Other Clubs News Discussion Thread 2 | Page 459 | Vital Football

Other Clubs News Discussion Thread 2

Cotton doesn't grow in the jungle. I know that's probably the least offensive bit of that tweet but I do love a bit of jungle. I don't really have strong feelings about Tammy and racism is just stupid, more stupid than a fan abusing their own players.

Actually all of Tammy's penalties for us were either down the middle or bottom left corner , so it wasn't a hard guess to dive that way.

When you have right wing political leaders in Britain and the USA espousing racist beliefs in the media and social media platforms, where any jumped up little shit can hide away in their bedroom spitting hatred and bile at ethnic minorities and women. This is what you get.

Re-watching "The World at War", possibly the greatest documentary series ever made, at the moment. I was struck by the fact that now that most of the people who lived through the rise and fall of Nazi Germany have passed on, many of the following generations seem to have learned nothing.

The hatred, jealousy and ignorance that allowed Hitler to seize power is alive and well. Default emotions for much of the human race it would seem.

When you have right wing political leaders in Britain and the USA espousing racist beliefs in the media and social media platforms, where any jumped up little shit can hide away in their bedroom spitting hatred and bile at ethnic minorities and women. This is what you get.

Re-watching "The World at War", possibly the greatest documentary series ever made, at the moment. I was struck by the fact that now that most of the people who lived through the rise and fall of Nazi Germany have passed on, many of the following generations seem to have learned nothing.

The hatred, jealousy and ignorance that allowed Hitler to seize power is alive and well. Default emotions for much of the human race it would seem.
This is so true, we keep repeating the same mistakes from history.

I sometimes wonder if there was an EMP that took out technology over night, how thin is this veneer of civilisation and how quickly would we revert to our baser instincts. The rise of the right pre war was a popularist movement - the mob if you will. This is currently what is going on all over Europe and America, instant one liners "Make Britain great again". I've heard this from Spanish, American, French and German elections from the popularist right. We can't all be "great" and what was this greatness? Having an Empire? That made us rich as a nation, not necessarily great.

FFS Northampton, see what you've made me do now. Climbing off soap box and back into hole. :shake:

All the years of trying to get rid of racism and we are going backwards. I read an article a few months ago saying it would never go away and I thought bollocks. It said the reason it will never stop is because if a child is born into a racist family it will most likely grow up to be a racist. Before they can even talk they will grow up hearing the vile phrases and chants and think it is normal. So by the time they go to school they will be using the words. Its a sad world we live in when low life feel the need to abuse someone for their colour, their race their religion or whatever, and too often the people in charge ring their hands and pass the buck.

All the years of trying to get rid of racism and we are going backwards. I read an article a few months ago saying it would never go away and I thought bollocks. It said the reason it will never stop is because if a child is born into a racist family it will most likely grow up to be a racist. Before they can even talk they will grow up hearing the vile phrases and chants and think it is normal. So by the time they go to school they will be using the words. Its a sad world we live in when low life feel the need to abuse someone for their colour, their race their religion or whatever, and too often the people in charge ring their hands and pass the buck.
Racism will never die because there's easy money to be made out of it from ignorant bigots just like terrorism.

Fair play to Wolves. We had some great nights in the UEFA Cup back in the days of Deadly Doug. The match against Inter when Ray Houghton scored, the match against Athletico Madrid when we won but lost on away goals. Hopefully, we'll be back there soon. A UEFA Cup semi-final against Wolves would be fun.

Racism exists everywhere. Racism, is not defined by one colour, race or religion if you are a person that would descrimnate or harm another human being because of where they come from, what cast, religion or nationality they are you have a sad heart. From my experience to hate anyone for no good reason is to hate yourself because in the main only you will be truly affected by it. In an ideal world everyone would just get on with there own shit, I've got no time for haters, they will just kill a room full of happy people.

On a side note, I had a feeling Tammy would miss - it was a carbon copy of his pen against Sandwell, which Johnstone almost got his leg in the way.
That still gives me nightmares, what would’ve happened if you saved it. I know it’s completely irrelevant But still think about it a lot

That still gives me nightmares, what would’ve happened if you saved it. I know it’s completely irrelevant But still think about it a lot

I know exactly what you mean. I watched the entire shootout on YouTube the other day and still got nervous about it despite having seen every penalty so many times I know the commentary off by heart.

Racism exists everywhere. Racism, is not defined by one colour, race or religion if you are a person that would descrimnate or harm another human being because of where they come from, what cast, religion or nationality they are you have a sad heart. From my experience to hate anyone for no good reason is to hate yourself because in the main only you will be truly affected by it. In an ideal world everyone would just get on with there own shit, I've got no time for haters, they will just kill a room full of happy people.
While the haters hate hate hate hate all I want to do is shake shake shake shake, shake it all shake it now

Is racism a lot more prevelant in London than the rest of the Country?

That kind of language just seems so 1980's to me as a Midlander, but it seems Chelsea fans, Milwall fans, QPR fans, are still at it.

Is it just those clubs or a generic London thing?

Should have opted for Villa Tammy - we love you here for what you did for us and you will get a standing ovation at Villa Park when you return with Chelsea.

I think the smarter decision would have been to come to us but he's had an opportunity that no Chelsea youth team striker has had in decades, the chance to pretty much be the striker for them and play in the champions League. I get why he wanted to stay.

Perhaps he'll come to regret that decision in time, especially if every time he does something wrong he cops abuse like the above tweet. I would like to think Villa fans, moaners though we occasionally are, would not stoop so low.

https://uploadstars.com/video/21UXB433UW1S

Watch the video and listen to the words. Says it all really