Women's World Cup Thread | Page 23 | Vital Football

Women's World Cup Thread

Well I for one welcome our new football overlords (the goal attempt at about 3mins 30s was sublime, but the dying swan routine when he realised he's missed needs to be stamped out soon as)

Last edited by a moderator:
Given I was not replying to you, you take it as a no. I don't always agree with @buckielugger but on this occasion I was. It was clearly not a penalty as was England's v the US.

Intent is being removed from the game and the rate it is going with VAR football (the proper game played without the use of hands) will end up as a none contact sport.

I can confirm Electric Banana rarely agrees with me, and vice versa.
I also could not see a penalty for England vs USA. Tiny tiny contact if there was any.
And again it had to be looked at over and over again and they could barely find anything.
If this is ever ever going to come in at our level (and i guess it may well do in another year or so), then they could just go for a more simple method of letting 4th official have access to replays on a monitor (from the one or two cameras in our ground).
If he thinks the ref has made a major error he can check quickly and let him know.
Key word major.
These fine margin decisions are just pointless and counterproductive. Offside by part of a boot? Seriously?
Offside by 20 yards at Huddersfield then yes correct it !!!