The Official Summer Transfer Window Thread | Page 251 | Vital Football

The Official Summer Transfer Window Thread

OK I'm going to suggest it, let's get Dean Sturridge in on a pay to play deal for 12 months. We look very light up front and when fit he scores goals. Also he would know that this would be his last chance in the big time so maybe that would be an incentive.

OK I'm going to suggest it, let's get Dean Sturridge in on a pay to play deal for 12 months. We look very light up front and when fit he scores goals. Also he would know that this would be his last chance in the big time so maybe that would be an incentive.

Fuk dat.

So we're going full on desperate and signing a crock, and will then (if fit) play him as the sole striker ahead of the guy we've just shelled out for and needs playing time to adjust?

Nope, not for me Jeff.

West Brom had the same idea and look how that worked out.

No, no, no, no, no, no, no.

Thank God it looks like he's going to Turkey to play for Trabzonspor

Fair enough I understand your reasoning, I just think Wesley needs time to adjust to the Prem, and unfortunately we don't have enough attackers to accommodate his learning process. We need a striker who can score at this level.

Very torn on this one. Would absolutely have to be pay as you play, which would probably mean we wouldn't pay him very much at all. Plus side is his undoubted ability & goal ratio, negatives are that he talks himself out of appearances & Wesley does need game time. Yes, the judgement is still very much on Wes, but, far too early to write him off, though he has to raise his game big time.

NO. The guy has a huge attitude problem and could potentially unsettle the squad if things aren't going his way. Shame really, as he is one of the most talented strikers in the country when fully fit

NO. The guy has a huge attitude problem and could potentially unsettle the squad if things aren't going his way. Shame really, as he is one of the most talented strikers in the country when fully fit
Big Sam was saying the same thing about Andy Carroll on talk sport this morning. The problem with all of these type of players Is they are never fit anymore

*Daniel

I see that O'Hare has joined Coventry on loan until the end of the the season. Sad really as he will play every other week at the Sty and have to listen to around 50 fans singing "shit on the Villa"
I just hope that there is an early recall clause in the deal and we get him back in January - albeit with a serious dousing with Domestos

I'm surprised that Lovre is still here. The rumours have it that Sampdoria want him. I'd imagine this will be his last week as an Aston Villa player.

I'm surprised that Lovre is still here. The rumours have it that Sampdoria want him. I'd imagine this will be his last week as an Aston Villa player.

I still don't get why we signed him or who sanctioned it - a minor blemish in what is a rosie picture for how the club has been turned around. I'll also say fair play to them for being so ruthless if they've brought him in, decided he'll never make the grade and are willing to cut their losses immediately rather be bleed over the years with his wages.

Equally I suppose life here maybe just didnt suit him and he is struggling which would be unfortunate for the lad.

Think we signed Lovre because we were desperate for a replacement for Nyland and Jed was an unknown quantity, and at that point away on loan. Once Jed took his chance, Lovre didn't get a look in. Suspect Lovre is better than what we've seen, but not better than the two in front of him.