Tottenham Hotspur vs Sheffield United FC (The Blades founded 1889) | Page 16 | Vital Football

Tottenham Hotspur vs Sheffield United FC (The Blades founded 1889)

Kane is shocking poor today

For the record, I thought that hsi poor performance - lack of movement and lack of energy was because of another poor decision by Poch and the medical team - he played midweek off the back of coming back from a virus - and then gets chucked in for a back to back game.

The reality was all our front three barely made runs or covered ground the way you'd normally expect - it was awful to watch and absolutely obvious to anyone there that they had not properly recovered from the midweek game and travel.

It killed our game as our midfield couldn't see anyone to pass into or into space as the 'attackers' were rarely moving anywhere sensible.

I find it really strange that I’m looking forward to next week because it’s the international break . I find that really sad .

The one thing for certain the refs conspiracies are getting stronger, they conspired to make sure we didn't lose, and that Manure and Liverpool didn't

Do'you reckon that get together on whatsapp and decide who they and VAR can fuck up next?

Last edited:
Another goal where Gaz doesn't dive. He is starting to really annoy me now. That's 3 goals he hasn't even bothered to move for in recent weeks. Some of you really need to take the tinted glasses off sometimes.

The amount of space and time United had when they attacked was insane. No closing down, players just jogging around. Some of you think that's a sign of a team playing for the manager?

We could have got beaten quite badly yesterday. Only by luck we didn't.

Don't forget that the ref's were conspiring against us!

For the record, I thought that hsi poor performance - lack of movement and lack of energy was because of another poor decision by Poch and the medical team - he played midweek off the back of coming back from a virus - and then gets chucked in for a back to back game.

The reality was all our front three barely made runs or covered ground the way you'd normally expect - it was awful to watch and absolutely obvious to anyone there that they had not properly recovered from the midweek game and travel.

It killed our game as our midfield couldn't see anyone to pass into or into space as the 'attackers' were rarely moving anywhere sensible.

I called this way before the team selection but almost everyone wanted the Red Star line up. 3 games in 6 days with the last one against a strong side with 7 days rest is not a good recipe.
Now its Poch's fault despite him playing the side that was asked for !!

So just take a look at the frame above, just before their goal. Once again Son is in absolute no mans land. Sanchez and Dier both free but Davies inside. Lo Celso in no mans land. Only 8 outfield players in shot, so 4 of them out of the game being way ahead of play.

How does this shit keep happening to us under Poch's management? You see it every week.

Let's just be honest here. The performance was no different to almost anything we've seen in the league since February. We've been outrun by almost every team in the league irrespective of whether we've had a midweek game or not. The stats are there to prove it. Sheffield United are probably the fittest team we have played this season. Even if we hadn't played midweek they would have still been too fit for us. We can't move forward if we continue to bury our heads in the sand.

I meant to ask, when Dele was substituted on Saturday the camera showed him mouthing something in anger. Was it directed towards Poch or something else? If it was the former he had absolutely no grounds for questioning the decision.

I meant to ask, when Dele was substituted on Saturday the camera showed him mouthing something in anger. Was it directed towards Poch or something else? If it was the former he had absolutely no grounds for questioning the decision.

Sorry, didn't see that - haven't watched the recording (couldn't put myself through that again yet!) - did any media report it?

Sorry, didn't see that - haven't watched the recording (couldn't put myself through that again yet!) - did any media report it?

My guess was that Dele had probably seen Foyth getting ready to come on and assumed that it wouldn't be him coming off. He then saw it was his number and instinctively lost the plot.

The Sunday Times reported he was unhappy at being hooked but made no reference to the gesture (if indeed that was what it was). I thought his performance was almost bordering on unprofessional at times. The number of times he carelessly gave the ball away. I can remember one incident in particular when a little flick went straight to an opponent on the halfway line, they started a counter-attack and I could see him half-heartedly start to chase back at almost walking pace. This at a time when we desperately needed to stop giving away possession so cheaply.

The Sunday Times reported he was unhappy at being hooked but made no reference to the gesture (if indeed that was what it was). I thought his performance was almost bordering on unprofessional at times. The number of times he carelessly gave the ball away. I can remember one incident in particular when a little flick went straight to an opponent on the halfway line, they started a counter-attack and I could see him half-heartedly start to chase back at almost walking pace. This at a time when we desperately needed to stop giving away possession so cheaply.

No question he was poor, and I recall that give away - no question he is struggling.

The first step is debatable. Start all 3 new signings and build the team around them. Ndombele has fitness questions, that's twice he has been injured already and has a stamina issue. Also he is not in tune with the team yet. How can you build a team around that ? Sessegnon has barely played , we dont even know what is his best position is yet, how can you build a team around that ? LoCelso looks promising but again its early days.