second. In our last 15 games we scored another 24 points to reach 79 (1.6 per game)

At this stage in 2011 we were actually second with 56 points, ahead of Swansea in third on goal difference. We went on to score just 19 points in the last 15 games to reach 75 (1.26 per game).

In 2014 we were 5th with 55 points, 5 from second and 9 ahead of 7th. Unbelievably, we scored just 10 more points all season.

Interestingly, at this stage last season Sheffield United had 55 points. They scored another 34 in their final 15 games, at 2.26 per game and finished 6 points ahead of Leeds.

We need around 1.5 points per game from now on to more or less be sure of the playoffs.

To reach 90 points we would need 2.6 per game. Very tall order for any side.

But to reach 85 we would need around 2 points per game. That's an improvement on our current 1.74 per game, but not undoable.
I like to leave the statistical analysis for the work week, but in simplistic terms: we are now in a.position where if we win one more game than the teams around us, we have automatic promotion.

We are completely capable of doing that. ( Just look at the current form table)

Sows a beast, he just unsettles the opposition. Just watched bench cam about 5 times, the spirit is the best it's been on decades. Every player even the ones who have not played are kicking every ball, even muric is involved. Lamouchi has to take so much credit in pulling this group together and getting then all to believe in each other.

Sow walks a fine line, one or two unnecessary fouls, but booked for a dive by the Leeds player. Alioski could have been sent off more than once.
Yes, he plays the role that was much easier a couple of decades ago when you could leave the foot in on your first couple of tackles to tell the man you were marking that you were there. (Psycho style) Now you have to get really tight on them and physically stop them from turning to have the same effect.
He plays that perfectly. (Makes me wish i was still playing when i watch him)

Yes, he plays the role that was much easier a couple of decades ago when you could leave the foot in on your first couple of tackles to tell the man you were marking that you were there. (Psycho style) Now you have to get really tight on them and physically stop them from turning to have the same effect.
He plays that perfectly. (Makes me wish i was still playing when i watch him)
I'd worry if we went up and he was quite as aggressive.

Two clear fouls in the first two minutes, clearly designed to have that effect (telling opponents he was there) - worked out well, but another ref would have booked him and he'd have spent 88 minutes walking a tightrope. Just rein it in a little!

I'd worry if we went up and he was quite as aggressive.

Two clear fouls in the first two minutes, clearly designed to have that effect (telling opponents he was there) - worked out well, but another ref would have booked him and he'd have spent 88 minutes walking a tightrope. Just rein it in a little!
I thought the funniest bit was when he ran up to the ref trying to get the Leeds player booked for exactly the type of challenge he makes regularly.

I'm fine with him playing that way, once he's been booked he does ease off a bit. He's quite good at befriending the refs gives them his big smile acts all innocent, when he's not in the side we do lack that edge in the middle. Wouldn't be surprised if he's rested Tuesday, he's got strapping on his knee so would be sensible but then Watson could do with a break shame yacob isn't here still.