Match Thread: Wycombe Wanderers v Lincoln City | Page 26 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Wycombe Wanderers v Lincoln City

Looks like its possibly time to split the Shackell Bossie partnership for a while, and give Smiffy a shot in goal. What do you guys think?

After that it's difficult to justify not making changes. If you can't break into the side when there's been a relatively poor performance, what's the point of having a competitive squad putting pressure on those in possession of their shirts?

On the basis that if you play well you should expect to keep your place, apart for tactical reasons, it was harsh to drop Bolger in the first place.

After that it's difficult to justify not making changes. If you can't break into the side when there's been a relatively poor performance, what's the point of having a competitive squad putting pressure on those in possession of their shirts?

On the basis that if you play well you should expect to keep your place, apart for tactical reasons, it was harsh to drop Bolger in the first place.
Seen all home games and Donny Mk away, pretty sure Bolger should be in starting 11.

That was really bad. First game I have left early
Dont blame you,the goals we conceded were straight out of park football.
During the week i said we were leaking too many simple goals,but today turned out even worse than that.
Confidence in the keeper is dropping rapidly.
You gift 3 goals and 1 on the first 5 its uphill all the way.

Confidence in the keeper is dropping rapidly.
You gift 3 goals and 1 on the first 5 its uphill all the way.

I haven't re-watched them since the game itself (you can understand why) but the keeper I thought was only to blame for the 3rd.

On the 1st the ball seemed to go through the wall, and the second could have been cleared by Bostwick but bounced off him into the net.

Although Vickers didn't have a good game he wasn't helped by the Corporal Jones defending in front of him today. He did, however, make a really good one handed save from..... Eardley.

Remember wycombe last season,at the Bank they were time wasting tosh and their forums said they provided little entertainment.
We beat ourselves today wycombe are average and have not played a decent side yet.
Top of table counts for f all in september.

Last edited:
Back at home in the West Midlands. That I have to say was poor today. 3 of the worst goals I've seen us concede from a defensive point of view in many a long year. It all seemed just too disjointed.
First half was probably the worst we've played for a heck of a long time. Second half was certainly brighter with more energy, but that long break after our goal seemed to knock our impetus too much and we never got that level back.Their third goal killed us off as heads went down.
I will catch up with what others think. Points of discussion I suspect will revolve around our goal, the referee and our set up at set pieces