EU strategy to destroy the Chequers ‘agreement’... | Page 458 | Vital Football

EU strategy to destroy the Chequers ‘agreement’...

It's like lambs to the slaughter. I post stuff about tariffs and it seems our Brexiteers will accept the consequences.

It's like lambs to the slaughter. I post stuff about tariffs and it seems our Brexiteers will accept the consequences.

Lambs being younger generation. The slighter being done by some dumb-ass older generation right wingers who believe we should still have an empire.

Lambs being younger generation. The slighter being done by some dumb-ass older generation right wingers who believe we should still have an empire.
GBN's not a right-winger, although all his comments about congested roads, growing our own and too many foreigners etc etc would indicate the opposite.

GBN's not a right-winger, although all his comments about congested roads, growing our own and too many foreigners etc etc would indicate the opposite.

So congested roads, or waiting hours in A & E and weeks for a GP, or being concerned about jobs being only offered to migrants, or exporting huge amounts of essentially the same things we import, or huge amounts of our taxes being paid to an organisation that only properly invoices 4 of their 28 members, all that would disappear if everyone had left wing views.

See your logic there.

Good to see that Bozza is now addressing May's shortcomings and placing us in the best position we can be in the event of a no deal Brexit:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-49326148

I am still convinced that May and Robbins maintained their remainer outlook and were not willing to consider what preparation would be required if the UK rejected their deal/surrender and took on the EU properly.

So congested roads, or waiting hours in A & E and weeks for a GP, or being concerned about jobs being only offered to migrants, or exporting huge amounts of essentially the same things we import, or huge amounts of our taxes being paid to an organisation that only properly invoices 4 of their 28 members, all that would disappear if everyone had left wing views.

See your logic there.

You aren't a lefty mate. The yanks have a thing called "Rino" - which is Republican in name only.

I hearby dub you a Lino - lefty in name only.

Or this could be a good example of how left and right isn't really a thing anymore, as far left and far right are remarkably similar.

I mentioned it before but Portillo's documentary about the Tories on Channel 5 was fascinating.

Much though I loathed Thatcher, it showed what a fan she was of the EEC in the early eighties but by the time she left power she had totally changed her views and become a huge euro sceptic culminating in the "no, no, no" speech.

I looked like that was about the time that the UK's views started being ignored by Europe (election of Juncker and rejection of handbrake on immigration were years later) but we had to wait for such a long time to be given a referendum in order to extricate ourselves from what has become largely a Political union.

I am still convinced that May and Robbins maintained their remainer outlook and were not willing to consider what preparation would be required if the UK rejected their deal/surrender and took on the EU properly.
Hindsight is a wonderful thing but coupled with naivety and ignorance becomes a dangerous thing.

You aren't a lefty mate. The yanks have a thing called "Rino" - which is Republican in name only.

I hearby dub you a Lino - lefty in name only.

Or this could be a good example of how left and right isn't really a thing anymore, as far left and far right are remarkably similar.

Or is it a case that being too liberal can make for being a submissive doormat?

Is standing up for the rights of the UK so different to standing up for the rights of workers? Maybe you do regard that as possibly Far Left?

The Coal Board and Murdoch had Thatcher on their side. The EU has remainer liberal apologists.

I looked like that was about the time that the UK's views started being ignored by Europe (election of Juncker and rejection of handbrake on immigration were years later) but we had to wait for such a long time to be given a referendum in order to extricate ourselves from what has become largely a Political union.
But Thatcher would have fought on and got concessions/changed the rules; she would never have allowed a referendum. To her, such a mechanism was anathema to our parliamentary system. You have clearly based your decision on little knowledge [always a dangerous thing] about the workings of the EU, international trade and have chosen to believe what many say/write and counter any to the contrary as project fear.

Or is it a case that being too liberal can make for being a submissive doormat?

Is standing up for the rights of the UK so different to standing up for the rights of workers? Maybe you do regard that as possibly Far Left?

The Coal Board and Murdoch had Thatcher on their side. The EU has remainer liberal apologists.
I think 'LINO' is about right because you demonstrate the traits of nationalism in much of the stuff you write.

If you actually thought about that statement, you'd support the EU. Working time directives for example.

However you clearly interpret standing up for the rights of workers as stopping immigents coming over ere takin are jobs - which has no basis in reality.

LINO

Brexit is clearly not a right or left issue.
It's wrong to try and drag that into it.
Millions of Tories voted remain and millions of Labour voters voted to leave.

