Promotion or Tories Out? | Page 74 | Vital Football

Promotion or Tories Out?

I've already comprehensively debunked that.

Life experience isn't the same as education. You might try to equivocate them. I'm not saying they aren't of equal worth. But they aren't the same thing.

The higher level of educational qualifications you have, the more likely to vote remain. Simple as that.

A similar correlation can be found with those who vote right wing actually
Could you clarify that last line, Pope?

Could be read as 'The higher level of educational qualifications you have, the more likely you are to vote right wing', but I hope that's not what you mean.

Erm if you care to go back several pips you will see I am a life long Labour voter who will be voting Green.

Thats the problem, you're blinded by your own "facts". You're as big a problem as the right
Erm if you care to go back several pips you will see I am a life long Labour voter who will be voting Green.

Thats the problem, you're blinded by your own "facts". You're as big a problem as the right
Sorry I got that so wrong. I would love a left coalition But thats never going to happen. I think Labour are more close to the greens on policy than they ever have been. I don't think I am blinded. I think the Tory govt have gotten away with murder since 2010. And a Johnson govt will be much worse.

If you can't see the bias at the bbc then it's you that's blind.

Sorry I got that so wrong. I would love a left coalition But thats never going to happen. I think Labour are more close to the greens on policy than they ever have been. I don't think I am blinded. I think the Tory govt have gotten away with murder since 2010. And a Johnson govt will be much worse.

I don't think the BBC is biased against Corbyn in particular. They are biased against anyone who challenges the 'current political consensus' because the BBC is part of the establishment.
They only hate Corbyn in exactly the same way that they hate Tommy Robinson or Trump.

Its worth digging up what the BBC were saying about the tories when Blair was in charge.

Last edited:
Could you clarify that last line, Pope?

Could be read as 'The higher level of educational qualifications you have, the more likely you are to vote right wing', but I hope that's not what you mean.
No, the opposite.

The correlation between being right wing and education is similar to the correlation between education and voting leave. Two articles in the Mail of all places pick this up, although in this case it is talking about intelligence rather than education level.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.da...conservative-politics-lead-people-racist.html

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.da...ight-wing-That-depends-define-left-right.html

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/lif...igence-with-right-wing-beliefs/article543361/

No, the opposite.

The correlation between being right wing and education is similar to the correlation between education and voting leave. Two articles in the Mail of all places pick this up, although in this case it is talking about intelligence rather than education level.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.da...conservative-politics-lead-people-racist.html

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.da...ight-wing-That-depends-define-left-right.html

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/lif...igence-with-right-wing-beliefs/article543361/
Another conundrum worth considering. Whats best, education or intelligence? Personally I think a balance of both.

No, the opposite.

First of all it's well known that teachers and University lecturers are more left wing (probably like politicians and never worked in the real world) , and are probably brainwashing the students. Secondly it's nearly always been the case that you start off as being idealistic. As you get older you realise that what the politicians tell you doesn't happen, and that you actually have more to lose under left wing policies. People say that JC won't spend any more than Germany, Sweden etc, but taxes on LOWER EARNERS are much higher there.

Our household income is currently £12k per year. (Vast baby boomer pensions between two !) Yes I have saved up over 40 years at work, but I need that money to live on. It's funny that everyone thinks BJ is a liar (probably true) and won't deliver on what he says. Yet they dote on every word JC says. I don't disagree with a lot of what JC says in fantasy world, but if everything was renationalised I would want the Tories running them, not the unions. Everyone thinks that Brexit will cause problems, but they will be nothing compared to JC and his cronies. They will cause mass unemployment, and take us back to the seventies with secondary picketing.

Very strange that historically the working classes voted Labour, yet people with the ability to run companies and get rich voted Tory. There is a vast difference between the current Tory Party and Blair Labour Party, and people who are extreme right wing and extreme left wing.

First of all it's well known that teachers and University lecturers are more left wing (probably like politicians and never worked in the real world) , and are probably brainwashing the students.

I stopped reading here.

I thought we had been having an amicable and thought provoking debate, rather than trying to be offensive to one another.

Clearly I misunderstood.

Debate over

I don't disagree with a lot of what JC says in fantasy world, but if everything was renationalised I would want the Tories running them, not the unions. Everyone thinks that Brexit will cause problems, but they will be nothing compared to JC and his cronies. They will cause mass unemployment, and take us back to the seventies with secondary picketing.

Yeah because this happened in every other developed nation with left leaning economic policy.
Like for example..............

Unlike bojo who is always willing to take part in debates and interviews with journalists, no strings attached.

Unlike bojo who started as a remainer and then flip flopped to the leave side because he saw an opportunity.

Unlike bojo who says the NHS will not be part of any trade deal but happily hosted a pro US think tank at the foreign office whose main target is the NHS.

Unlike bojo who is a charlatan and that's putting it politely.

