Match Thread: Wycombe Wanderers v Lincoln City | Page 23 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Wycombe Wanderers v Lincoln City

Bad day at the office. We knew it was going to be hard this season, we're better having an off day against a team that were going to be difficult to beat anyway. We regroup and go again. Trying to think positively.

The BBC commentary might be completely biased towards Lincoln and I guess most people don't have a problem with that but it took to the 104th minute of the commentary before either Hortin or Thompson mentioned how outstanding the left back's performance was
At least Akinfenwa came on so Hortin did recognise one opposition player.

Okay so they scored a free kick and two goals direct from corners.

That doesn't tell the story. Throughout on commentary I kept hearing how the first half was a "nothing game" apart from the goals. Not so. It was from us, we were terrible but Wycombe were in total control and they had other chances in the first half. We were lucky we weren't 3 or 4 down.

After the changes at half time it got a lot better, until the goal. The referee knew he'd made a mistake allowing play to go on so spent the rest of the game making it up for it - unforgiveable for an official.

Not that I'm blaming him for the result either, because even after that Wycombe had a host of chances to score. It was like the Keystone Kops at the back some times and I can't understand why Thommo thinks anyone at the back was "immense"?

It was full pelt in the second half but I didn't enjoy it. It was a game with a lot of effort but riddled with basic errors by all the participants and in all honesty Wycombe could, and should, have won by a bigger margin - and they deserved to