The Official Summer Transfer Window Thread | Page 249 | Vital Football

The Official Summer Transfer Window Thread

With the window for PL and Championship now closed I was just wondering where our released players from last season are?
Uncle Albert has gone to Forest and Elphick has joined Huddersfield, but there doesn't seem to be any clubs coming in for Hutton, Whelan or Jedinak. I suppose as free agents they can still sign for anyone but I don't see them going abroad.
Is there a chance that they could do a job working with our academy?

I still think Hutton will end up at a Championship club.

Whelan was linked to Hibs. That might still go through. He'll either end up in Scotland or at a Championship club.

Jedi has just had a kid hasn't he, so I guess he'll be thinking about his future. Wouldn't surprise me if he wanted to raise his family back in Australia, so maybe a season or 2 in the A-League?

McCormack will sign for Man City. He's amazing.

According to Birmingham Live Besiktas are interested in Kodjia.

In other news Moussa Dembele scored in a 0-3 win at Monaco.
Jean-Phillippe Mateta of Mainz has torn his meniscus and is expected to start training in October.

According to Birmingham Live Besiktas are interested in Kodjia.

In other news Moussa Dembele scored in a 0-3 win at Monaco.
Jean-Phillippe Mateta of Mainz has torn his meniscus and is expected to start training in October.

If they are paying decent money, I think I'd sell him.

Jedi said he had an aim to end up back in Australia, but maybe he'd try a bit of European football first.

Hutton's 34, coming up 35. He's a sensible lad; wouldn't surprise me if he retires and tries something else.

I still cant understand why he is booed everytime he has come back to Villa Park.

Maybe because he spent years angling to get away from VP?
I wouldn’t boo him (a) because of the years of service and (b) because a “boo” sounds really silly - do one right now wherever you are and see how ridiculous it feels. But I can understand those who do.

Maybe because he spent years angling to get away from VP?
I wouldn’t boo him (a) because of the years of service and (b) because a “boo” sounds really silly - do one right now wherever you are and see how ridiculous it feels. But I can understand those who do.
Wife is looking at me as if I have gone mad. My recollection was that when told he couldnt leave he rolled his sleeves up and got on with it. Booing should be reserved for the likes of Downing. Maybe memory dulled with age.