Tick Tock! | Page 2 | Vital Football

Tick Tock!

but can we afford to sack him as a contract to 2022
Can we afford not to ?
Sure IECs business plan didn't include going backwards on last season or a return to L1
A win at home against a stuttering Cardiff aside we have been terrible in every other game the buck stops with Cook and he's ducking his responsibilities by blaming individual errors - not good enough Paul

Possible options:
Hughton
Monk
Rowett
Campbell (would obviously be a risk as he has no experience at this level but the Macclesfield fans loved him and he apparently did a great job - I accept that it's League 2 and it would therefore be a risk, but sometimes a gamble may be necessary).

Anybody else?
Graham Jones perhaps, he'll be out of a job soon?

FFS if a bigger club with more money wanted them they wouldn't be anywhere near our club.
They’re both dinosaurs. Achieved a lot but it was years ago. We need a fresh approach, a lot of good staff have left over the years. Martinez and his staff, Paul Mitchell would’ve come back if we’d offered more money before he got big jobs. Brighton’s head of recruitment used to work for us. A few other good staff have moved on too.
I just feel as though we’re settling for just staying in this league at the moment. It’s not good enough, especially with the money spent.

They’re both dinosaurs. Achieved a lot but it was years ago. We need a fresh approach, a lot of good staff have left over the years. Martinez and his staff, Paul Mitchell would’ve come back if we’d offered more money before he got big jobs. Brighton’s head of recruitment used to work for us. A few other good staff have moved on too.
I just feel as though we’re settling for just staying in this league at the moment. It’s not good enough, especially with the money spent.
I would take staying in this league right now on goal difference- no doubt after tonight we are already right in the shit

I wouldnt mind Hughton, or possibly Monk.

Or I'd like us to think a bit outside the box and go to a Bundesliga coach, someone from someone thats about 7th or 8th in their league. Its reaped rewards for Barnsley and Norwich in recent years. Back them in January to bring in unheard of players from Germany, Finland, etc..relative bargain buys.

I am not sure the 'good ol boy Scouser' thing is working...clearly it isnt. Wasnt last season, isnt this. He won league one because the quality of it was piss poor and thats his level. Football has moved on.

I wouldnt mind Hughton, or possibly Monk.

Or I'd like us to think a bit outside the box and go to a Bundesliga coach, someone from someone thats about 7th or 8th in their league. Its reaped rewards for Barnsley and Norwich in recent years. Back them in January to bring in unheard of players from Germany, Finland, etc..relative bargain buys.

I am not sure the 'good ol boy Scouser' thing is working...clearly it isnt. Wasnt last season, isnt this. He won league one because the quality of it was piss poor and thats his level. Football has moved on.

Heard a rumour David Moyes could be a possible replacement..... yet another Everton dud....erm connection!!!!

I take it most people will have seen the post match interview from Cook, this guy has lost the plot big time, i would like to hear what the players have to say, if Cook has told the players what he said in that interview its no wonder we play like a league 2 team.
It won't be long before he loses the dressing room as well as the fans.

Praising a performance up that had one shot on target.
I wouldn't say knock his players but praising up for a shot on target.
Next he will be blaming injuries again when we basically have two squads to slide a player into position when one drops out.
Should not have dawdled and pissed about so long in close season getting a squad together then the players might have got to know each other once the season started.

Last edited:
This away form is unsustainable and shows no signs of improvement. It’s been that way for 12 months barring the freak result at Elland Road. Personally I’ve seen enough to know his time is up. Another failure on the road Saturday and I don’t expect him to take charge beyond the international break. A shame because I like the bloke and his personality, but it’s about results and he can’t deliver them.

Praising a performance up that had one shot on target.
I wouldn't say knock his players but praising up for a shot on target.
Next he will be blaming injuries again when we basically have two squads to slide a player into position when one drops out.
Should not have dawdled and pissed about so long in close season getting a squad together then the players might have got to know each other once the season started.
Thing is if we have 2 squads why is it always Naismith who comes on ?

Would Monk or Hughton go for us? Cant see it personally, my issue with binning cook is that we’d probably end up with a successful League 1 and 2 manager... like Cook.

The likes of Hughton will be after a promotion chasing club, despite the investment, we’re still a million miles away from the bigger sides in our league.

[QUOTE="exiled tic
Anyway Cook is not going anywhere!![/QUOTE]

Careful, a regular poster said that a couple of years ago about Joyce, two days later he was potted, lets hope lightning does strike twice.