Match Thread: Lincoln City v Bristol Rovers | Page 12 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City v Bristol Rovers

is that 6 in 7 we’ve lost? Really poor today because they were terrible. Too many players ahead of the ball and an empty midfield. 0-1 down and then nothing from us.

Watching on ifollow.. penalty seemed to be their player falling into Eardley. Possibly Eardley was pulling him but couldnt see that.. looked an odd one.

No, he ran into Eardley. There wasn't even a challenge on the Rovers forward.

However, even allowing for the clear as crystal penalty we should have had early in the game, it's only one point dropped because no way did the team do enough in that match to earn a win against a well set up side.

Penalty was an unbelievable decision, he can't have seen it. There wasn't a challenge. Didn't get much else right either, and thought it looked like a pen in the first half.

I know people like Payne a lot and he's clearly a talented player but definitely not motm for me. Too clever by half around the edge of the box, wasting too many good positions when we found it tough to get the ball through to him anyway.

No, he ran into Eardley. There wasn't even a challenge on the Rovers forward.

However, even allowing for the clear as crystal penalty we should have had early in the game, it's only one point dropped because no way did the team do enough in that match to earn a win against a well set up side.

What are you on about Brendan. Because you think we were only good enough to get a point at the most which we didn't anyway it's only only one point dropped.
Err I think which ever way you are trying to dress it up we dropped 3 points today. We lost.

The phrase on everyone's lips today was "The King is Dead, Long Live the King." I'm all for that, but we don't have a new king yet. McCombe is more like the Lord Protector, and any slim chance he had of becoming the new monarch was surely snuffed out today. So for now, the sentence ends at "The King is Dead", and that uncertainty isn't good for anyone. We have to make the right decision, because today's performance was a warning sign of what could happen if we don't.

Any physicists on the Board? Just trying to figure out the mechanics of that dive for their penalty. Jump in the air and move towards the opposition player at the same time, then exaggerating a bounce the other way, followed by a theatrical roll or two. Incredible stuff - like something from The Exorcist.

I am not quite sure what I saw there. I was tripping on Day Nurse, for man flu, 2 hours kip, after working third night shift and just feeling like my head was in a large plastic bucket with someone beating a ladel on all sides.

I think the ref must have been tripping on some better substance, as I didn't see what was going on.

Our forward play was poor and we need a manager in quickly. I am hoping for Ainsworth, but my sleep deprived and Day Nurse addled brain is now thinking we probably won't appoint him. Which makes me sad.

One thing it did solve is that this is not a job for Jamie. Alarmingly we have two strikers and a plethora or midfielders. I always said that signing strikers was the Cowleys weak point, and I have to say I was proved right. If Gareth is still a registered player, we might need him. I'll keep my fingers crossed that this board doesn't follow the same mistakes that others have in the past.....Here is hoping.

Hoping for so much more today. Other than the stonewall pen, we didn’t create much and we really didn’t give their keeper any trouble at all. Plenty of possession and neat interplay in the first half, but when it came to the box, nothing there. Didn’t really see their pen shout so can’t comment, but once that went in, Bristol saw the game out fairly comfortably. We need to steady the ship very soon or there is a real risk of all the hard work coming to nothing. Massive game at Rochdale Tuesday. UTI

What are you on about Brendan. Because you think we were only good enough to get a point at the most which we didn't anyway it's only only one point dropped.
Err I think which ever way you are trying to dress it up we dropped 3 points today. We lost.

Yes, it's my opinion that we were only worth a point.

I didn't say it was your opinion, or anyone else's.

Poorest we played at home for sure this season. Unfortunately if we had played these three weeks ago or in three weeks time we would despatch Rovers no problem. They were on par with Accrington, but we didn’t overcome it and need to look at where we are going wrong.

The ref was utterly abysmal, slow and unfit. He bottled the handball in the first minute and from that point onwards you just knew he was never going to give us anything meaningful.

Today showed our unbalanced squad. No wingers and 1 striker on the bench.

How a club can only have 3 wingers (although I wouldn’t really class grant as a winger either) and 2 strikers on the books is negligent in my opinion.

The Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp said on the Radio as we were travelling home today teams that play a 5-4-1 formation are never going to win anything, he was talking about Newcastle at the time but he was eluding to those teams in general that play a lone striker, and we are one of those teams I'm afraid, the higher you progress up the leagues the harder it it will be with one up front.
I think we should play with both Walker & Akinde up front together if we are going to progress.

Can't hide behind comments about the ref, that was poor. No spark and never looked like scoring.
Yep.
Too many touches, a pass too many, passing to players already under pressure. We look like a team desperately trying to show how well we can pass it around, but with no plan or direction with it. It was an absolute shit-show today. No drive in our play, echoed from the dug-out. I kept expecting to see someone in the 4th officials face, but i didn't.
Bristol were no better.
New manager can't arrive fast enough.