Tottenham Hotspur vs Sheffield United FC (The Blades founded 1889) | Page 17 | Vital Football

Tottenham Hotspur vs Sheffield United FC (The Blades founded 1889)

Also he is not in tune with the team yet.

Nick, not a dig at your post, but a point that should be addressed....perhaps in reverse?!

IMO, we have talent coached out of our players, something many posters have commented on. Most become zombies and 'safe option' passing types demonstrating sideways and backwards of Poch's philosophy. So, I argue, the newbies should not be made to get in to tune with the zombies, but the existing stale players need to reach up to the newcomers' wavelength. Else before you know it, Lo Celso and NDombele will become trademark bland players.

IMO, we are in desperate need of a coach that can unshackle these players to express themselves. That's what 'Arry did and Rodgers is doing @ Leicester. IMO, Poch is way too much hooked on technology to help make decision, where the old fashioned use of the eye in a game can make him more proactive. FFS, never seen a coach so slow reacting to indifferent performance, relying on discussions based on what the iPad is showing him.

In fact i am convinced if I was to give Poch Messi (not Edwards type), he'd bring him down a few notches and none of our players will be in tune with him!

Kane, Son, Lamela, Moura, and Alli have all retained their expressive style of play. Son is criticized for being selfish, Alli for his flicks, Kane has started to show a more creative side , Lamela has not changed his style of play, Moura does not defend much. That's 5 players Poch has not had a detrimental effect on. Eriksen has another agenda of his own, I dont believe Poch has coached creativeness out of him. Sissoko has been transformed into a virtually unique player whereas before he was a liability.

One way to think about it is if a new manager walked into our club next week what would they do? It would be about getting 40 points first and foremost as losing top 4 is a given. Finishing 5th to 12th is what it's all about i.e. staying away from the relegation dogfight. That makes it about a simple formation with clearly defined roles focusing on defence and the spine of the team. Make us hard to beat and start to turn draws into wins.

That unfortunately means that our luxury players might be spending more time on the bench than they want. I wouldn't be against Davies and Foyth installed as defensive minded full-backs with Dier sitting in front of Toby and Sanchez. I would want Son and Kane in the team though as they are our best bet of scoring. That leaves 3 places and with Lo Celso's work-rate and abilities he'd be one of them.

So 2 places for Sissoko, Winks, Dele, Ndombele, Lamela, Moura etc depending on whether it's 4-2-3-1, 4-3-3 or 4-4-2.

So the article is OK, but it's still about trying to get us from mid-table to top 4. That shouldn't be our mindset right now until the 40 points are secured.

One way to think about it is if a new manager walked into our club next week what would they do? It would be about getting 40 points first and foremost as losing top 4 is a given. Finishing 5th to 12th is what it's all about i.e. staying away from the relegation dogfight. That makes it about a simple formation with clearly defined roles focusing on defence and the spine of the team. Make us hard to beat and start to turn draws into wins.

That unfortunately means that our luxury players might be spending more time on the bench than they want. I wouldn't be against Davies and Foyth installed as defensive minded full-backs with Dier sitting in front of Toby and Sanchez. I would want Son and Kane in the team though as they are our best bet of scoring. That leaves 3 places and with Lo Celso's work-rate and abilities he'd be one of them.

So 2 places for Sissoko, Winks, Dele, Ndombele, Lamela, Moura etc depending on whether it's 4-2-3-1, 4-3-3 or 4-4-2.

So the article is OK, but it's still about trying to get us from mid-table to top 4. That shouldn't be our mindset right now until the 40 points are secure

Don't forget that the ref's were conspiring against us!
Seeing as how you said that they only have the hump with us for one or two games I just assumed that the two game barrier had been breached for these two refs !
we will just have to ride out all the the others now !

The second point....drop Aurier I agree with. I was prepared to give him time and hoped his head was sorted by he is too unreliable.
The third point...play Ndombele further up, I dont agree with, partly because of the reasons in point one but because I dont think that is what he was bought for and we shouldn't be changing our set up to accommodate his shortcomings.

The 4 th point....get more service into Kane surely has already been addressed or attempted with our 3 new signings. All creative chance making players. Eriksen used to serve Kane so these 3 need to fill the void . It's a bit early due to injuries to all 3 to judge whether or not they can do it.

The fifth point is all very well and exciting but it's our coaching staffs job to decide when these youngsters are ready. KWP and Skipp still cant get in the side, Parrott and Tanganga are being worked on , the latter hasn't committed to a new contract yet !! Amos, CCV , Marsh and Roles all got sent out on loan, Roles perhaps shining the most but at a lowish level compared to Amos and CCV. I am certainly not seeing youth as the answer to our problems unless Parrott starts pulling up trees maybe.

The one thing for certain the refs conspiracies are getting stronger, they conspired to make sure we didn't lose, and that Manure and Liverpool didn't

Do'you reckon that get together on whatsapp and decide who they and VAR can fuck up next?
Whatever they get together on , be it WhatsApp, Facebook ,instagram , CBeebies , tinder , grinder , minder , arsepost , wonderblunder , whatevertheweatheragram , they sure are fucking up a lot of teams with their total incompetence being exposed week in , week out . Could you imagine a linesman standing there thinking for three and a half minutes, deciding whether a player was off ‘kin side or not. It’s absolutely mind blowing.
The beautiful game is a funny old game and not many weeks into the season we have a major meeting to try and iron out the ridiculous situations we all predicted two years ago .
i wouldn't doubt that they actually do all get together on a Monday on Whatfaceagram and discuss their fuck ups and all the implications , because somebody sure has to.
I see now that there will be no charges brought against Guardiola for his rant and slanging of Oliver and Riley and VAR . Shame cos he could have contested that and brought it all out for discussion .

