WBA after DC | Page 49 | Vital Football

WBA after DC

Status
Not open for further replies.
13/8 on oddschecker and Labidda still isn't on there, so it's a load of rubbish imho !

Indeed so sign of Labbidaddi in the listings.
Gary Monk though has made a new entry this week, straight in a number two whilst Danny holds onto the number one spot for the third week running.

Meanwhile according to the Birmingham Post, Joey Barton is currently drifting...I can only assume he'd got on board some dodgy fishing vessel in Fleetwood harbour...

From that last interview unless WBA or others make them a ridiculous offer we can put this thread to bed now as plans for L1 and beyond are clearly the sole thoughts.

From that last interview unless WBA or others make them a ridiculous offer we can put this thread to bed now as plans for L1 and beyond are clearly the sole thoughts.

Well they're not though.
Danny has made it clear once again that our club have to be able to match his and Nicky's ambitions.
He even said that if we can't be competitive in League One then there's no point anymore.
And he is perfect correct to demand that.

Equally it also effectively makes it clear to any prospective clubs, that Danny and Nicky won't take any crap and that any offers have to be correct in every way. That's my conclusion on this and other things said.

And further, we can't put this thread to bed as it still not reached a 100 posts - getting ever closer though...

Bringing in a manager from Germany has proved a winning formula for many Football League teams in recent years (Wagner at Huddersfield, Farke at Norwich, Stendel at Barnsley). If Labbadia wants the job I think he'll get it.

Well they're not though.
Danny has made it clear once again that our club have to be able to match his and Nicky's ambitions.
He even said that if we can't be competitive in League One then there's no point anymore.
And he is perfect correct to demand that.

Equally it also effectively makes it clear to any prospective clubs, that Danny and Nicky won't take any crap and that any offers have to be correct in every way. That's my conclusion on this and other things said.

And further, we can't put this thread to bed as it still not reached a 100 posts - getting ever closer though...
Let it go! He ain't going to West Brom, if he does then I hope your life continues!
There are certainly worse things happening in mine than Danny Cowley going to another club.

Bringing in a manager from Germany has proved a winning formula for many Football League teams in recent years (Wagner at Huddersfield, Farke at Norwich, Stendel at Barnsley). If Labbadia wants the job I think he'll get it.
Me too, costs them nowt too

Despite what you might infer from some of my ramblings I don't think DC will get a cast iron offer to manage at a higher level. He is going to have to do it himself, either with us, or with a 'bigger' club at our new level.
Whatever we may think about his football philosophy perception still counts for a lot, and clubs in the championship like to flatter themselves that they play 'proper' football.

Despite what you might infer from some of my ramblings I don't think DC will get a cast iron offer to manage at a higher level. He is going to have to do it himself, either with us, or with a 'bigger' club at our new level.
Whatever we may think about his football philosophy perception still counts for a lot, and clubs in the championship like to flatter themselves that they play 'proper' football.

Not sure that's true. Tony Pulis keeps getting employed and you couldn't pay me to watch his guff. But he gets results (usually) and that's all that matters in this business.

My perception is Danny Cowley will have already had informal approaches to manage at a higher level, that he has rebuffed. Championship chairman are 100% concerned with the millions available in the PL and 0% concerned what style of football gets them there.

Lincoln played hoof ball in the NL and in the first season of L2 because it was the most effective way to play but not last season.

I can hear the groans behind me last season as we passed the ball side to side at the back and cries of just play it forward.

Mind you it usually went quiet again as Toffolo or Eardley suddenly appeared in space to start another attack.

Having listened to Steve Thompson's contribution to 'Hope and Glory' it's not difficult to imagine that informal approaches take place every time 2 or more football people gather together.
Take Snat's point about the appalling Pulis, but he did have over 300 league appearances to his name.
20 to go Buckie.

Status
Not open for further replies.