Man City v CL semi Finalists - us :-) | Page 8 | Vital Football

Man City v CL semi Finalists - us :-)

Possibly but I would have to have another look, it just seemed on each chance the ball wasn't in full control, a bit frantic. City weren't that good, we had 6 first choice players missing. Lloris, Tripps, Rose, Sissoko, Winks and Kane. Foyth did well and Rose came on I know but we were under strength from Kick off.

Under-strength at pool and citeh outplayed the former and had chances to beat the latter but still ended up with zero points. Our defeat column is the only one in the top six into double figures.

Under-strength at pool and citeh outplayed the former and had chances to beat the latter but still ended up with zero points. Our defeat column is the only one in the top six into double figures.

Yup...convert a few of those needless losses into at least draws and we wouldn't even be having this discussion.

With regards to Son's finishing, a couple were clearly down to his first touch. I remember one when he run onto it and went to push it ahead of him and ended up needing 2 touches which let the defender in. First touch has always been a problem for him but he's mostly a decent finisher and scores his quota. Wish others would.

This was the game we really missed Harry . Take just two of the chances we had and it’s a different story . Gazza was a bit dodgy in goal at times but he was hardly put under any pressure , except of his own making . The shots they had on target , he dealt with easily.

Dier was a liability ,sadly but understandably.
Foyth still improving but needs to learn he doesn’t get the time to play out of defence as he would like .
Not sure exactly what Rose brings to the party in midfield .
We certainly need our fortress to pay back what it owes us now

This was the game we really missed Harry . Take just two of the chances we had and it’s a different story . Gazza was a bit dodgy in goal at times but he was hardly put under any pressure , except of his own making . The shots they had on target , he dealt with easily.

Foyth still improving but needs to learn he doesn’t get the time to play out of defence as he would like .

When is it in recent times that Alli & Eriksen step up in Harry’s absence to make a difference? They get away with too many abject performances but suffer little consequences. I can’t say I know what Alli brings to the party in midfield either, oh I do show-boating.

Thought Foyth did well against Sterling.The little nuisance was so frustrated he completely lost it in the second half.He needs to get over himself.We deserved a draw but couldn't finish some great moves.Richmond : that pass from Eriksen to Son which bisected the Citeh defence was pass of the season.When will you see the good in Eriksen?What's your problem?

This was the game we really missed Harry . Take just two of the chances we had and it’s a different story .

I realise the angle for your argument, but I would say Harry does't have the pace to put himself in the position that Son was able to, in order to at least have those shots. I think Harry would've been starved of any service if he played on his own instead of Son. Yes, Harry usually takes fewer touches to get his shot away...... but not from halfway line, as that's where Son started most of his runs!

Last edited:
Llorente should have come on earlier.We lacked a target man to hold the ball up . We shall need him against Brighton who will park a double-decker bus in front of the goal. No chance of breakaways as they won't come out at all.

Thought Foyth did well against Sterling.The little nuisance was so frustrated he completely lost it in the second half.He needs to get over himself.We deserved a draw but couldn't finish some great moves.Richmond : that pass from Eriksen to Son which bisected the Citeh defence was pass of the season.When will you see the good in Eriksen?What's your problem?

When will you realize we need more than one defence-splitting pass in 90 minutes of football from our main AM.

I am getting fed up with writing the same thing. Eriksen plays one or maybe two decent passes a game but his dead balls are shocking. I hind myself praying that he gets sold as I think Poch favours him to much.
I also am fed up with Dele preferring to showboat rather than playing simple and keeping possession.i definitely feel when fit we have better options.
Dier is know where near good enough and there are better options out there to buy. As for playing Rose in cm that is a joke. Rose is not good enough at lb let alone cm . Takes me to Davies he is just crap. Paulo is not good enough to step into Hugo's shoes. Lucas was back to normal. Very quick but awful first touch and terrible passing and crossing.The positives were our back 3 did well ( apart from the goal) and Foyth was decent.

I am getting fed up with writing the same thing. Eriksen plays one or maybe two decent passes a game but his dead balls are shocking. I hind myself praying that he gets sold as I think Poch favours him to much.
I also am fed up with Dele preferring to showboat rather than playing simple and keeping possession.i definitely feel when fit we have better options.
Dier is know where near good enough and there are better options out there to buy. As for playing Rose in cm that is a joke.

