Man City v CL semi Finalists - us :-) | Page 6 | Vital Football

Man City v CL semi Finalists - us :-)

Loads of our players deserve credit today. They put in a decent performance against a very expensive line-up that will probably do the treble.

As for Dele, he doesn't need an arm round his shoulder at this point, he needs a massive kick up the arse. Token gesture shutting down and don't remember him putting a single sprint in for the whole game. Needs to be dropped for the Brighton game as if we are going to get a winning mentality, we need to ensure the entire squad knows what's expected of them regardless of their name. He put in a shift on Weds, but needs to learn that's expected every game. That's why Silva was MoM.

Gotta love Sky. There were 2 penalty shouts today from us. They still haven't even shown the second one's replay in the match or even mentioned it after. Pathetic.

not as bad as i was fearing after 5 mins. Good effort from the lads all things considering, but still frustrating as They were completely there for the taking today. but crap finishing really let us down. We may come to regret not getting atleast a point today.

The pen claims all evened themselves out in the end. We missed our chances and we let them score a very soft goal. We were way better than I expected us to be but frustrated that we let the game end like it did.

Gutted we've let Chavs and Arse go above us because they have easy games.

Loads of our players deserve credit today. They put in a decent performance against a very expensive line-up that will probably do the treble.

As for Dele, he doesn't need an arm round his shoulder at this point, he needs a massive kick up the arse. Token gesture shutting down and don't remember him putting a single sprint in for the whole game. Needs to be dropped for the Brighton game as if we are going to get a winning mentality, we need to ensure the entire squad knows what's expected of them regardless of their name. He put in a shift on Weds, but needs to learn that's expected every game. That's why Silva was MoM.

Gotta love Sky. There were 2 penalty shouts today from us. They still haven't even shown the second one's replay in the match or even mentioned it after. Pathetic.

He's been showing this lackadaisical approach for the best part of two seasons. Maybe you are finally starting to see what a few have already noticed.

He's been showing this lackadaisical approach for the best part of two seasons. Maybe you are finally starting to see what a few have already noticed.

You know, playing the way Dele has been for us of late, Pep wouldn't even have a player like that on his bench. Foden showed more desire, speed and fight.

The goal we conceded was an embarrassment. 2 x free headers from a diagonal cross. Subsequent similar crosses also caused us all sorts of problems.

I've lost count how many times we've let people have free headers in the box when we've been playing 3 at the back this season. Firmino got one a few weeks back for example.

Defensively this season I think we have been very poor by our normal standards under Poch and controversially I think Toby has been one of the worst offenders.

I've lost count how many times we've let people have free headers in the box when we've been playing 3 at the back this season. Firmino got one a few weeks back for example.

Defensively this season I think we have been very poor by our normal standards under Poch and controversially I think Toby has been one of the worst offenders.

A team defends from the front, we’ve been guilty of being poor in possession and continually giving the ball away. It’s a recipe for being punished at this level when we should be probing and looking for an opening at the other end.

If Son had not been physically/mentally tired after Wednesday we would have been 3 up at half time but he didn't score and we are now in deep dodo.

I thought Sanchez showed how to deal with that little S**t Bernardo and in general had a good game, Foyth was mismatched with Sterling but still did well. The play on the break strategy only works if the whole offensive unit is up for it but they were all jaded and Son can't do it on his own every game.

Shame we lost a game we should have won easily but we have brought the situation on ourselves...I'll be very surprised if we are in the CL next season.

The goal we conceded was an embarrassment. 2 x free headers from a diagonal cross. Subsequent similar crosses also caused us all sorts of problems.
That's been the same problem for most of the season CS, free headers,tap ins,don't know why they don't address it in training,or maybe they do, Trippier is most culpable.