AFC Bournemouth v Aston Villa (Saturday 1 February 2020): Match Thread | Page 34 | Vital Football

AFC Bournemouth v Aston Villa (Saturday 1 February 2020): Match Thread

I think this is mentioned during about 20 pages of posts, but our defending... we look like a combination of headless chickens and schoolboys chasing shadows.

The marking is atrocious, the players don’t know who they’re marking.

Talk about leadership, Jack is a captain who leads by example and Mings is a motivator. We need an organiser in the team the sort of thing JT did on the pitch, who takes that role? I don’t see anyone capable.

Mings looked like he wanted to get booked and play pantomime villain.

Last edited:
I would have much rather won the league game. Dean played our best players in that game when it should have been the 2nd string. We will NOT win the cup, I can 100% assure my prediction, just a waste of player fitness and risking further injury.

Modern football...eh...modern fans...eh.
So I am supposed to choose between winning games .

Call me old fashioned but I am not choosing between winning games. Fcuk that . I want to win every game. Fact.

So your original post which I regarded as being over the top nonsense has been replaced by another post....of......over the top nonsense.
1. To say no one cares about the cup final....more over the top nonsense.
2. I tend to go to most matches so I can’t direct you to any particular channel but watching the whole match when televised live on Sky or BT is probably better than a 5 minute clip on Match of the Day or a 30 second clip on Midlands Today. Based on being at most games I’d say we’ve played some very good football in patches this season so to suggest we haven’t played any......more over the top nonsense.
3. If Leicester had taken their chances first leg and Nyland hadn’t played well second leg we would have lost.....bit like saying if Bournemouth hadn’t scored their two goals yesterday we would have won......more over the top nonsense.
4. Smith is incapable.....despite getting us promoted 7 months after joining the club and reaching a cup final....more over the top nonsense.
5. I’m stupid? Probably closer to the truth than all of the nonsense above. :tophat:

1. If you ever notice there are many who do not care about cups until probably we are in the semis etc. I personally do not like it when we play our 2nd string in any cup competition.

2. Playing " good football in patches " is why we are where we are. I am yet to see good football in patches unless you mean when Jack has the ball.

3. The point I was trying to make was that beating a team like Leicester would have been something to be proud of if we were to actually play better and not just because your goalkeeper keeps you in the game.

4. I doubt you even watched us play in the championship anywhere because if you did you would not have said that Smith was responsible for the promotion. It was mainly due to Jack. Can you explain why were absolutely garbage when Jack was injured before he returned to contribute single handedly almost to put us on a 10 match unbeaten streak and why when he was injured this season we looked the worst we have seen us look this season?

5. Closer to the truth you say you are...😂😂 I forgot we are passing the ball better than Man City !!

I think this is mentioned during about 20 pages of posts, but our defending... we look like a combination of headless chickens and schoolboys chasing shadows.

The marking is atrocious, the players don’t know who they’re marking.

Talk about leadership, Jack is a captain who leads by example and Mings is a motivator. We need an organiser in the team the sort of thing JT did on the pitch, who takes that role? I don’t see anyone capable.

Mings looked like he wanted to get booked and play pantomime villain.

Mings is anything but a motivator. How can I as a player be motivated when the person who is the motivator makes careless mistakes like that ?

Mings is anything but a motivator. How can I as a player be motivated when the person who is the motivator makes careless mistakes like that ?

I know this won’t be popular amongst Villa fans and I do like Mings as much as the next guy, he has been a breath of fresh air. But if I’m really honest there’s no way he should get near an England starting line up, I honestly think his concentration levels can’t handle club and international at the moment, with all he does off the pitch too with his academy.

Equally, against world class opposition in front of the nation, it could also be very career limiting if he is as sloppy and careless as he is at time for us.

I can also see a situation where if he had a few good England games his head might start wondering, so I’d rather him be on the fringes keeping his motivation up but allowing him to concentrate on the villa.

I don’t give a shit about England anymore especially with that clown Southgate in charge, so the more Mings concentrates for us the better.

Just so frustrating, we cannot seem to get motivated and match other teams tenacity ( if they are up for it like yesterday ).

Bad call on bringing Reina back IMO, sends wrong message.

I think 40 points will be needed to stay up so we need to improve last 13 games, can only see us looking better when McGinn comes back and is fully fit so it is gonna be tight.

1. If you ever notice there are many who do not care about cups until probably we are in the semis etc. I personally do not like it when we play our 2nd string in any cup competition.