Rant Over !!!!!!!!! Back into my darkened room again !

The second point....drop Aurier I agree with. I was prepared to give him time and hoped his head was sorted by he is too unreliable.
The third point...play Ndombele further up, I dont agree with, partly because of the reasons in point one but because I dont think that is what he was bought for and we shouldn't be changing our set up to accommodate his shortcomings.

On this point, what's more important is not playing 3 box to box midfielders of Sissoko, Ndombele and Lo Celso unless they take more responsibility. It's OK having that energy and ability but the first 20 mins on Sat was a disgrace. Dier kept getting dragged out from centre half as the 3 of them just hadn't use their brains. They sort of set the the tone for the match and left our defence exposed. We'd be better off with one that holds like Dier or Winks if they haven't got the discipline.

On this point, what's more important is not playing 3 box to box midfielders of Sissoko, Ndombele and Lo Celso unless they take more responsibility. It's OK having that energy and ability but the first 20 mins on Sat was a disgrace. Dier kept getting dragged out from centre half as the 3 of them just hadn't use their brains. They sort of set the the tone for the match and left our defence exposed. We'd be better off with one that holds like Dier or Winks if they haven't got the discipline.

I agree, the MF has to work as a unit. That was my point about being integrated and in tune. Ndombele and Loco are going to want to impress, possibly to the detriment of the unit.

Good read Spesh.Makes a lot of sense.

https://www.football.london/tottenham-hotspur-fc/news/5-ways-mauricio-pochettino-can-17236283

This is what many of us have been calling for. Basic simple logic that does not take much football knowledge to fathom. If these basic 5 steps are all we need to turn our club around, then Poch needs to go yesterday.

Not fixing the Kyle Walker replacement situation is a massive crime, and using Serge as a fake fix is even greater.

Oh yes, the article all makes sense, but allowing us to be in this situation in the first place does not.

https://www.football.london/tottenham-hotspur-fc/news/5-ways-mauricio-pochettino-can-17236283

This is what many of us have been calling for. Basic simple logic that does not take much football knowledge to fathom. If these basic 5 steps are all we need to turn our club around, then Poch needs to go yesterday.

Not fixing the Kyle Walker replacement situation is a massive crime, and using Serge as a fake fix is even greater.

Oh yes, the article all makes sense, but allowing us to be in this situation in the first place does not.
The 5 steps are not what we need to turn us around. I only agree with the second one and its hardly momentous dropping one player. Right now it means Foyth or KWP playing there which is not exactly PL standard.

So how about we write our own 5 steps, maybe not all 5 , even just one each and we can select the most logical and pertinent. It needs to be a quick fix though to keep is in the PL initially to allow the rebuild which I think we are agreed is required.

As I have mentioned a number of times Kane hardly receives any service let alone no balls passed to him from Son.. This breeds atmosphere of greediness on both players because likewise Kane never feels like he should pass to Son.

On the last analysis it is up TO OUR F MANAGER TO SORT IT OUT BECAUSE IF WE CAN NOTICE THESE FAULTS SURELY HE SHOULD. FFS HE IS PAID BIG BUCKS TO MAKE DECISIONS = MOPO F OUT ASAP

Whatever they get together on , be it WhatsApp, Facebook ,instagram , CBeebies , tinder , grinder , minder , arsepost , wonderblunder , whatevertheweatheragram , they sure are fucking up a lot of teams with their total incompetence being exposed week in , week out . Could you imagine a linesman standing there thinking for three and a half minutes, deciding whether a player was off ‘kin side or not. It’s absolutely mind blowing.
The beautiful game is a funny old game and not many weeks into the season we have a major meeting to try and iron out the ridiculous situations we all predicted two years ago .
i wouldn't doubt that they actually do all get together on a Monday on Whatfaceagram and discuss their fuck ups and all the implications , because somebody sure has to.
I see now that there will be no charges brought against Guardiola for his rant and slanging of Oliver and Riley and VAR . Shame cos he could have contested that and brought it all out for discussion .

Rant Over !!!!!!!!! Back into my darkened room again !

WW, absolutely love it when you go off the reservation!!!! Brilliant!

Sorry but we should be changing our set up to maximise his strengths...something Poch fails to do with players like Moura...if what you say is correct why did Poch buy these players?

The 5 steps are not what we need to turn us around. I only agree with the second one and its hardly momentous dropping one player. Right now it means Foyth or KWP playing there which is not exactly PL standard.

NRD, I completely agree that these 5 and basic steps are NOT the answer to turning Spurs back into the form we all expect. Far from it. They are simply "things' that should be happening. Kane has not had service for many months now. Our back line is a dogs breakfast.
Look, this list goes on.
Get rid of Poch, Eriksen Serge and Verts immediately. Commence the rebuild before Christmas and before we sink too low to avoid relegation.