Who next? | Page 72 | Vital Football

Who next?

I've just listened to the podcast with Appleton. Living in Oxford, I'm familiar with how well he's regarded by the locals. He comes across as enthusiastic yet pragmatic, and I reckon he would be a good fit with our current crop of players.

He obviously has aspirations higher than L1, but is probably realistic enough to realise that he needs to rebuild his reputation at a lower level. I'd be more than happy with his appointment.

I can see why some might be ok with Appleton. He's done well at one club. Nothing much else though.

What's his Messiah credentials though?
I just can't see any myself.

When is Clive due to fly back? This will give us some indication of a likely timetable. Ironic that if we go for Appleton, his 1st game could be against his former club.

Did anyone else hear about a second round of talks with Ainsworth? I'd not seen anyone else on here mention it, but someone at work thought it was happening...

I can see why some might be ok with Appleton. He's done well at one club. Nothing much else though.

What's his Messiah credentials though?
I just can't see any myself.

Who have we ever appointed who has Messiah credentials though mate.
Our two most successful managers in Graham Taylor and DC didn't and in recent history an unproven Chris Sutton was a disaster and Steve Tilson who was appointed because of what he had achieved at his previous club who had, if you like Messiah credentials got this club relegated out of the Football League.
It really is a lottery. I'm sure Clive and the board will have gone through a very thorough selection process but when the new man is appointed it will be cross your fingers time and prepare for the worst but hope for the best.

I guess whoever is appointed is going to split the fan base which is disappointing but inevitable. Hopefully though opinions can be changed over not too much time (ideally for the better).

Our two most successful managers in Graham Taylor and DC didn't and in recent history an unproven Chris Sutton was a disaster and Steve Tilson who was appointed because of what he had achieved at his previous club who had, if you like Messiah credentials got this club relegated out of the Football League.
It really is a lottery. I'm sure Clive and the board will have gone through a very thorough selection process but when the new man is appointed it will be cross your fingers time and prepare for the worst but hope for the best.

Ahh but it got the exact response I was hoping for!! ??