The Official Dean Smith Thread | Page 142 | Vital Football

The Official Dean Smith Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anything less than 4 points from the next 2 games against Brighton and Watford and his position has to be under serious threat.

Yep, Sadly you are right Purslow or Suso won't take the can for these crap buys, the manager will be the fall guy. Smith says he watched some of them when he was at Brentford which means he was looking at Championship players from the Belgian league , He has to take the can for those but who the hell bought the Egyptian Messi and the Brazilian Wesley, I still think they were down to appeasing the owners .

No u
Anything less than 4 points from the next 2 games against Brighton and Watford and his position has to be under serious threat.
On the 12th January 2019 we lost 3-0 to Wigan and many were already writing off Dean Smith and any chances of promotion or even play offs. Some were even saying that relegation was a possibility.
We were taken apart by the best and one of the most expensively assembled teams in the world who could afford to have England's preferred striker on the bench. This happened one year to the day from that result against Wigan. What happened after that result in 2019 went down in history and as a result, Dean Smith was seen as a genius and the right man for the job of restoring our great club to its rightful position. He needed to bring in players last January and get them performing. I remember many being underwhelmed by the signing of Mings, but look where he is now as a member of the England set up and will probably play in the Euros - when did we last have a regular England team player?
Losing key players does disrupt the team and McGinn is a big loss - not just for his play but the impact he has on those around him. Will Spurs miss Kane? You betcha!! The 'Special One' had to play Delli Ali as a striker at the weekend.
We will get a striker and others in for reinforcements in this window but Dean Smith is not going to drop hints to some cheapo Sky interviewer.
I think Drinkwater will be a good addition and it was unfortunate that he had to debut against Citeh on a day that they decided to turn on the style just to remind Liverpool that they should not be written off.
Dean Smith was the man in January 2019 and is still the man in January 2020.Just be patient and I am still convinced that we will achieve 17th (or better) this season.

I would imagine the blame game will be passed from the manager criticising Suso ( and I wonder if that has already started?) then eventually Purslow would get it in the ear from Sawiris and Edens so in order to protect his own position Purslow will sack them both and instal a new manager first and then a new Sporting Director?

It's a problem created from the hierarchy of the club so even Purslow better watch out as I can't see either Sawiris or Edens (particularly Sawiris) putting up with this ill-thought-out transfer policy and ignoring the fact we needed another forward before the season started.

Meanwhile, Dean Smith is the fall guy in all this but having said that he clearly appears to be unable to get the best out of what he has got so at the moment so he really needs to get his act together or he will be the first to go.

However, as SD said, just who is available and best suited to run our club?

I don't know!

Since Man Utd game something has happened in that dressing room.

I reckon 10 games now we have been terrible bar 1 or 2 halves, he can not get any type of reaction from them now.

The body language and effort yesterday was absolutely pathetic and his response in interviews was a fucking joke.

Where has the " we will go toe to toe " with anyone ? His teams do not look fit enough or even organised.

Let`s play 8 at the back but not challenge or look defensively tight.

He continues to pick Luiz when he cannot tackle ( yesterday by all accounts he did not make 1 ).

He also picks Elmo when Guilbert is better, he`s losing the plot.

Yep, Sadly you are right Purslow or Suso won't take the can for these crap buys, the manager will be the fall guy. Smith says he watched some of them when he was at Brentford which means he was looking at Championship players from the Belgian league , He has to take the can for those but who the hell bought the Egyptian Messi and the Brazilian Wesley, I still think they were down to appeasing the owners .

Trez was just a marketing tool.

I wouldn’t want Rogers. Any manager who says he is going to start writing a new history for the club on the eve of an important semi final is a fool. Even Pep or Klopp don’t talk of winning anything until it’s won. We’re now odds on to go down and Dean is looking like he hasn’t got the brain at this level, or he’s perhaps too nice a bloke, who knows. However, these top managers never go to a club that’s on the brink with few cards to play. I’d already be speaking to Sam to instill some bottle and basics into this lot. I’d give Dean two more games max.

And so it continues. Deano not exactly inspiring confidence after some dubious team selections and the team consistently looking off the pace and not stepping up even basic effort to compete. They are just not putting in the effort required which Deano has to but has yet to address.

The next 3 games are going to be critical. Get 6 points from those and we might just scrape survival. But less than 4 points and some shit lack lustre performances and then I think that the club need to bite the bullet and get rid now rather than wait.

Trez was just a marketing tool.
Trez outshone Salah at African Cup of Nations according to loads of reports before we were linked and he definitely improved us coming on yesterday.

Having to buy half a PL squad for £140m is loaded with risk and that's all we need to explain some of our signings being less than spectacular. No need to resort to conspiracy.

Trez outshone Salah at African Cup of Nations according to loads of reports before we were linked and he definitely improved us coming on yesterday.

Having to buy half a PL squad for £140m is loaded with risk and that's all we need to explain some of our signings being less than spectacular. No need to resort to conspiracy.

I like Trez with his direct approach and energy. Thought Anwar did as much as he could yesterday as well.
Dean could see yesterday that, by and large, you get what you pay for.

Status
Not open for further replies.