2. Playing " good football in patches " is why we are where we are. I am yet to see good football in patches unless you mean when Jack has the ball.

3. The point I was trying to make was that beating a team like Leicester would have been something to be proud of if we were to actually play better and not just because your goalkeeper keeps you in the game.

4. I doubt you even watched us play in the championship anywhere because if you did you would not have said that Smith was responsible for the promotion. It was mainly due to Jack. Can you explain why were absolutely garbage when Jack was injured before he returned to contribute single handedly almost to put us on a 10 match unbeaten streak and why when he was injured this season we looked the worst we have seen us look this season?

5. Closer to the truth you say you are...😂😂 I forgot we are passing the ball better than Man City !!

Langoe66 goes home and away everywhere , so try not to give it the "do you go to the games" thing or he could start comparing notes with you .

Mike even when we had all those players you mentioned and leave Jack out our results and performances have been worse than it currently is. Remember our perhaps worst performance of the season vs Wolves away? Remember the championship where we were rubbish during Jack's injury absence before we went on a 10 man winning run after his return?
To be fair one of our best performances of the season against Liverpool at home was without Jack.

Langoe66 goes home and away everywhere , so try not to give it the "do you go to the games" thing or he could start comparing notes with you .

He can go wherever he wants to but that does not mean I have to agree with what he says ! The only thing we have in common is we want the best for our beloved Villa !

Has anyone explained how the Bournemouth keeper got away with punching Engels in the face without giving away a penalty? We've had days of constantly being told Leicester should have had a penalty but they ignore an even more obvious one when its us. Fuck VAR.

What a load of waffle......and you’re making a good job of continuing to make judgements which are completely over the top in my opinion...the latest being Jack was the only reason for promotion....nonsense! Of course he was instrumental but to say it was all down to him is just ridiculous....Mings, McGinn, Tammy....? The only other point I’d like to reply to is point 4.....’ I doubt you watched us play in the championship’...throughout our 3 seasons in the championship I went to every home game and around 75% of away games...I’d do the same if we’re in the National League, through thick and thin I’ll support the team and will always look for positives as well as criticising when I see fit. There’s plenty to be concerned about at present but it’s what I perceive to be the over the top negativity about absolutely everything which I find difficult to comprehend.

I was very pessimistic yesterday and had a feeling that all was lost this morning so I did the table predictor, fairly, only giving us points where neutrals would, and I still have us staying up at the expense of Norwich, West Ham and Watford. We might be ok.

I'm gobsmacked by all this "I'd rather have lost to Leicester so we could concentrate on Bournemouth" rubbish. There is absolutely no guarantee that throwing the semi-final would have meant we won yesterday.

Personally, I'd rather be in a cup final than not, considering we may well have lost to Bournemouth in any case.

Morning all - first post on here, Tuesday's game is no more than an excuse and a Final at Wembley is just 1 extra game in the last 3.5 months of the season.

Without Jack we would have been bottom half last season and for all that we've spent the average per player isn't much. We have played some great stuff in spells but individual errors, a lack of stamina to boss it for 90 mins and players not giving 100% has cost us dearly.

Defensively we are so bad - marking, tracking runs, back post - when we have JT as a coach! In the first half of the season we took the lead but couldn't defend it and would tire, now we're chasing every game and giving the ball away under no pressure. Crossing from the full-backs is dire and our midfield too lightweight.

We deserve to be where we are, I like the look of Samatta and think he'll link well with Jack as he's got good movement but we have to start much better & press. We are still in it but only WHU left to play of the teams around us.

On Smith - tactically he's not at the level of other managers in this league, which is why we've conceded so many winning positions and have the 2nd worst defensive record.

What a load of waffle......and you’re making a good job of continuing to make judgements which are completely over the top in my opinion...the latest being Jack was the only reason for promotion....nonsense! Of course he was instrumental but to say it was all down to him is just ridiculous....Mings, McGinn, Tammy....? The only other point I’d like to reply to is point 4.....’ I doubt you watched us play in the championship’...throughout our 3 seasons in the championship I went to every home game and around 75% of away games...I’d do the same if we’re in the National League, through thick and thin I’ll support the team and will always look for positives as well as criticising when I see fit. There’s plenty to be concerned about at present but it’s what I perceive to be the over the top negativity about absolutely everything which I find difficult to comprehend.

Based on your 75% visits can you explain the following?

Can you explain why we were absolutely garbage when Jack was injured before he returned to contribute single handedly almost to put us on a 10 match unbeaten streak and why when he was injured this season we looked the worst we have seen us look this season?