Who next? | Page 70 | Vital Football

Who next?

Thommo throws his hat in the ring for the Lincoln job.......jointly with Mick Harford...........you heard it first tonight on bbc radio Lincolnshire.

Heard that too - definitely sounded like a come and get me - unless he is doing a GA using Imps managerial vacancy to prise a better deal from Radio Lincs ?

Appleton 6/5 favourite with some of the bookies and boy do we need him need this is awful.
McCombe stood with arms folded isn't what you want.

Appleton 6/5 favourite with some of the bookies and boy do we need him need this is awful.
McCombe stood with arms folded isn't what you want.
I`m on Appleton at 6/1 and after listening to his podcast he is the new messiah.

Get him in before Saturday and give the lads a boost,they will all be like monkeys running around on speed,and that`s what`s needed.

Just for interest....just had conversation with work colleague whose son is part of Mansfield's academy. It was Mansfield who approached Exeter as they are moving Dempster back to youth team as he is out of his depth. Nothing to do with Lincoln. Regardless of their defeat, Radford was looking for replacement before tonight's game and Taylor was first choice.

Just for interest....just had conversation with work colleague whose son is part of Mansfield's academy. It was Mansfield who approached Exeter as they are moving Dempster back to youth team as he is out of his depth. Nothing to do with Lincoln. Regardless of their defeat, Radford was looking for replacement before tonight's game and Taylor was first choice.
Not surprising.

Taylor is very south west though. Think Bath is the north for him?

And further to my last, info came directly from Steve Hymas who is club director and wants Dempster back running their academy

Heard that too - definitely sounded like a come and get me - unless he is doing a GA using Imps managerial vacancy to prise a better deal from Radio Lincs ?
Clive already aware of Thommo`s hamburger consumption and he said the club can`t afford it going forward given the reduced budget.
Plus the smell of those onions would clear half the occupants of the Selenity,if he was in the dugout.

Please no.

Don't want any manager who doesn't turn up to play matches.
And further to my last, info came directly from Steve Hymas who is club director and wants Dempster back running their academy
Funny, that, as a lot of Stags fans online are blaming Hymas for promoting Dempster (would never be Big John's fault...)

Pleased we have only been rejected by Gareth, it seems. Flynn been rejected by us. I feel it might well be Appleton. Very much unsure about him, mainly because I trust Luke Imp and he is dead set against him!

Dont worry about Thommos burgers and the onion smell. Appleton will empty sincil bank not just the selenity. He tends to have Ashley Westwood as his assistant. Remember that name. Let's just say he brings controversy with him. It will all play out before the end of the season. I sincerely hope the board are not sucked in by either of them at interview. It will be some show. Walk the walk not just talk the talk. Uti

Funny, that, as a lot of Stags fans online are blaming Hymas for promoting Dempster (would never be Big John's fault...)

Pleased we have only been rejected by Gareth, it seems. Flynn been rejected by us. I feel it might well be Appleton. Very much unsure about him, mainly because I trust Luke Imp and he is dead set against him!

Me too although I'm keen the more I've read about him / the bit I listened to linked earlier here. I know there's one poster still upset about Blackpool, but they dropped all the way to L2 after and he only lost twice over a couple of months... Would see us as a not all too dissimilar profile to Oxford where he did well.

Haha, behave!

Not dead set against him, his record outside Oxford is pretty poor although having read one of the articles posted on here about him, it seems Oxford was the only stable Club he managed (although I'd question why he opted for Blackpool and Blackburn because everyone knew their situations at the time).

Didn't realise he was at Portsmouth when they went into Admin, mind. That explains that one.

He has a 40%+ win percentage at Oxford. I feel people just think he’s done the rounds because of the clubs before. Incidentally he was interviewed for QPR in the summer, and even Portsmouth fans are saying they would consider him when Kenny Jacket gets the sack.

I just don’t feel we will get a manager with an exemplary track record. Ainsworth and Flynn good hardworking managers, one promotion between them and both play football that may not suit our current squad make up.

It’s very difficult to replace your manager in mid September.