Summer Transfer Rumours | Page 197 | Vital Football

Summer Transfer Rumours

Williams gone to Bristol, to be fair i'm coming round to the opinion that it's the organisation rather than the individuals that is the issue and no matter who we get to play in defence it wont be much better as i think the lads we have the tools and are individually decent player but a utter mess collectively.

Marshall has been frustrating. Was outstanding last season and has been one of the best Championship keepers for many years. Had big transfer fees and looked very good in the Premier League. He's been a completely different keeper to previous years. Hope it's just a confidence thing and not an injury related career destroyer situation.

I had high hopes for Marshall, based largely on the previous success he's had at his former clubs. It's unfortunate that he hasn't been able to reproduce the form he's shown in the past. He apparently had a slow start at his previous clubs but eventually improved and became a key player. The thing is, can we afford to keep him in the team much longer if he keeps repeating the same mistakes? Does he deserve one or two more games, or is now the time to bring Jones in?

Sterling, Jones, Mulgrew and possibly Williams in tomorrow for me. Former three should replace Marshall, Byrne, and Fox as they have been way below an acceptable standard. Williams as he seems to be the only player to have actual energy.

Sterling, Jones, Mulgrew and possibly Williams in tomorrow for me. Former three should replace Marshall, Byrne, and Fox as they have been way below an acceptable standard. Williams as he seems to be the only player to have actual energy.
To be fair Sterling and Mulgrew looked very poor against Stoke so cannot see how they would improve the team, Sterling looked lightweight and Mulgrew pedestrian!

Can’t be any worse than fox never seen a center back that never wins a header in his own box another master signing from Cook

Can’t be any worse than fox never seen a center back that never wins a header in his own box another master signing from Cook

Bit harsh on fox. While he hasn't been great this season he improved our defence massively at the end of last season and provided an experienced head at the right time. Don't write him off just yet.

Wrong target there John,Fox spends his time covering his fellow Centre Halves who have all been poor this season!!

Rumours have begun over Gelhardt. Liverpool and Everton sniffing around waiting until January. Leicester, Chelsea and Wolves have all sent scouts over.

Don’t fuck this up Latics! Whatever contract length Gelhardt’s on...extend it! Then tell anyone interested that the bidding starts at 20 million!

This kid is our biggest golden goose in a generation. An England international and soon to be Championship regular at 17 years of age. He is our record transfer sale in waiting. Do not fuck it up Jackson/Royles!!!

He needs to stay here for a couple of seasons and establish himself as a first team player. If he leaves too soon he’ll just end up playing for the under 23s and then getting loaned out to someone in our league anyway. As good as he has looked he isn’t ready to play in the premier league yet. Plus from our point of view if he has a decent season with us and scores a few goals his value will skyrocket. We need to avoid selling on the cheap as he could be worth millions in a few years. I wonder what our current valuation would be?