I have been a Labour member on and off but voted to leave, as did many others I know.
My brother is as Tory as you can get but voted remain.

The issue has little to do with party politics.
63% of Labour seats voted to leave but the vast majority of Labour members are remainists.

Yawn! Let’s have one more go. I’m sure you won’t get it, but here goes...

...congested roads...

The reason roads are congested is because everyone wants to use them at the same time. Leaving the EU will have no impact on congestion since there will still be demand to freight

See your logic there.

I have been a Labour member on and off but voted to leave, as did many others I know.

63% of Labour seats voted to leave but the vast majority of Labour members are remainists.

You are right.

If you actually thought about that statement, you'd support the EU. Working time directives for example.

However you clearly interpret standing up for the rights of workers as stopping immigents coming over ere takin are jobs - which has no basis in reality.

LINO

If you actually thought about that statement, you used the word directives.

Not federalist? I thought we controlled all our laws and had full autonomy with no European Parliament interventions or interference, at least WK would have us believe that.

Of course, all EU directives just happen to suit us (haha) and everything bad that happens to the country or its workers is due to domestic policy (haha),

We still held influence in the EU (haha) and could use it to make them suddenly reform after going totally in the wrong direction for the past decade (haha).

That it was an issue that spanned the major parties, May made the mistake of ignoring Labour Brexiteers after her disastrous GE result in 2017. Instead, she decided that saving the Tory Party was more important than looking after the national interests. Had she done so, we'd be in a post-Brexit Britain by now under a Withdrawal Agreement that was acceptable to many not just a few. No-one knew of the contents of her WA until late last year and the shit hit the fan in Parliament on January 15. I don't know why she excluded Labour Brexiteers but I think the ERG MPs are not blameless.

Yawn! Let’s have one more go. I’m sure you won’t get it, but here goes...

The reason roads are congested is because everyone wants to use them at the same time. Leaving the EU will have no impact on congestion since there will still be demand to freight

No impact? Whatsoever? What are you smoking today? Must be good stuff.

I hope you are not driving in my direction in the near future, as you must be closing your eyes every time you see yet another european phone number on the side of an articulated lorry.

Might as well be wearing a blindfold.

I mentioned it before but Portillo's documentary about the Tories on Channel 5 was fascinating.

Much though I loathed Thatcher, it showed what a fan she was of the EEC in the early eighties but by the time she left power she had totally changed her views and become a huge euro sceptic culminating in the "no, no, no" speech.

We DID have a handbrake on immigration. We just never used it. When Labour tried to introduce the identity card scheme that would have enabled EU restrictions on migration to be implemented it was blocked by Lib-dems on privacy grounds and the Tories on cost grounds. We could have introduced the rule that says if you can’t demonstrate that you are in employment and self sustaining after 6 months you can be sent back to your hone EU state. That would have ended all the nonsense about migrant so called freeloaders whether or not they actually existed.

No impact? Whatsoever? What are you smoking today? Must be good stuff.

I hope you are not driving in my direction in the near future, as you must be closing your eyes every time you see yet another european phone number on the side of an articulated lorry.

Might as well be wearing a blindfold.
You are so ridiculously inconsistent. Remember when you used to argue that trade would continue just as before because companies trade and not nations ? Now the roads are going to be freed up because trade with Europe will come to a standstill. Which Gillsbluenose will be speaking today? Go on. Give us a clue.

Not federalist? I thought we controlled all our laws and had full autonomy with no European Parliament interventions or interference, at least WK would have us believe that.
I've never said that. Brexiteers believe the EU determines all our laws, which is not the case. We have adopted EU 'laws' relating to trade, the environment and employment [in part]. The EU, for example, does not control our criminal justice system, tax system, NHS and education, prison service, police force, legal system [we don't operate under the Napoleonic Code], speed limits, our military, the height of your neighbour's hedge or how much we eat and drink.
its workers is due to domestic policy (haha),
We decided not to adopt EU employment law in full; hence, ability to exploit workers in this country. I've told you this many times.
We still held influence in the EU (haha) and could use it to make them suddenly reform after going totally in the wrong direction for the past decade (haha).
The UK was very instrumental and prominent in drafting EU rules and regulations.

Like many others, your views are distorted by lack of pertinent facts and yet we are stuck with the result of a referendum based largely on this severe shortcoming.