Man City v CL semi Finalists - us :-) | Page 7 | Vital Football

Man City v CL semi Finalists - us :-)

If Son had not been physically/mentally tired after Wednesday we would have been 3 up at half time but he didn't score and we are now in deep dodo.

I thought Sanchez showed how to deal with that little S**t Bernardo and in general had a good game, Foyth was mismatched with Sterling but still did well. The play on the break strategy only works if the whole offensive unit is up for it but they were all jaded and Son can't do it on his own every game.

Shame we lost a game we should have won easily but we have brought the situation on ourselves...I'll be very surprised if we are in the CL next season.

He’s a poor finisher, what’s been the excuses for the rest of the season?

I'd have been over the moon had we nicked a point today. Would've felt like doing the double on them whilst pissing on their quadruple/treble. I said it before the game, they could be there for the taking. Son couldn't finish but was doing a lot of running. I thought Moura 2nd/3rd touch let him down on few breaks. But without any creativity from the midfield we were up against it. Disappointing that with Stone in their back line, we still failed to score!

Seeing how they were playing, I'd have had a better go at them in 2nd half, but don't think Poch went to Manchester with any hope of getting anything, which imo is poor mentality. Now hope to god he pulls all stops to get us over the line as the table will show us in a precarious position soon. Brighton are fighting relegation (nicking a draw at Wolves today), so not sure how this depleted squad will cope.

I'd have been over the moon had we nicked a point today. Would've felt like doing the double on them whilst pissing on their quadruple/treble. I said it before the game, they could be there for the taking. Son couldn't finish but was doing a lot of running. I thought Moura 2nd/3rd touch let him down on few breaks. But without any creativity from the midfield we were up against it. Disappointing that with Stone in their back line, we still failed to score!

Seeing how they were playing, I'd have had a better go at them in 2nd half, but don't think Poch went to Manchester with any hope of getting anything, which imo is poor mentality. Now hope to god he pulls all stops to get us over the line as the table will show us in a precarious position soon. Brighton are fighting relegation (nicking a draw at Wolves today), so not sure how this depleted squad will cope.
As it stands, if Chelsea and Arsenal win all their remaining games then unless we do the same we are out.

Just watched the game, not read any comments on here yet. We deserved a draw and that was a pen. Dirty Silva, dirty Sterling. We really should have put a couple of chances away . I didn't expect a win but I think a draw would have been fair as a minimum. Had the pen been given maybe we could have won. City defending poor, countless times caught out by long balls splitting them open. Now I will read the comments and see how others saw it.

Who said that?

Not me, I’m saying out finishing hasn’t been good enough all season, it’s nothing to do with tiredness.
As a general point I would agree with you but today I thought Son looked leggy given his current form and that made the difference. Total lack of effective options for our main strikers is the issue for me.

Refs have actively denied us our just deserts on decisions for the last four months. European refs have given us twice the free kicks we get when we play in the fixed prem league.

Refs have actively denied us our just deserts on decisions for the last four months. European refs have given us twice the free kicks we get when we play in the fixed prem league.

What about the 2 city pens?

Our finishing has been particularly poor this season. Huddersfield and Tranmere aside, we've been getting away with close wins. That's done no good to our goal difference, which may play a key role (as Poch has suddenly realised with his recent quotes). There is a general issue with this team failing to find that ruthless streak. We seem to like squeaky bum type of wins, always easing off after scoring early.

As a general point I would agree with you but today I thought Son looked leggy given his current form and that made the difference. Total lack of effective options for our main strikers is the issue for me.

He was through on goal three times?

That’s not leggy, it’s poor finishing in my view.

If we don’t get top 4 we really have no one else to blame.

I still go back to that Watford game at the start of the season, so many chances to make it 2-0 fluffed

I still go back to that Watford game at the start of the season, so many chances to make it 2-0 fluffed

MU at home was another, let's get through on goal and hit the shot straight at the keeper ten times.

The unfortunate fact for us is the Saints and Burnley losses have put us in a very precarious position. If us, Chavs and Arse all win our remaining games we still get top 4, but we put ourselves in a very dodgy position as we finish 4th and Chavs could go on to win the Europa.

100% on points from this point is the minimum we can do. Anything less and CL next season is gone.

Their keeper did well and closed both Moura and Son down. Also the ball just didn't fall for us or we were a little slow getting to it. I thought their keeper had more work to do than ours.

Their keeper did well and closed both Moura and Son down. Also the ball just didn't fall for us or we were a little slow getting to it. I thought their keeper had more work to do than ours.

Dink the ball over the keeper into the empty net behind, we didn't do it once.

The unfortunate fact for us is the Saints and Burnley losses have put us in a very precarious position. If us, Chavs and Arse all win our remaining games we still get top 4, but we put ourselves in a very dodgy position as we finish 4th and Chavs could go on to win the Europa.

100% on points from this point is the minimum we can do. Anything less and CL next season is gone.

Doesn’t matter if they do win Europa.

But yeah - I agree.

We should be wrapped up now and concentrating on semi

Dink the ball over the keeper into the empty net behind, we didn't do it once.

Possibly but I would have to have another look, it just seemed on each chance the ball wasn't in full control, a bit frantic. City weren't that good, we had 6 first choice players missing. Lloris, Tripps, Rose, Sissoko, Winks and Kane. Foyth did well and Rose came on I know but we were under strength from Kick off.