I agree with your opinion as per the part I pasted above, but will reserve judgement on the rest of your assessment. Sometimes, some players can not perform because of being shoehorned to accommodate someone else in the team, similarly, some fail because of the dross that's around them. On the whole I think (apart from one nervy spill), Gaza did well. Their goal was the calamitous defence that allowed two free headers. Gaza's block of the line was also commendable when his vision was blocked.

Davies, I have commented on on numerous occasions as he does absolutely zilch for me.

It was a makeshift team (thus lacking cohesion) that accounted for itself very well, though I think with a bit more guidance from Poch and a leader on the pitch could've got us a point.

My biggest concern now is that I hope the CL Semi is not seen as the objective achieved for the season, the be all end all of our aspirations. I really don't understand how some peeps think we can just saunter across the finish line for top-4. We have Brighton (fighting for relegation) and Everton (see how well they started v United). We got ourselves in such a mess with losing a 10 point gap that we now pray for other teams to aid our cause. A depleted squad, now probably preserved for CL Semi ain't gonna give you any guarantees in the PL. I can't see Dele or Eriksen risking an injury to miss out on the world stage and no doubt Poch would want to hold some players back too.

Dier is know where near good enough and there are better options out there to buy. As for playing Rose in cm that is a joke. Rose is not good enough at lb let alone cm . Takes me to Davies he is just crap. Paulo is not good enough to step into Hugo's shoes. Lucas was back to normal. Very quick but awful first touch and terrible passing and crossing.The positives were our back 3 did well ( apart from the goal) and Foyth was decent.

You won't see me arguing with you brother!

You won't see me arguing with you brother!

We created as many chances as City and the same shots on target. Both teams kind of cancelled the other out although our chances worked their keeper more. Against a strong City side still on for a treble and with 6 first choice players not starting for us I ain't complaining. A pen turned down which was contentious to say the least .

Dele rated 6 and 7 on some reviews , he had a job to do in MF keeping them quiet and is hampered by his hand . Eriksen is operating at 75% and probably better than the options we have in the squad. Having said that I will be pleased when the uncertaintity of him going is put to bed staying or going.

We were playing against 12 men with Oliver giving free kicks for gentle shoulder barges but not a pen for hand ball.

In the 2 games we played at City's ground, they got a grand total of 1 yellow card. That was for Sterling close to the 90th minute.

Refereeing has now hit an all time low in my opinion. Not totally the refs fault as they are allowed to ignore the rule book whenever they want nowadays. In fact, they are sort of encouraged to, so that we have 22 men on the field at all times.

It's ruining the game in my opinion.

I realise the angle for your argument, but I would say Harry does't have the pace to put himself in the position that Son was able to, in order to at least have those shots. I think Harry would've been starved of any service if he played on his own instead of Son. Yes, Harry usually takes fewer touches to get his shot away...... but not from halfway line, as that's where Son started most of his runs!
Not going to disagree with you CS but Harry brings so much more to the table than scoring . IMO what we missed most was somebody to to be a target , hold the ball and bring runners into it . Llorente should be that man ! But wasn’t .
We have the pace and runners with Alli ,
( sorry Richmond) Sonny , Moura ,Christian but running alone from the halfway line isn’t always easy .

Yes Dier was dire as always slowing the game, no foward passes and playing like he has no interest. I can not stand him he should be sold. Rose is overrated does not cross the ball as often as he should and his defending is suspect

In the 2 games we played at City's ground, they got a grand total of 1 yellow card. That was for Sterling close to the 90th minute.

Refereeing has now hit an all time low in my opinion. Not totally the refs fault as they are allowed to ignore the rule book whenever they want nowadays. In fact, they are sort of encouraged to, so that we have 22 men on the field at all times.

It's ruining the game in my opinion.
Nail , head and hit mate . Totally agree. ..... and in my humble opinion VAR is going to make it worse as it gives them licence to ignore more than they do now .

Just watced the match, pretty happy with the performance. We had a few good opportunities but ManC were the better team.

Ref missed some penalty shouts both ways.

What I found interesting was Foyth and KWP. Foyth is seen as not good enough to allow rest for our senior CBs, and KWP is apparently not good enough even when the 2 senior RBs are injured.

Sadly, it seems that KWP is not regarded highly by the coaching staf so will probably be sold or loaned out.

I think that this also demonstrates that we must sign a 3rd choice CB, personally I'd sell Foyth but that won't happen, so a loan to get proper game time and improve is in place.