Transfer rumors | Page 28 | Vital Football

Transfer rumors

How about a fast unknown foreign alice band wearing black lad that's also an over the hill ex-Prem striker?

There has to be someone out there?!?!

I have shortlisted the following that are close to the above requirements:

BAFETIMBI GOMIS

FAST: Not particularly, but not slow either. Did score the fastest ever CL hat trick though.

UNKNOWN: Not exactly a household name, but has been capped by France and played in the CL.

FOREIGN: Check - French.

ALICE BAND: Not really, but sometimes is spotted with some kind of tying device for his hair.

OVER THE HILL: Check - 33

EX-PREM: Check - former Swansea

JO

FAST: Not really, but not slow either.

UNKNOWN: Known as one of the worst ever strikers to play in the PL.

FOREIGN: Check - Brazilian.

ALICE BAND: Very rarely, but is fond of wearing snoods, which is a plus point in his favour.

OVER THE HILL: Some may argue at 32, but I would say, Yes.

EX-PREM: Check - former Man City and Everton

LOIC REMY

FAST: Yes, still pretty fast actually.

UNKNOWN: Actually, probably quite well known. 4 Prem clubs, 30 caps for France including World Cup appearances.

FOREIGN: Check - French.

ALICE BAND: Again, no, but not averse to some kind of tying device and fond of snoods.

OVER THE HILL: 32 - possibly not. Still playing fairly regular Ligue 1.

EX-PREM: Check - former QPR, Newcastle, Chelsea and Crystal Palace

EDER

FAST: Not bad for a big lad.

UNKNOWN: Yes, completely, up until he scored the winner in the final of the Euros.

FOREIGN: Check - Portuguese.

ALICE BAND: No, again we're looking at the occasional tying device.

OVER THE HILL: 31 and playing fairly regularly in the Russian PL so possibly not.

EX-PREM: Check - ex-Swansea.

GERVINHO:

FAST: Yes. Fast af.

UNKNOWN: No, not at all.

FOREIGN: Check - Ivorian

ALICE BAND: Yes, we're talking flipping PEAK Alice Band here chaps.

OVER THE HILL: 32, but still playing regular Serie A

EX-PREM: Check - ex-Arsenal

Does he classify as a striker, though?

So, who is it going to be guys?

Last edited:
Swansea set to sign Johnny Williams on a free.

Looked a great player every minute he played. Unfortunately, the number of minutes played has been the problem his whole career

Absolutely no doubting his talent, but he averages about 10 games a season, looks like Swansea are selling anyone worth a few quid & replacing with cheap/frees.

That's a bump back down to earth

Zeds list looks pretty useful. Obviously the old girl has opened up for him

Some of them maybe a bit expensive in terms of wages, but I'm told we can offset this by offering 30k per week on 15 year contracts.

Also Alice Bands as part of the win bonuses are non-negotiable.

£16m for lolley is the clause now isn't it, wonder if that Hull players his budget replacement?

On a positive note, the club have told me the season cards will be out early July.

Hopefully it will be a good season for us but judging by some posts, we are already down.

Unfortunately it looks like Villa want Lolley still. £10m being quoted in the post as their valuation.

I suspect £15m will be closer to the mark but I can't see any way the sale can go well for us.

I'm not sure we can replace him for any amount of money.

Let me clarify that- I don't think Martin O'Neil is capable of replacing him for any amount of money.

Unfortunately it looks like Villa want Lolley still. £10m being quoted in the post as their valuation.

I suspect £15m will be closer to the mark but I can't see any way the sale can go well for us.

I'm not sure we can replace him for any amount of money.

Let me clarify that- I don't think Martin O'Neil is capable of replacing him for any amount of money.
I know what you are saying Pope, and as much as I don’t want to lose him; he ain’t worth 16m. That, if MON spends it right, which like you, I doubt, could get us up.

I know what you are saying Pope, and as much as I don’t want to lose him; he ain’t worth 16m. That, if MON spends it right, which like you, I doubt, could get us up.
Could we sign someone of equal talent for less?

And I mean other than a brilliant lower league discovery.

Lolley was one of the best attacking midfielders in the division. Bradley Dack, who actually wasn't as consistent over a season and has all sorts of issues would cost all or most of that fee, possibly more.

That's the pisser of being a rank average SBC club.

It's also the pisser of being a side that is basically carried by just a couple of players

Could we sign someone of equal talent for less?

And I mean other than a brilliant lower league discovery.

Lolley was one of the best attacking midfielders in the division. Bradley Dack, who actually wasn't as consistent over a season and has all sorts of issues would cost all or most of that fee, possibly more.

That's the pisser of being a rank average SBC club.

It's also the pisser of being a side that is basically carried by just a couple of players
Again, I agree. Maybe we should poach peterborough’s Head of recruitment, they always seem to do business early, and pick up some diamonds. Still don’t think we could turn down 16 mil though.

Feeling confident chaps! The rest of the sides in the league aren't amazing.There is a thin line between doing well and shi*e in this league admittedly but until we see what happens we don't know either way chaps. No point being negative until we see what our squad is.The good thing is we have a chairman wanting to spend on the facilities/club with the ambition of promotion so it could be a lot worse COYR!

Feeling confident chaps! The rest of the sides in the league aren't amazing.There is a thin line between doing well and shi*e in this league admittedly but until we see what happens we don't know either way chaps. No point being negative until we see what our squad is.The good thing is we have a chairman wanting to spend on the facilities/club with the ambition of promotion so it could be a lot worse COYR!

20 years of experience has taught me that it takes a lot less effort to start negative and just carry on from there, rather than pointlessly feeling positive and then having to make the inevitable effort to cross the river to the other side