Match Thread: Wycombe Wanderers v Lincoln City | Page 25 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Wycombe Wanderers v Lincoln City

It also gives some context to the 'favourites for xy fc championship manager's nonsense.

The Cowleys are one month into a season at the highest level in their careers, have built a good competitive squad which had made a good start but now in a relatively bad run. This is all new in their experience and responding to it will be a test of their managerial minerals, better here with players and environment they know and trust than at an even higher level with everything new.

Well that was disappointing. First game i’ve got to this season.

I don’t think we were as bad as made out here and instead they were fantastic at what they do. They have 1 plan and that’s all they needed today and they did it well. It was like watching 2017-18 us.

Their goals - Vickers too far across and caught cold, not really sure what happened and then a joke goal to concede.

Our goal - if the game wasn’t played by 22 honest men would never have been given. Unfortunately because of how football is now the referee didn’t blow. Player goes down in his own box to relieve pressure we’ve all seen it. Looks like the player is fine and it was just precautionary which is good.

Ref - until that incident I don’t think he was too bad but couldn’t get a good angle on a couple of decisions because of location in the ground. Once he made that mistake, you could have called it. He gave us nothing. Not sure Walker was offside, Akinde definitely wasn’t. Walker taken out from behind when he’s almost through not given. Akinfenwa could do whatever he wanted and they just had to sit down to get a foul.

We lost the game ourselves, the ref just gave us no chance of getting back into it.

The biggest disappointment was the fans. The streams who went to shout at Bolger as he was warming up after the 2nd was a disgrace. We turned on our team today rather than get behind them when they needed us. The amount of shit shouted was laughable. People giving up to put tweets out abusing our players. I left as soon as the whistle went because if I was DC I wouldn’t have applauded the fans and I didn’t expect him to. Even on here, I know most mean it as a joke but saying Cowley out is not always coming across as a joke on days like today. There were a couple of shouts today telling him to f*** off to Sheffield. Something he doesn’t want. DC will be seething tonight and quite rightly.

Our trouble today was our options at CB. To beat them, we needed to drag them out wide. Toffolo and Eardley couldn’t get forward however because Shackell and Bostwick aren’t comfortable facing lacy wingers as Wycombe have. We need a lcb for a back 3/5. 2 holding mids were a waste because they weren’t pushing us. I would have changed to 3-5-2.

Walker and Akinde were decent together though. I thought Bruno was very good. It wasn’t the end of the world but not good.

I didn't hear any of this. And I didn't see Bruno having a particularly productive afternoon. Was I caught in an alternative reality?

I didn't hear any of this. And I didn't see Bruno having a particularly productive afternoon. Was I caught in an alternative reality?

Watching the Imps away always makes me realise just how clueless and thick some of the people who ‘support’ us are. The clown who suggested DC should F off to Sheffield should be given a banning order and be put back on his armchair to watch Chelsea and Man U instead.

Just got back..

1st half we had no way to break them down. We looked like Fleetwood did against us.

2 stupid set pieces later and we go in at half time 2 down. Other than that I really didn't think there was that much in the first half, and we effectively lost the game there and then.

Much better second half when we had a target man, and we gave it a much better go until we concede an even worse set piece goal. After that we carried on but they grew in confidence and could easily have scored a couple more..

Bruno’s performance is an opinion, you may disagree. I thought he played well made an option for us and worked hard in defence.

The shouts were from near where we came in where the police were. Where were you sat?

Akinde made a positive difference, but otherwise it was a sloppy display from a tired looking team, devoid of ideas and quite content to slowly pass it across the back even when two down. A defensive display which was about as bad as it gets, there was no chance of a clean sheet and the pace and industry of Wycombe could have seen them realistically get six. Vickers didn't know where his posts were, but neither did we win headers in our own box or even know how to quickly get forward.

First half, it was one way traffic and we looked vulnerable each time they came forward. Walker in splendid isolation, must have wondered what he was supposed to do. Gareth had done his homework and done it well but he won't have expected the set play goals that were gifted to him. We were just slower to the ball than them across the park and especially in defence. God, did we miss Morrell.

One to forget. UTI.

Bruno’s performance is an opinion, you may disagree. I thought he played well made an option for us and worked hard in defence.

The shouts were from near where we came in where the police were. Where were you sat?

To the left of the goal

Well that was disappointing. First game i’ve got to this season.

I don’t think we were as bad as made out here and instead they were fantastic at what they do. They have 1 plan and that’s all they needed today and they did it well. It was like watching 2017-18 us.

Their goals - Vickers too far across and caught cold, not really sure what happened and then a joke goal to concede.

Our goal - if the game wasn’t played by 22 honest men would never have been given. Unfortunately because of how football is now the referee didn’t blow. Player goes down in his own box to relieve pressure we’ve all seen it. Looks like the player is fine and it was just precautionary which is good.

Ref - until that incident I don’t think he was too bad but couldn’t get a good angle on a couple of decisions because of location in the ground. Once he made that mistake, you could have called it. He gave us nothing. Not sure Walker was offside, Akinde definitely wasn’t. Walker taken out from behind when he’s almost through not given. Akinfenwa could do whatever he wanted and they just had to sit down to get a foul.

We lost the game ourselves, the ref just gave us no chance of getting back into it.

The biggest disappointment was the fans. The streams who went to shout at Bolger as he was warming up after the 2nd was a disgrace. We turned on our team today rather than get behind them when they needed us. The amount of shit shouted was laughable. People giving up to put tweets out abusing our players. I left as soon as the whistle went because if I was DC I wouldn’t have applauded the fans and I didn’t expect him to. Even on here, I know most mean it as a joke but saying Cowley out is not always coming across as a joke on days like today. There were a couple of shouts today telling him to f*** off to Sheffield. Something he doesn’t want. DC will be seething tonight and quite rightly.

Our trouble today was our options at CB. To beat them, we needed to drag them out wide. Toffolo and Eardley couldn’t get forward however because Shackell and Bostwick aren’t comfortable facing lacy wingers as Wycombe have. We need a lcb for a back 3/5. 2 holding mids were a waste because they weren’t pushing us. I would have changed to 3-5-2.

Walker and Akinde were decent together though. I thought Bruno was very good. It wasn’t the end of the world but not good.

Can't argue with much that

Looks like its possibly time to split the Shackell Bossie partnership for a while, and give Smiffy a shot in goal. What do you guys think?