Transfer rumors | Page 27 | Vital Football

Transfer rumors

I was going to add that I'd forgotten him, but heard rumours that we could accept a 5m Euro's bid for him.
Good.
Even Bamford kicked his arse and bloodied his nose not too long ago.
Suits European football not Championship and if we can get a good fee then seems very sensible.
Dawson- love him but too old and a crock. Cant rely on him playing 20+ games so get rid or convert to a coach.
Hefele- too immobile. Get rid.
Worrall- give him a chance but my suspicion is that we should have took Burnley's hand off at £10m when it was offered.
Milo- squad player not a starter.
Robbo- left back. backup at CB only.
Bennymadbastard- if he can be restrained he's a starter. If he cant he's a liability.

So, out of the 7 CB's, my view is 3 to ship out, 2 as backup and 2 with the jury out.
If we play 3 CB's, we are still short of one with pace and leadership to make it work- and possibly more if Worrall isnt as good as he thinks he is.

Good.
Even Bamford kicked his arse and bloodied his nose not too long ago.
Suits European football not Championship and if we can get a good fee then seems very sensible.
Dawson- love him but too old and a crock. Cant rely on him playing 20+ games so get rid or convert to a coach.
Hefele- too immobile. Get rid.
Worrall- give him a chance but my suspicion is that we should have took Burnley's hand off at £10m when it was offered.
Milo- squad player not a starter.
Robbo- left back. backup at CB only.
Bennymadbastard- if he can be restrained he's a starter. If he cant he's a liability.

So, out of the 7 CB's, my view is 3 to ship out, 2 as backup and 2 with the jury out.
If we play 3 CB's, we are still short of one with pace and leadership to make it work- and possibly more if Worrall isnt as good as he thinks he is.

Robinson is far better on the left of a central 3, at LB he's too immobile and average on the ball.

We are linked,via Sunday press transfer rumours,with wanting to move for Grosicki at Hull re a £2.5 million bid for the 30 year old.Would be a good signing in my opinion as always looks lively.

We are linked,via Sunday press transfer rumours,with wanting to move for Grosicki at Hull re a £2.5 million bid for the 30 year old.Would be a good signing in my opinion as always looks lively.
He turns 31 in two weeks time.

No thank you

Did you use to watch Logan's run chap?
I don't have as much problem with the less mobile positions, such as DCM, CB or even one of the strikers.

But I don't think we should be signing 31 year olds for fees in positions that require lots of mobility and running.

Attacking players generally peak at 28-29 and by the early 30's are declining. There are exceptions but they are exactly that- exceptions.

If 31 year old Grosiki is the standard we are looking at then a)fears about MON's recruitment are indeed well founded and b) we might as well give up any pretence that we are going for promotion.

I don't have as much problem with the less mobile positions, such as DCM, CB or even one of the strikers.

But I don't think we should be signing 31 year olds for fees in positions that require lots of mobility and running.

Attacking players generally peak at 28-29 and by the early 30's are declining. There are exceptions but they are exactly that- exceptions.

If 31 year old Grosiki is the standard we are looking at then a)fears about MON's recruitment are indeed well founded and b) we might as well give up any pretence that we are going for promotion.
There are certain players you would make exceptions for because they are a step above in class but Grosicki is a jobbing Championship player coming to the end of his career.

At maybe £500k as a support player, maybe but anything more is a no thanks from me.

There are certain players you would make exceptions for because they are a step above in class but Grosicki is a jobbing Championship player coming to the end of his career.

At maybe £500k as a support player, maybe but anything more is a no thanks from me.
Absolutely.

I would be appalled if this was a key signing. Like you say, as a jobbing backup player fine- but I would want to see a lot of players leaving the club first before I would be comfortable with that.

I would not get too excited by the current transfer speculation; if you look at what has happened over the last two windows, most of the deals have been done and dusted before making the press over here.

The only advance news we got during those windows was when it appeared in the Greek press or the Portuguese press with Carvalho.

Taylor has no contacts with the club and posts non stop drivel; Nixon does not have any contacts either, he just posts tittle tattle from his agent friends, hardly any of which is accurate.

Most of the so called targets mentioned do not really fit the profile of what you would expect us to be after, probably with the exception of O Dowda.

He seems to tick all of the right boxes; he also has only one year remaining on his contract so would not be expensive, in fact there are rumors he has fallen out the manager and will not sign another contract; he also has a good relationship with MoN and Sir Roy, allegedly.

So, all things considered, you can bet your bollocks to a barn dance that he will end up at Leeds.

Grosicki. O’Dowda.
Suspect MoN spreading some corn - with targets being kept close to his chest. Keep em thinking - get the price down.

Robinson is far better on the left of a central 3, at LB he's too immobile and average on the ball.
Actually I agree.
He was a decent free signing but he's just not quite good enough for me in either position for what we are aiming to achieve.
Reinforces my point that we need someone with pace at the back.

Mind you, we need that all over the pitch. Wingers, CM, CF. Im sure MON knows that too though!

So we also need a first choice left back this summer that Robinson can understudy as my understanding was Osborne wanted away too.

We must get rid of the shite we have available, before looking at replacements, we bought a whole new team with karankà on top of the crap we had that made two crap squads we have now wandering the streets of Nottingham the wage bill must be awesome..imo we only have 3 or 4 genuine contenders to get this club up a division

Swansea set to sign Johnny Williams on a free.

Looked a great player every minute he played. Unfortunately, the number of minutes played has been the problem his whole career