Tick Tock! | Vital Football

Tick Tock!

Stormin' Norman

Vital Squad Member
After wasting 3 or 4 chances in the first 20 minutes and had Boro on the backfoot, we collapsed after their goal, not good enough, with those tactics we would find it hard to win a League 1 match.

Time running out for Cook, if results dont improve he'll be gone at the International break, mark my words. Tick Tock! :downer:

It’s clear to me we had a small blip at the arse end of last season - a point against a nervous norwich team and a minor miracle at Leeds before beating a couple of sides on the beach.

Normality it would appear has resumed with two utterly abject away performances. Defence all over the place, the same repetitive goals conceded and devoid of any real attacking threat. We look so disjointed and don’t resemble any sort of coherent team with a plan. Seems ridiculous to say after four games but I see little point in carrying on with the current set up as we are just not learning or improving. A couple of experienced Championship managers are out of work at present, time we looked at sounding out their agents to see if they’d be interested in a job.

Possible options:
Hughton
Monk
Rowett
Campbell (would obviously be a risk as he has no experience at this level but the Macclesfield fans loved him and he apparently did a great job - I accept that it's League 2 and it would therefore be a risk, but sometimes a gamble may be necessary).

Anybody else?

I see that Karanka apparently wants the Huddersfield job.

I want to be loyal to Cook as he used to play for the club and I'm sure he's a nice bloke, but if he isn't up to the job, he needs replacing.

Shite? And what do you call the season up to now ffs!

Come on then smart arse what would you do?
I’d keep him for now. Because we would get no one better and that’s the bottom line. QPR lost all their games this time last season and comfortably finished midtable. Different game tonight if Jamal Lowe and Nathan Byrne don’t waste those early chances.

Actually, David Unsworth would be an upgrade on the shite we endured the last season and this season. That is how bad it is.

Like Cook but if the owners have invested of 9M on players, then they expect improvements, and judging on the first 4 games, the defence have got worse, and our start has been similar to the shite we dealt with in the middle of last season.

The owners are the shot callers, and IEC won't just stand by seeing no improvement on peformances after modest investment. Darren has a decision to make, thats for sure.

I’d keep him for now. Because we would get no one better and that’s the bottom line. QPR lost all their games this time last season and comfortably finished midtable. Different game tonight if Jamal Lowe and Nathan Byrne don’t waste those early chances.

No one better, are you pissed or taking the piss?

Someone who will change the playing style and mentality is needed. It’s too direct and negative.
I can’t understand how the home record is so much better. The DW is hardly a fortress, it’s a bloody ghost town with no atmosphere. The away record is because we expect to get beat. That comes from the manager. We’re going out there hoping that we don’t lose.

Possible options:
Hughton
Monk
Rowett
Campbell (would obviously be a risk as he has no experience at this level but the Macclesfield fans loved him and he apparently did a great job - I accept that it's League 2 and it would therefore be a risk, but sometimes a gamble may be necessary).

Anybody else?[/QUOTE Well he would sort the defence out thats for sure