Bojo and his cohorts are using the working class for their own ends. They couldn't care less about the anywhere north of Watford . You've been had good and proper.

What's this specific threat that Corby possesses? I am genuinely interested.

- Agree with you re interviews, Johnson should front up and do the Neil interview.

- As you know, Dustbyn has been a life-long critic of the EU but has undergone an amazing conversion to Remain. Man of principle by backside.

- The NHS for sale? Yeah of course, when all else fails wheel out the old comfort blanket. Dustbyn's "revelation" on Thursday that the NHS is "on the table" in trade negotiations with the US has been proven to be bullshit.

- Charlatan? Kettle, black, Dustbyn is a liar and a hypocrite, see above.

- Using the working class? Dustbyn and his cabal, i.e. McDonnell, Milne, Lansman, Marriot et al have complete contempt for the working class and have no idea of life beyond their North London bubble.

- Threat? Dustbyn is a known terrorist sympathiser, counts members of Sinn Fein, Hamas and Hezbollah as his "friends". Refused to condemn Russia for the Novichock attacks, stated that Bin laden "should have been arrested" - good luck with that one, I 'spose he would have led the extraction force -, likewise Al Baghdadi, wants to withdraw from NATO, etc, etc. So yes, he's a threat to national security.

To reiterate, I'm no fan of Johnson but I'd take him anytime over
Dustbyn.

First of all it's well known that teachers and University lecturers are more left wing (probably like politicians and never worked in the real world) , and are probably brainwashing the students.
Three errors just in your first sentence. Absolute nonsense.

Using the working class? Dustbyn and his cabal, i.e. McDonnell, Milne, Lansman, Marriot et al have complete contempt for the working class and have no idea of life beyond their North London bubble.
Wanna read that back, see how mind numbingly stupid it is, and have a word with yourself?
And while you do that remember this is to contrast with Boris Johnson and his cabal (Rees Mogg etc).

Johnson won't even disclose how many of his own children that he's abandoned. If you have kids and vote Tory, especially given their refusal to engage in climate change then you really are a mug who is fucking their future.

I don't give a monkey's how many kids he has or hasn't got.

I see a government with the likes of Corby and McDonnell at its head as more of an imminent existential threat to my kids future.

Wanna read that back, see how mind numbingly stupid it is, and have a word with yourself?
And while you do that remember this is to contrast with Boris Johnson and his cabal (Rees Mogg etc).

Do you want to read it again and realise how stupid, naïve and ingenuous you are to think otherwise?

Why not start at the beginning.
Just Wikipedia John McDonnell and see if that reads as a man with "a complete contempt for the working class".

I don't want to spend my time defending him and a party I won't be voting for but that's just absolute nonsense.

I am not blinded by the fact that taxes will be higher than they have been for every person in the UK since 1950s (post war recovery) to fund this ridiculous spending spree on nationalisation.

..and now the Conservative manifesto in relation to the economy has been identified as similar to Eds in 2015. A very leftist manifesto.

A little more to the centre they go.

First of all it's well known that teachers and University lecturers are more left wing (probably like politicians and never worked in the real world) , and are probably brainwashing the students. Secondly it's nearly always been the case that you start off as being idealistic. As you get older you realise that what the politicians tell you doesn't happen, and that you actually have more to lose under left wing policies. People say that JC won't spend any more than Germany, Sweden etc, but taxes on LOWER EARNERS are much higher there.

Our household income is currently £12k per year. (Vast baby boomer pensions between two !) Yes I have saved up over 40 years at work, but I need that money to live on. It's funny that everyone thinks BJ is a liar (probably true) and won't deliver on what he says. Yet they dote on every word JC says. I don't disagree with a lot of what JC says in fantasy world, but if everything was renationalised I would want the Tories running them, not the unions. Everyone thinks that Brexit will cause problems, but they will be nothing compared to JC and his cronies. They will cause mass unemployment, and take us back to the seventies with secondary picketing.

Very strange that historically the working classes voted Labour, yet people with the ability to run companies and get rich voted Tory. There is a vast difference between the current Tory Party and Blair Labour Party, and people who are extreme right wing and extreme left wing.

Having given lectures in university modules i can tell you that students are taught to analyse evidence and make their own minds up, there is no brain washing going on. There is the usual game playing at the management level. The real brain washing is occurring through the low level and low quality of debate, perpetuated by lazy politicians and abetted by most media across all platforms imo

Working class voters swinging to the right was predicted 30plus years ago and is a result of generational value shift. (Any geeks out there can check out Ronald Inglehert, 1992/5) It is the counter intuitive answer as to why poor people would vote for a **** like johnson.

The challenge for the left is to break through the disenchantment with a coherent plan. We have to wait to see how close lqbour can get- i think its closer than the polls suggest, pope is probably right that many of us will be holding our nose voting labour but cant vote for a lying cynical and very obviously selfish johnson.