Leeds v Aston Villa - Match Thread - Sunday 28th April, 12pm | Page 27 | Vital Football

Leeds v Aston Villa - Match Thread - Sunday 28th April, 12pm

What do you guys make of Bielsa? Earned himself some credit by giving the goal after their incessant cheating but opinion on him as a manager seems divided. He seems to be a bit of a legend in world football but he has never really won that much in spite of a 40 year career.
Credit deano JT and cutler for making it happen. Biesla wasn't even thinking of it

Fed up of listening to these so called experts, I see Mr Allardyce has now had his say...play to the whistle, blah blah, Leeds now have moral high ground etc.....Most of them are showing their true colours, comments are uninformed and lack knowledge of the complete picture with respect to what actually happened. Lazy journalism at it's best in most cases. As for Leeds, their desperation for a return to the 'big time' is there for all to see and just when it looked as though promotion was a definite, they've wobbled yet again and they're finding it difficult to cope hence frustration over anything that's awarded against them, even clear fouls, and anyone, like Jack who's half decent.They believe everyone and everything is 'against' them! They're desperate ...and after Sunday I dislike them more than ever!

The one thing building up from all this, if we get a Villa v Leeds final, it’ll be one of the best atmospheres that Wembley has ever witnessed.

Two things. One: "play to the whistle" isn't an absolute. There have been plenty of instances where a player has taken the initiative to play the ball out because an opposition player seems to have taken a serious knock. It's not just about heads.

Two: in this instance the Leeds bellend deliberately slowed the play down making it look as though he was going to play it out, before flicking it down the line. He not only fooled the Villa players, he fooled the linesman as well, who lost track of the offside position. On this ground alone the goal was a cheat, and Bielsa was right to give us a goal.

Two things. One: "play to the whistle" isn't an absolute. There have been plenty of instances where a player has taken the initiative to play the ball out because an opposition player seems to have taken a serious knock. It's not just about heads.

Two: in this instance the Leeds bellend deliberately slowed the play down making it look as though he was going to play it out, before flicking it down the line. He not only fooled the Villa players, he fooled the linesman as well, who lost track of the offside position. On this ground alone the goal was a cheat, and Bielsa was right to give us a goal.

Spot on, like the Bamford incident, it is the deception involved that makes the goal not only morally, but technically wrong also.

Thats the missing context and I wouldnt be surprised if some of these experts didnt actually watch it.

I agree you play to the whistle but if indeed the linesman is so focused on the ball and expecting it to be kicked out then its incredibly great deception by Roberts. You can't see it on the Youtube video so I don't know if the lino is doing just that.

Thats the missing context and I wouldnt be surprised if some of these experts didnt actually watch it.

I agree you play to the whistle but if indeed the linesman is so focused on the ball and expecting it to be kicked out then its incredibly great deception by Roberts. You can't see it on the Youtube video so I don't know if the lino is doing just that.
I've seen some say he was looking for the ref, but even allowing him that, it didn't change the perception of what he did and even his most own team mates had stopped and come to the same conclusion - then he boots it.

Yes play to the whistle - but when both sides stop, that's your answer surely?

He definitely slowed down but I actually think the the Leeds player was looking to play the ball out but cocked it up. It looks to me like he was trying to kick it out further down the pitch so we restart there as oppose the half way line. Maybe being too kind. Klitsch is obviously a cheat or didnt realise what was supposed to be happening.

On another note have we been pronouncing Kodjia's name wrong?. When talking about the incident I have heard 2 different pundits pronouncing his name kod-e-ja as oppose to kodger.
No wonder he looks pissed off when he plays 3 years and we still can't say his name right.

Last edited: