Leeds v Aston Villa - Match Thread - Sunday 28th April, 12pm | Page 26 | Vital Football

Leeds v Aston Villa - Match Thread - Sunday 28th April, 12pm

Yeah, I don't get the blind confidence. Every member of the team has to show up and perform. This won't be as easy as some are predicting - but there is no reason we can't be successful.

Having expectations isn't synonymous with thinking it'll be easy even if we play Derby it will not be easy. The sum of our parts is greater than the other teams and we have better talent in some crucial areas. My expectation is based heavily on the shoulders of the spine of our side.

I think WBA will be a more difficult affair than vs. Derby or Leeds. I think the final environment and type of match it produces will suit us much more than it will Leeds. I think we can out play both WBA and Derby and dig in deeper than Leeds are capable of.

There are no easy games but I can't see anyone but us right now. With all things being equal I don't think Leeds are capable of scoring against this defence. I think West Brom can but purely because of the type of game it will be.

Agree, I thought I might have been the only one so im glad you posted this, but one of the first you get taught as a kid is play to the whistle. We switched off, we shouldn’t have.
Agree with your point 100%. However, what the pundits and so-called experts are missing in their debates of all of this was the fact that the linesman also switched off. If he had not also assumed that the ball was about to get played out, he would've seen and flagged for a clear offside. Players (from both teams) and officials all switched off.
Having been in situations like this as both a player and coach, it is easy to say they should have played to the whistle, but for 20+ years now, the practice of playing it out when a player is down and in obvious distress has become the norm in football. The only player in all of this who bears any responsibility is the Leeds winger, who quite clearly had stopped and started to turn to play it out before changing his mind.

Has anyone else on social media and beyond, been subjected to the hypocrisy of Leeds fans? I've just seen a post doing the rounds of Jansson's comments, stating he doesn't regret trying to tackle (and ignoring his managers authority in the process) Adomah, because Kodjia cheated and he went down for 'Nothing'.....

I have to get this summary of my chest, as reading the Leeds fans comments has made my blood boil.

1. Kodjia WAS injured - regardless of context - he was inured and went off the field and did not return.
2. Villa put the ball out for Foreshaw? 10 mins previously, whilst in a more advanced attacking position.
3. The Leeds midfielder who nearly snapped Jacks ankle? - selective memory.
4. Bamfords actions were an utter disgrace - So please, refrain from your hypocrisy Leeds - again, selective memory.
5.This leads to the following scenario: Villa down to 10 men with no recognised striker on the pitch.
6. Klich is clearly offside anyway.
7. Leeds still cannot score and secure the game in a must win game, against 10 men, at home, for over 20 minutes.
8. Bielsa's decision was clearly nothing of his own accord and 'class' - perhaps thats a controversial comment.
9. If you didn't dislike Leeds before this game, you will now.

Has anyone else on social media and beyond, been subjected to the hypocrisy of Leeds fans? I've just seen a post doing the rounds of Jansson's comments, stating he doesn't regret trying to tackle (and ignoring his managers authority in the process) Adomah, because Kodjia cheated and he went down for 'Nothing'.....

I have to get this summary of my chest, as reading the Leeds fans comments has made my blood boil.

1. Kodjia WAS injured - regardless of context - he was inured and went off the field and did not return.
2. Villa put the ball out for Foreshaw? 10 mins previously, whilst in a more advanced attacking position.
4. Bamfords actions were an utter disgrace - So please, refrain from your hypocrisy Leeds - again, selective memory.
5.This leads to the following scenario: Villa down to 10 men with no recognised striker on the pitch.
7. Leeds still cannot score and secure the game in a must win game, against 10 men, at home, for over 20 minutes.
8. Bielsa's decision was clearly nothing of his own accord and 'class' - perhaps thats a controversial comment.

Yes, these Leeds bellends are all one eyed. According to them none of our players were fouled and spent the whole game diving. They completely ignore the fact Kodj went off injured. When you watch that tackle on Jack you can see his lower leg bend from the impact of the Leeds thugs knee.
They are even trying to claim that our goal was all Bielsa's idea and Smith had nowt to do with it - I think you can see from JT's reaction it wasn't that way.
It seems they are starting to throw their toys out the pram as they watch their promotion bid implode once again.

On BBC 605 on five live Saturday evening a Leeds fan rang in and was allowed a five minute rant about the above incident. Chris Sutton agreed that Villa should have played to the whistle and what subsequently happened was all their own fault. The fact we had put the ball out ten minutes earlier for them, a major trigger in what followed was not even mentioned, it was stated that Kodjia went down after hurting himself in a tackle and it was only fair that Leeds were not penalised by having to put the ball out. It was stated there was no question of offside for their goal, and fleetingly mentioned that Bamford "didnt come out of it to well". Totally impatial as ever on the BBC.

If Sutton had been playing in a game where 5 minutes before that he had kicked the ball out for them, he would expect Leeds to do exactly the same.

Played football all my life and every team would have kicked the ball out in that situation.

What do you guys make of Bielsa? Earned himself some credit by giving the goal after their incessant cheating but opinion on him as a manager seems divided. He seems to be a bit of a legend in world football but he has never really won that much in spite of a 40 year career.

If Sutton had been playing in a game where 5 minutes before that he had kicked the ball out for them, he would expect Leeds to do exactly the same.

Played football all my life and every team would have kicked the ball out in that situation.
Sutton was scathing about Villa expecting the ball to played out and ridiculed us for expecting any sympathy for what followed. Leeds robbed by their own manager.

What do you guys make of Bielsa? Earned himself some credit by giving the goal after their incessant cheating but opinion on him as a manager seems divided. He seems to be a bit of a legend in world football but he has never really won that much in spite of a 40 year career.
Got to be honest I had never heard of him prior to his Leeds appointment, but have to say has got them playing some decent stuff this season. However he has been unable to stop their traditional kamikhazi loss of form when it matter at seasons end. The next few weeks will tell if he can pick them up and get promoted.

All these so called experts seem to miss the point that Roberts threw a huge dummy by making as if to put the ball out. That's why everyone stopped. Even the crowd stopped in expectation of what was going to happen.

Nothing to do with playing to the whistle .
The dummy never rated a mention.

I think we will be playing to the whistle from now on. That's all that matters. Like their club and players, the Leeds fans have no class. The most important person representing them in the issue read the situation correctly. Now the red card has been rescinded it's all just a.......

What is there to comment on?

The Leeds manager corrected an injustice (although coerced), the player apologised for playing on and the result was 1-1.

I just don't give a flying fcuk what anyone else (especially pundits) thinks on the matter - those are the facts. It doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things as they weren't going up and we are in the play-offs. Hope to see them at Wembley (but knowing them they'll choke).

We don't need to justify our part in this torrid little affair.