Women's World Cup Thread | Page 6 | Vital Football

Women's World Cup Thread

Relatively new professional sports tend to have disparaties like that. Look at the men's game even just 30 years ago. Much harder to thump the little teams now.

Unless you're Manchester City, Tottenham etc, as the FA Cup illustrated.

Its not a miss match its a tournament .Thailand are here because they qualified in the same fashion that USA have . USA are out to win the thing .No mercy shown .That's the right way to win things .Crush the opposition and move on .
Correct. Why should they take it easy? It is not their job to make the other side feel better about themselves, its in their interests to give them something to remember for the next time they meet. It is supposed to be professional sport. I don't recall a golfer easing off to let the pack catch him, and winning by the odd shot. Tried to explain this to my wife, who was saying it wasn't fair that this was happening.
It clearly no surprise to anyone. Adding in the USA to score over 6 goals didn't even change the odds of a bet I was placing on the game!!

Its not a miss match its a tournament .Thailand are here because they qualified in the same fashion that USA have . USA are out to win the thing .No mercy shown .That's the right way to win things .Crush the opposition and move on .

Absolutely! Professional sports people are exactly that professional and they beat other teams as comprehensively as they can. I think some of the negative comments directed at the USA are symptomatic of the snowflake society we have now!

I watched quite a bit of the France v Norway match last night and I thought it was very entertaining. What is nice about watching women's football is you don't get so much of the amateur dramatics! You know the player who gets a brush on the shoulder then rolls around holding his face like someone has just fired a sawn-off shotgun in his face at point blank range. Only to get up minute later and make an almost miracle type recovery!

Absolutely! Professional sports people are exactly that professional and they beat other teams as comprehensively as they can. I think some of the negative comments directed at the USA are symptomatic of the snowflake society we have now!

I think most of the comments have been more about the over exuberant celebrations by the Yanks after they scored the 9th, 10th, 11th etc than the fact they kept going hard to further hammer the opposition. It is a bit of a p*sstake when the scorer has to sprint to celebrate with the manager and bench after scoring the decisive 12th goal.

On another point England play the mighty Argentina tomorrow night. England professional players with every training aid and luxury afforded to them v Argentinian amateurs who can’t afford proper digs so are sleeping on the team bus and have a meal allowance of £5 each a day. Take a bow mega money rich FIFA for producing a fair indiscriminate football spectacle. What time is Corrie on?

I think most of the comments have been more about the over exuberant celebrations by the Yanks after they scored the 9th, 10th, 11th etc than the fact they kept going hard to further hammer the opposition. It is a bit of a p*sstake when the scorer has to sprint to celebrate with the manager and bench after scoring the decisive 12th goal.

On another point England play the mighty Argentina tomorrow night. England professional players with every training aid and luxury afforded to them v Argentinian amateurs who can’t afford proper digs so are sleeping on the team bus and have a meal allowance of £5 each a day. Take a bow mega money rich FIFA for producing a fair indiscriminate football spectacle. What time is Corrie on?

They are not sleeping on the team bus, they once did in a friendly match against Uruguay because someone didn't sort hotel accommodation. They are now professional, but very poorly paid. Corrie will be on at 19:30 enjoy. ?

Well I suppose you have to imagine monkeys playing tennis, they would pick up how to hit the ball maybe but that's about all.

Why would the rules of the game be beyond them? They're not stupid. Only a bit of DNA different from us...

There's a little video doing the rounds of a collie dog playing Jenga. Well worth watching if you can find it. It clearly knows the rules of the game as well as being pretty skilful at it.

And has anyone ever seen the film of a chimp who has to touch successive numbers that appear on a screen briefly.
Eg 1 2 3 4 appear visible for a second, the aim is then to touch the circles which had the numbers in and do so in the correct order. So it's a numeracy game and a memory game.
The chimp outperformed us humans by loads. He was so much faster at it, and could remember much longer number sequences than our brains can handle.
So...we are not the ultimate in braininess.
That chimp was way cleverer and who knows if that's not a general fact.

And also let's not forget the Scouse baboons at Knowsley Safari Park who frequently break into roof boxes on poor cars passing through so they can nick whatever they can get their hands on.

Why would the rules of the game be beyond them? They're not stupid. Only a bit of DNA different from us...

There's a little video doing the rounds of a collie dog playing Jenga. Well worth watching if you can find it. It clearly knows the rules of the game as well as being pretty skilful at it.

And has anyone ever seen the film of a chimp who has to touch successive numbers that appear on a screen briefly.
Eg 1 2 3 4 appear visible for a second, the aim is then to touch the circles which had the numbers in and do so in the correct order. So it's a numeracy game and a memory game.
The chimp outperformed us humans by loads. He was so much faster at it, and could remember much longer number sequences than our brains can handle.
So...we are not the ultimate in braininess.
That chimp was way cleverer and who knows if that's not a general fact.

And also let's not forget the Scouse baboons at Knowsley Safari Park who frequently break into roof boxes on poor cars passing through so they can nick whatever they can get their hands on.

Chimps aren't monkeys though, they're apes.

I don't think I said or intimated the rules of the game are beyond them? Basically it's football at it's rawest level, they are not as quick or strong as blokes and could not compete on a level playing field with them. It's entertaining at times and they are just as keen, it's just they don't have the same ability. The FA took a lot of money out the men's game at grass roots level to try and move on the womens game a decade or so ago.

Really enjoyed the Aussie comeback from 0-2 down versus Brazil to win 3-2 this afternoon :clap: .... VAR worked well for a change allowing the own goal winner.